All reviews across the road north tower sunshine coast staff at reception bedroom apartment pool area ocean view room close to the airport great pool australia zoo marcoola beach family holiday three bedroom noosa bistro shops surf
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for a week, I was on the fifth floor facing the water in a hotel style room.
The front of the building and reception are impressive and staff at reception are happy and cheerful, check in was quick and painless; it is outside parking unless you are lucky enough to get an undercover park in the basement.
The room has been undated but it is still dated, there is not much usable space but as I was on my own it was OK, clean and tidy. The view was wonderful.

A couple of minor issues: the air conditioner was stuck on high fan and was extremely noisy, I had to turn it off;
the water drink container would not fit in the fridge and even after asking for one that would it never changed;
There was a horrible smell coming out of the pipes in the bathroom, so much so that I left the exhaust fan on to get rid of it, and
You can here the people next door when talking/shouting???

The pool and surrounds are very nice, the pool is massive and heated, the Gym is small and has just enough to have a work out and some cardiac equipment - no water in the Gym - so take your own,
The beach is about 40m away from the fence line so easy to get to.

Breakfast is buffet style not real flash but reasonable, 4 cereals and juice and powdered and scrambled eggs (depending on the cook) poached eggs, bacon, sausage, beans , mushrooms and hash browns; toast and fruit- so pretty good start for the day = $20 @.

Dinner was good and the wait staff are good for a laugh and tried to assist as much as possible.

Overall for the price $170 a night, it was average, if I were to stay again I would try an apartment.
Thanks to "Penny (waitress)" for putting up with me and letting me change her name.

Room Tip: Face the water and if you can afford it go for an apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have stayed here before and I'm pleased to say that the resort has kept updating its rooms and the location is a favourite of ours. I love the huge pool and the fact that it is heated in winter. It was too cold on one overcast, windy day but otherwise it was warm. The restaurant was not as good as previously - they have reduced the quality to cafe or pub status so it was a little disappointing. Other options across the road were good. Our room was lovely with a beautiful, large balcony and ocean views. Full bath and separate shower in the large bathroom. Our bed was king size and most comfortable. Yes we will come again and enjoy the quiet ambience of this part of the Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugbitten10
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I took advantage of el cheapo flights to Sunshine Coast from Sydney abt. 150 ea. ret. We had 2 nights in a self contained 1 bed room unit. No car but taxi OK from airport - Stopped off at Coles, cooked our meal and 2 hours from the hussle and bussle of Sydney we were sititng on our balcony eating salmon and salad , sipping a nice white and listening to the waves.
For a brief weekend away I can recommend
Bike hire - great bike paths
Sat morning coffee and croissant at Marcoola beach coffee shop - nice walk along beach.
Ride bike to foot of Mt Coolum and walk to summit abt. 1 hour return.
Dinner at Cucina Al Mare Marcoola (call a taxi) excellent food.
Early morning lap swimming in hotel pool - an extra nice surpise to find it heated - Ocean also a nice temp..
Staff genuinely friendly and really helpful - they organised for me to borrow a bike at 6am before opening so I could have my early morning walk up Mt Coolum.
Best way to re-charge batteries mid winter.
Negatives - I probably wouldn't get a hotel room - self contained is the way to go, but I guess that's a personal choice. I would be careful of the beach - don't swim there unless flags are up. I'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent 1 night here for a conference. Other people who stayed said their room was pretty bad (it is undergoing renovations). BUT my room was lovely - fresh, compact and with great views.
I ordered a beach view room, it was on the 5th floor so it was above the tree line. Nice in the afternoon and the morning.
Nice pool - we even ate at the restaurant. It was a very very generous meal - generally pretty tasty.
Breakfast was pretty good - lots of food.

Room Tip: Order a beach view and up high.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SD E
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a few days last March. Room was ok, Resort had a restaurant and bar downstairs.Food was good,but the bar was terrible. Staff and manager had some serious issues, they hated their jobs and lives,couldn't wait for us to leave so they could go home and party on. It was a real "locals only" atmosphere. Felt like we were imposters . Otherwise the Resort was quite nice. Marcoola would not be my 1st chioce suburb to stay at next time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the resorts next door are much nicer
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business