“A very relaxing stay!”

White Shells Luxury Apartments
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was a bit daunted about going away with my hubby, daughter and grandchildren.........but not to worry as White Shells was the perfect location. I'm too old for the fast pace of some seaside resorts and the children were to young to want anything other than the beach, beach, beach! It was also a pleasure to stay in such sumptuous surroundings too, a very modern apartment with all mod cons. Our first impression was aso good as Karen, the manager, was a real poppet and organized a high chair at very short notice. I would have no problems recommending White Shells to anyone. We'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom unit in which we stayed was perfect for 3 adults, a child and a baby. The room faced t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SheilaOliver
There are newer reviews for White Shells Luxury Apartments

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We booked at White Shells after leaving the Sands Beach Resort early ( very unhappy there and glad we moved). This resort is great great: quiet, spotlessly clean, modern, fast lifts, right on the beach etc. etc. The manager Karen was friendly and helpful. The little extras like a coffee machine & 'real' coffee, enough dishwasher powder for the whole stay, BBQ cleaning wipes, loads of storage, lots of crockery, comfy beds (and the list goes on), made this resort a great part of our holiday, not just somewhere to sleep at night.

As far as the location goes, it's great if you want to completely relax (almost no cars in sight), but if not there's not that much to do that's really close by (so you'll need a car unless you're content to do very little). As a family it was perfect (not a 'commercial' type area at all-it's actually primarily a residential estate), but then again we were more than happy to go on walks, go to the playground (literally across the road), beach, swim, have BBQ's etc. The little restaurant about 100m away is gorgeous, especially breakfast under the verandah on Saturday morning! Finished the trip actually 'relaxed'! Will definitely be there again.

Room Tip: We saw a couple of rooms (traveled with other family). They all looked great, but if you want your o...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rachy78
Reviewed 5 December 2011

As a 24th birthday getaway gift from my family I decided that White Shells would be a nice, quiet and family-friendly place to stay. From the time I actually booked I requested for an early checkin and because I was running late from work, the manager kindly contacted me to let me know that the apartment was available for whenever I was to arrive. Karen was the first staff member (Manager of White Shells) that I had met upon arrival and was very appreciative of the excellent customer care she had! I could honestly say that the 2 nights (3days) we were there were just lovely. Quiet building and surroundings and loved the fact that the beach was just 100metres or so walk from the apartments. This little holiday of mine was worth every cent! Beautiful apartment with quality furnishings and I loved using the kitchen! My family later joined me in the evening and so the Weber BBQ on the balcony came in great use. The balcony was large enough and great to have the bi-folding doors open up the apartment to the lovely sounds of the beach outside! The bedrooms were a great size and the bathrooms were spotless. The cleanliness of the apartment was close to perfect! Felt more than comfortable. The rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi (there were actually 2), that overlooks Marcoola Beach and has a fantastic view of Mt Coolum, was amazing during the day. The family used the swimming pool and loved it. My sisters who are aged 12 and 5 spent a good part of the day swimming! One of the winning things with the location of White Shells is the convenience of local boutique stores, children's playground and a restaurant down the road. As well as this I loved that a grocery store (IGA) was just 2-3mins drive down the road (which was great as we would just run down if we needed to get supplies). What was even more wonderful was on the day of checking out, I thought to ask if it were possible to check out a little later and was able to do so at about 3pm! My sisters and I got to enjoy the beach for a little longer and enjoy other sights around Coolum. I would recommend White Shells to anyone that appreciates quality and excellence. Thank you so much White Shells Apartments for a memorable stay and I will be sharing the name around to friends and family that want a great getaway! Thankyou again and hope to be blessed enough to come back for a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: Level 2 Apartments (which is where we were facing the beach) don't get a clear view of the beach...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Olika T
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I booked last minute for a family weekend getaway. Best decision to stay at Whiteshells, we arrived Friday night after 7, the office stayed open till we arrived was treated with excellent service and promised a late check out on the Sunday.

We booked a ground floor 2 bedroom with private pool, which the kids jumped into as soon as we had our bags in the room, in fact they spent every waking moment in the pool.

The room was clean provided everything we needed even a coffee machine!

Only downside was we had to come home! We asked for a late check and received one....till 3pm on the Sunday, so we enjoyed 2 full days.

We will be back and have told so many people how great our stay was.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank lovetovisitbali
Reviewed 12 November 2011

the appartments were nice. but the service and staff are bad mannered and rude making the stay most unjoyable.

don't recommend you stay here

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank sam s
WhiteShells, Owner at White Shells Luxury Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Since this review there has been new owners and management.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Would highly recommend White Shells, perfect location with Coolum only a 2 minute drive, very short walk to the beach and great view of Mt Coolum.
We didn't see any other guests the whole time we were there, and had the roof top pool to ourselves the whole stay!
Great park less than 1 minute walk.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Halz82
Reviewed 22 November 2010

We chose to stay at White shells because of its privacy (e.g. own bbq, rooftop spa or private pool) and location (beachfront, 180 degree views, isolated beaches, 10mins from major shopping centres and restaurants) and value for money. The rooms are beautifully designed with high quality fixtures and the views from our balcony were stunning. Great service from a friendly management team. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be staying longer on our next visit - highly recommended! See the DVD of features at:http://www.whiteshells.com.au/ and to book ring:manager@whiteshells.com.au

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BrisbaneJuliaS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcoola
The Point Coolum Beach
Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach
Sand Dunes Resort
Sand Dunes Resort
#2 of 7 in Marcoola

Been to White Shells Luxury Apartments? Share your experiences!