“Excellent small town hotel”

Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Sask
“Excellent small town hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Canalta Hotel in June. The overall experience was excellent. I really enjoyed the pool area and waterslide. There was also an exercise room, which I didn't use. The rooms were very spacious, the beds were very comfortable. There was everything you needed, including a small fridge, coffee and coffee maker for the morning. The front desk staff were very accommodating, even had free snacks (cookies, popcorn). The continental breakfast in the morning was way more than I expected. I have never seen bacon or hashbrowns at a continental breakfast. They had a waffle station, toast, bagels, and much much more.
I would certainly recommend this hotel and if we are ever back, we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Although we do not have a restaurant on site, I see you enjoyed a great breakfast. We at Canalta have not just a continental breakfast, but a deluxe one. The hot items you enjoyed during your stay are just part of a rotating breakfast menu.
We have recently added a yogurt bar to our list of items as well.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

From the new modern decor to the service oriented staff the Canalta in Humboldt sets a new standard for hotels in the prairies. I happened upon several conversations between staff and customers and professionalism and a 'can-do' attitude was always apparent. Loved the cookies and popcorn at various times during the day as well as the huge variety of hot and cold breakfast items. Everything at this hotel has been well thought out and considered. Appreciated the ability to do laundry and access wifi as well as the business centre. A wonderful, convenient and restful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind words in this review. It is encouraging to know that guests see (and hear) the team spirit that is at our hotel. Our team prides itself on the "can-do" attitude and work hard to maintain it.
We hope that you will return to our location for your next stay in Humboldt.

ps............... we have cookies.
Unity, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed just for one night and had the best sleep on the new comfy bed. The breakfast the next morning was from 5am-10am and had the most food that we have ever encountered at a hotel. There was quite a bit of selection. Only complaint is that the toasters weren't working, but I imagine they will fix that problem. The staff was very courteous and our stay very positive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our location. I am pleased to let you
know that our toasters have been replaced and are working fine now.
Comments like yours help to improve service. Sometimes if we don't know it is broken, we can not fix it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Edmonton
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we've stayed in your hotel and we have yet to find any faults. Your staff satisfied our every need, from our request for early check in, to having a crib supplied in our room at no extra charge. Our 14 month old son loved playing in the pool with us, and he loved your breakfasts. It's so nice to not only have hot items like eggs, bacon, and sausages but to also have fruit cups, yogurt and granola and fresh fruit. And the complimentary cookies at the front desk are a nice treat. I recommend this hotel 100% and I will never stay in any other hotel in Humboldt. Thanks again for a great long weekend.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Helen W
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you Helen for your kind words in your review.

We pride ourselves on being consistent across our brand but even more so day to day at our location. Your kind words reflect that we are hitting the nail on the head. It gives us great pride to know that you have an expectation and that we meet it each time you stay with us.

I look forward to your next visit and your next review.
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

A seemingly newer property based upon the room decor and public areas... all are clean and in good condition. A decent sized pool and fitness room with functioning equipment. Bed linens include duvets and a selection of firm or soft pillows. Reasonable rate. Overall somewhere I would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you Winston for your review.

Maintenance of a hotel is a full time job. When guests such as yourself comment that we must be quite new we get very excited. I have had a hard time convincing some guests that we are in fact, 4 years old.

Cochrane
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stay at the Canalta whenever I travel through Humboldt. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with great beds. The service is friendly and make you feel like they want you to stay there. The "Continental" breakfast far exceeds expectations. It is one of the hotels I look forward to staying at in my travels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Alan K for your review.

It would appear that you stay at our location every chance you get. We think that is great.
Our continental breakfast has recently had a yogurt bar added it to. I hope you have a chance to stop in and try the newest addition.
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I came here for a night to visit some friends that were here for a dance competition and I rented a room and I was very inpressed the hotel is really clean the rooms are a nice size and the continental breakfast was awsum I would definitely stay here again when I am back this way

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you Darren S for your review.

Dance competition weekends can be very hectic at a hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Be sure to book early for these weekends as they do fill up very quickly.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!