All reviewsacross the roadnorth towersunshine coaststaff at receptionbedroom apartmentpool areaocean view roomnice poolclose to the airportaustralia zoomarcoola beachfamily holidaythree bedroomnoosabistroshopssurf
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent 1 night here for a conference. Other people who stayed said their room was pretty bad (it is undergoing renovations). BUT my room was lovely - fresh, compact and with great views.
I ordered a beach view room, it was on the 5th floor so it was above the tree line. Nice in the afternoon and the morning.
Nice pool - we even ate at the restaurant. It was a very very generous meal - generally pretty tasty.
Breakfast was pretty good - lots of food.

Room Tip: Order a beach view and up high.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SD E
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days last March. Room was ok, Resort had a restaurant and bar downstairs.Food was good,but the bar was terrible. Staff and manager had some serious issues, they hated their jobs and lives,couldn't wait for us to leave so they could go home and party on. It was a real "locals only" atmosphere. Felt like we were imposters . Otherwise the Resort was quite nice. Marcoola would not be my 1st chioce suburb to stay at next time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the resorts next door are much nicer
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank NeedsMoreSalt
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Last time I was here I had a room the size of a small wedge of cheese and the same shape. Because I asked I was upgraded to a larger room the size of a shoe box! So feeling a bit happier, however, no balcony and no view. Staff are friendly and accommodating, bar staff the same. Like the location as it's on the beach and I enjoy the morning walk or ride.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was our first time at the Ramada Marcoola - we had purchased a 2 night package with breakfast, bottle of wine on arrival, unlimited bike and movie hire & late check out. The package included upgrade to Ocean View (if available & it was).
The room was quite comfortable - the ocean view was terrific and the fact that there was also a view of the ocean from the toilet was very novel!
The greeting and information we received on arrival was terrific. Everything was clearly explained and all staff were very helpful.
Whilst the breakfast was included in the cost it was surprising that the restaurant was not run by the motel. The breakfast was great as was the Dinner we had there.
We were very surprised that whilst the airport was almost right next door it did not disturb us in any way.
The pool and grounds were extremely well maintained and it was just a short stroll to the beach.
We enjoyed our leisurely stroll on along the beach each afternoon.
We both had a very relaxing couple of days.

The only down side is that the motel is not within an easy walk of any major shops or clubs (there is a bar and pokies venue attached to the motel).
I personally found that the bed was quite low - but this seems to be the normal rather than the exception with all hotel and motels that we have stayed in and we did not let this affect our overall rating as I considered it to be a nuisance rather than a problem.

Room Tip: Select an Ocean view if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ralph and Kay C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Thought this would be a nice one night getaway for my wife and I. Having stayed at Ramada hotels across the world i had come to expect a certain standard and value for money. This hotel fell well short and I would say is only a Ramada by name. When we checked in we were given a room not overlooking the beach but a rooftop and parking lot. I called and asked for a room with a view and was told I should have requested this when i booked. Right... So the hotel needs to ask customers if they prefer a sea view or carpark view... We then changed rooms, but were charged an additional $15 dollars (was $20 we negotiated to $15). The next room had a sea view but was dirty and half the size, sheets had hair and stains all over them. It was getting late...we gave on on being satisfied with our room and decided to hit the pool. They boast the pool is heated at a temp of 26c. This is clearly a lie. When we got in a 5.00pm it was freezing, we managed a few minutes and got out. They boast 'dvd players in all the rooms'. Great, but make sure you bring your own. To rent 1 of their DVDs its $7.50 each. That's right $7.50. This is normally free in most hotels or very cheap. Wait... I bet you would like to have a nice sleep in, well forget that plan also! Check out time is 10.00am. 10:00am! Not 11, not 12 but 10:00. Did I mention the huge cockroaches coming out of the drains in the bathroom or the cigerette smoke that wafts through the air vents? All this and more folks and we only stayed for 1 night. That was enough. As my title says. Don't bother people. Greedy hotels with poor service don't deserve your money in these times.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple