All reviews bedroom beach house large spa poolside villa heated pool sunshine coast lock up garage top deck electric bbq rooftop spa smaller pool lovely accommodation quiet family patrolled areas short drive fantastic pool outdoor setting the ground floor
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We had an enjoyable stay. The hotel is very reasonably priced with a well equipped kitchen and two bathrooms.
The pools are inviting and the beach is literally meters away. The staff were lovely and even held a free bbq on the Friday of school holidays we visited.

My only criticism was the shower screen was not in the best condition and our apartment was closest to the road and was a bit noisy at times. Having said that, we didn't pay too much and we all had a wonderful time. I would go back for sure.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Sand_Dunes_Resort, Manager at Sand Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We have just spent a week at Sand Dunes in a three bedroom poolside villa. It was absolutely perfect for our family of two adults and four kids aged between 9 and 12.

The villa was very clean, and the three levels allowed everyone to have their own space. Having the car parked in the lock up garage was also handy, no wrangling lifts with luggage. I enjoyed the rooftop deck, having few wines and reading a book. The heated pool was beautifully warm and the large spa was hot. Having direct access to the pool was amazing.

Easy access to the beach and bike path was also big plus. A nearby skate bowl kept the boys entertained. When the weather was good, Mudjimba beach was spectacular. Really nice to visit a largely untouched beach. Flagged area (near the Ramada Surfair) also an easy walk if you want to swim at the beach. Some good parks within easy scooter distance. Also a 7/11 for slushies, complete with signalised crossing for the kids.

I do prefer accommodation with a view, but everything else well and truly made up for the low rise accommodation. It's difficult to find a place that keeps six people happy for a week but Sand Dunes ticked all of the boxes.

We also loved the location, an easy drive to Mooloolaba, Noosa and Eumundi for cafes and shops when required. Not huge number of cafes etc. nearby, but with four kids we mostly self cater so not a concern.

Reception staff were super friendly and helpful. Check in process was a breeze and booking direct was a good move as I could discuss room options. The on-site managers do a great job of maintaining the complex.

We loved our stay and can't wait to return. Thank you Sand Dunes for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank antonyab
Sand_Dunes_Resort, Manager at Sand Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback . We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

A little Gem in the sunshine coast. This is the third time I have been there in 12 months and can't fault it. The ease of getting off the plane and into your accommodation within 10 mins can not be underestimated with young kids! The staff are so friendly and helpful and even contact you if your room is ready before the check in time.
We stay in a three bedroom apartment which is on the Pool. The ease for the kids to just jump in and not have to worry about taking anything with you is a god send. The beach is also outside the complex with flags to swim between in less that a 5 minute walk along the beach.
I have stayed in many places along the sunshine beach area including Coolum, Perigian, Sunshine beach and Noosa and think this is the place to return to for value for money.
ps. Although it is opposite the airport it seems to miss most of the noise as they are in line with the terminal. This means planes taking off and landing happen at the other end of the airport a km or so away and they are not flying over you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Term Bernays C
Sand_Dunes_Resort, Manager at Sand Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoy our resort and keep coming back. We look forward to seeing you again and again!!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Everything about this place was Fantastic.
A short hop from the airport & I was there
Right from the first minute I walked in meeting the family that ran this unique property you knew your stay was going to be great.
They helped me out so much with good info that saved me some money while I was there, nothing was too much trouble for them, they even gave me a ride to the airport when I left as I was running late, very caring people with a great attitude to have in their industry.
The unit was sensational, it has everything your house has & everything worked, it has a great open plan kitchen & lounge this was unreal as I could save some money by cooking myself when I felt like it, then relaxing in the comfy lounge watching the big screen television at night.
This place was super clean, it has aircon's in all the main rooms & the shower was fantastic, great pressure & piping hot, which I have found hard to find in similar places like this in the past.
The room I stayed in was on the ground floor & it had a nice pergola area with table & chairs overlooking the pool with pool access, you are surrounded with nice tropical vegetation which was beautifully maintained which made this area nice & private to relax in after a spa & swim.
This lagoon pool is fantastic it is really long giving access to it from all the rooms which makes you feel like your the only on in it.
The location of this place is another highlight, short 1 minute walk to the beach & wow, great surf, & kilometres to the left & right of unspoilt beach, & not crowded, what a gem of a beach.
I have no trouble recommending this property to anyone

Room Tip: I stayed in a ground floor room which was good for easy pool access
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Sand_Dunes_Resort, Manager at Sand Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are delighted you had a great stay .

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We first stayed here for our honeymoon five years ago and we returned on the 5th may for our 5th anniversary this year and will be returning every year to celebrate as this complex is amazing , and well worth the money, family friendly and safe environment

Room Tip: Beach houses are awesome
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sand_Dunes_Resort, Manager at Sand Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again!