“Barely Adequate”
Review of Bella Vista Inn

Bella Vista Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Humboldt B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Relatively clean. Towels were threadbare and you only get one each. We could only get one room key as they don't have enough for everyone checking in (busy because of the Senior games). There isn't an elevator for second floor access. Generally it needs an upgrade and update soon!! Staff friendly and helpful and provided a room for the team to meet. Great location for events at Uniplex. Restaurant food was okay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Several of my family members and I stayed at the Bella Vista during the preparations for our father's funeral. The place is clean and the staff are very friendly. We were so grateful that they allowed us to stay in our rooms until 16h00 on the day of our father's funeral. They also gave us a card of condolence. Very touching and shows the lovely kindness of people in a small city/town.

The hotel itself is very basic yet the breakfast was good, the rooms are very clean and newly decorated, and the staff are very friendly. I can highly recommend the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank globaltraveller62
Management response:Responded 28 March 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We went to Humboldt because it has some of the very best Duck, Goose and Sandhill Crane hunting in the world. The rooms were adequate/good. The restaurant was adequate. The Hunting was Outstanding! We would stay at this hotel again for hunting and fishing trips in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff at Bella Vista are amazing. They are courteous and friendly. The rooms are super clean. I really enjoy my time spent there. Its my winter holiday. It is very easy to get to. I really like that all the things I needed were under one roof.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wanda F
Management response:Responded 28 March 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean and fresh everywhere. New berber carpets. Good staff. Restaurant food is great, especially the fish and chops and breaded cutlets. Breakfast also excellent. Shopping mall close by. I have stayed here for many years and am glad to see the upgrades.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janet p
Management response:Responded 28 March 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times; it's nothing flashy but it's very clean and perfect when you are looking for a cheap and basic place to stay. The pool and hot tub, as well as attached restaurant and bar make it a convenient spot.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank anm075
Reviewed 2 December 2012

This hotel had the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. I found a pair of dirty socks in the corner of the room from a previous tenant. Room was not very clean. There were about 15 boys playing hockey in our hallway until about midnight which kept my kids awake. Random knocking on our door and rattling of the door handle. I did not feel safe. The outside door was not locked at night either. Anyone could come and go when they pleased without going through the lobby. The owner/ manager was extremely rude when I voiced my concerns. As a travel agent with 12 years of experience I would rate this under a 2 star rating. I would never subject anyone to staying here when there are comparable hotel rates for much much nicer accommodations very nearby. I would use this hotel only as a very last resort and would sleep in my car before staying here ever again.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Kristithetravelagent

Been to Bella Vista Inn? Share your experiences!