“Jeff C "A great three day stay"”
Review of Atlantis Marcoola

Atlantis Marcoola
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just what my daughter and I needed. Great location, room beach and hosts. Thanks Gordon for being so nice to India. your surfing advice has inspired her. looking at my calendar now to look at more dates to pop up there. oh, yes, the fishing was great just in front on unit. a great place for the family.

Room Tip: Just talk to the friendly front desk staff.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great apartment again. Our 4 the stay here and we will be back. Comfortable, clean, peaceful, great views. What more can I say. Hard to add anything else. Just delighted with the place. Wished I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We regularly stay at Atlantis Marcoola on one of their rooms with a rooftop spa. Last time we visited, there was a telescope in the unit which we used for star gazing. Quite often we have been given a discount or a room without asking. Overall we have been very pleased with service and quality of the rooms. I am not sure when we stayed there last but every time has been very good.

Room Tip: Choose the room with a rooftop spa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Fantastic customer service, great location and over all very helpful and professionally service.
Always happy crew and location can't be explained with words!
Units are quite clean and always fresh.
This is my 4th time and every single time I have experienced exactly the very same experience...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ZAIN A
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Firstly I have never written a review in my life but felt compelled to do so with this property. We stayed on the April long weekend. It was our second time staying here. I would just recommend anyone who stays here to make sure you check what the room quality will be like. After having an ok room the first time I was told that it was one of their older ones, and next time you will get a nice new refurbished room.
So on this occasion I was at least hoping for the same quality we had previously had, and maybe a little better if lucky. Well unfortunately it was not to be. Our first experience as a family was the awful room freshener that had been liberally sprayed throughout the room. It actually gave me a headache as it was so strong and I'm not one to suffer allergies etc. We had to open what windows we could and go out to air it. It was so strong.
This probably should have been my clue as to the dark, musty room we were then to stay in. The dark dowdy unit complete with old furniture really put a dampener on our 3 nights. If it was a week or two I probably would have left. It was dirty and there was damaged goods, damaged furniture and missing items (I.e. remote controls). The bed covers could do with a good wash too. The garage was a mess with junk and what looked like an abandoned car. Unfortunately this sort of stuff just brings the feel of the place down.
I am not the type to complain or asked to be moved but I did raise it with the onsite manager when leaving. I am sure this is probably a regular problem in these individually owned places. We tend to go away quite a few times a year but there are plenty of other options if this is their refurbished quality. On the positive it is a great location and the kids love the pool and the facilities are great for families. So it can be a good holiday if you get a decent room. That might be why the reviews look generally good on here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a good room. I think they can really vary between decent and horrible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KOGQ
Resort_Managers, Manager at Atlantis Marcoola, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Kelly,

We are terribly disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay in our beautiful Unit.

As I mentioned when you departed and commented on how much you disliked this apartment - I was as stunned then as when we read your review just now - this apartment has been almost completely refurbished with new carpet, curtains, king and single beds, leather lounge and a number of touches that an interior decorator thought would appeal to our guests.

I understand that the decor isn't to everyone's taste as the curtains are dark, but this apartment has quite a luxurious feel to it and many guests request this unit as it's so beautifully done. If the cleaning standard was lacking for any reason, we always appreciate immediate feedback so that we can rectify the problem immediately and we maintain our excellent record for cleanliness and high standards throughout the resort.

I'm sorry that you felt so compelled to write such a negative review the first time you commented on a holiday, rather than giving us a nice review the first time you stayed in the apartment you did like!

Great to hear you still rate our complex, and hopefully the service was up to par!

Good luck with your future family holidays, we're sorry we couldn't satisfy your needs this time.

Regards,
Suzanne
Atlantis Marcoola

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Once again we have had a great getaway with you. our room was just perfect and the staff couldn't be more helpful only wish we could of had longer. The pool area is just great and the kids loved it and the tennis court. We were spoilt with a lovely ocean view apartment and the beach is so close just awesome . Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kellie R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We discovered this venue through a TravelZoo discount deal and used it to celebrate our honeymoon. I can safely say that this was one of the best holiday experiences that we have had! We stayed in a 2 bedroom garden view apartment; the furnishings were new, apartment was clean and the location was perfect - well within walking distance to the beach, cafes/pub & basic shopping/groceries. What was the most memorable was the staff on reception - apologies, I didn't catch their names, but the 2 ladies were not only helpful, they were amazingly friendly! Thank you so much for looking after us, I only wished we could have stayed longer than 3 nights!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcoola
The Point Coolum Beach
White Shells Luxury Apartments
San Marino by the Sea
San Marino by the Sea
#5 of 7 in Marcoola

Been to Atlantis Marcoola? Share your experiences!