“Best fettuccini marinara in the world”
Review of Cucina Al Mare - CLOSED

Cucina Al Mare
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cucina Al Mare closed its door late 2015 and re-opened as a fantastic new Restaurant with a new name, new menu, new chefs & staff and a great new casual vibe. Go to the Cucina Al Mare website for details of the new local favourite.
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

This is a special place hidden in the middle of a residential zone and it is one of the best local restaurants I have ever been too. I travel regularly and will always try fettuccini marinara whereever I go and again tried it here. Thisrsl was the best I have ever tried and my children thought their kids meals were the best they had also ever had. Congratulations chef you knocked it out of the park with our meals. Thanks

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were visiting from Brisbane and dined for my Mother's birthday with a group of six and couldn't fault the lovely staff. The service was very attentive- some of the best I have seen. Our meals came out quickly and the several tapas we tasted were all delectable - a highlight was the eye fillet and the chicken with risotto was also amazing. They even tailored a pasta specific for my mothers taste and with no trouble at all- Overall a wonderful little hidden gem with unexpected charm.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very nice place to sit on a warm evening, lights in the trees, park view and lovely street scape. Food is very good (not quite up to Harvest in Coolum standard) and service is efficient and reasonably friendly. Take away pizzas are also very tasty and a good size. Will definitely return.

1  Thank mishandcait
Reviewed 10 September 2013

love this beautiful little Italian restaurant. Has been a regular night out for us for about a year now. We used to travel from Buderim, but now have moved to Marcoola (lucky us!!), so we can ride our bike over now.
Cucina is often very busy so booking is essential (especially if you want the alfresco area). From what I have seen there is a pretty broad mix of diners, from families to couples and friends.
They have recently refurbished the bar area and menu, so we have been excitedly working our way through the antipasto and secondi (as it says on the menu), but there are always 'specials' to mix it up if you feel like something different.
Overall, I feel that this is one of the best restaurants around. The staff always make us feel welcome and the food is fantastic. They have also started doing cocktails, of which the dolci cocktails are delicious!!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We didn't have a great time, this restraunt had been on Trip Advisor previously with a review stating it was a great place to take your date. Not sure what night of the week that reviewer was talking about. I do not recommend Saturday night before 8PM. The restraunt was decked out in a romantic fashion, candle light (so dark it was hard to read the menu) then it filled up very quickly with families and uncontrolled kids. I would have liked to stay for desert and coffee but we couldn't hear ourselves think let alone what my hubby was saying. I didn't even finish the main meal. It whould have been a different situation if we had been warned when we made the reservation that the restraunt was going to be filled with kids, giving us the opportunity to either dine later or find another restraunt. As it was our last night of our long awaited honeymoon we were looking forward to a nice romantic restraunt like it had been previously rated. The owners need to take into consideration the couples have rights too. We paid good money for a bad experience. I'm sure the families had a great time.

1  Thank 1960JRA