“Delicious! Found a great vegetarian choice.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant has a modern, rustic atmosphere where we provide a dining experience, with the best food and service, that makes our guests feel welcomed, relaxed, special and most importantly, happy. We use local, fresh products to make the best food from scratch.
Watson, Canada
“Delicious! Found a great vegetarian choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Yes, the menu is loaded with meat but they were very accomodating when I asked them to hold the chicken for the Lime, Chicken, Cilantro Taco & add some grated cheese instead. She offered me a choice of @ least 6 varieties of cheese. I chose Jalopeno Monterey Jack. Wow, it was to die for. The flavours were amazing together. The Waitress & Hosteaa were very professional, courteous & conveyed a sincere desire to please their customers. All in all, very impressed & can't wait to get creative, which you've got to do if you're vegetarian, with their menu offerings again.

• Visited September 2013

Muenster Canada
“Restricted menu for vegetarians, but thoughtful gesture”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We heard that the new owners were not interested in “catering to vegetarians” when they implemented the new menu. We would have preferred vegetarian options. We both chose chicken dishes that were OK: nothing spectacular in flavor. The green beans and corn appeared to be canned and the beets were firm enough that I guessed they were warm but otherwise raw. My husband’s stuffed potato was OK, not outstanding. These entrees are in the $25 range. My husband ordered a strawberry daiquiri and it came as a glass of slush. In the time we were there it did not melt into a drink. I decided to stick with a glass of ice water.
The waitress was young and new, based on the fact that she had to get assistance from another server. She was friendly and doing a good job. This was a pleasant surprise because the last time we were there (more than a year ago) the waitress was in a bad mood. She immediately set the tone and it was one we were not willing to pay for, so we walked out. If we had not received a gift certificate we never would have returned. Ever.
But here’s the good news. We told the young waitress we were there for our 25th anniversary and asked to see the desert menu. We ran out of time and had to leave without dessert. Our waitress announced that she was packing up a piece of chocolate cheesecake for us, forks and all and it was free: an unexpected thoughtful gesture.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saskatoon, Canada
“Two thumbs up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I just want to say thank you for making my b-day celebration an awesome one, the food was delicious the service was great, you have become one of our favorites!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Nice place limited selection for picky eaters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I love chick Allan's. I will say selection choice is limiting when I am allergic to shellfish and fiancé allergic to nuts. Please bring back gnocchi in carbonara sauce. AWesome.

• Visited May 2013
Humboldt, Canada
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Had made reservations with friends to celebrate a special event. Serve was horrible, am glad we had not made any other plans. The food, for what they charge the quality and quanity do not reflect. Would I recommend this place.... not on your life. I know we will not go back there again.
Marion