Timberstone Bed and Breakfast
The Longmynd(Church Stretton)
The Elms(Abberley)
The Falcon Hotel(Bridgnorth)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsb bbreakfast menuplastic potslovely balconywarm welcomean evening mealtracey and alexfriendly and welcoming hostshigh standardshropshire countrysidehouse is beautifulfeel so welcomeon arrivalcomfy bedfresh milklong weekendlittle extras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary and the only thing I can say about it is perfect! There is nothing we could fault about this B&B. The couple who run the B&B did everything they could to make this stay a very special one. Although set in a quiet location it's only a 5 minute drive from Ludlow town. Ludlow is a charming town that still retains a lot of original Tudor buildings. There is a nice walk around the castle which takes you down to the river.
The room was very homely, very good size and retains all its original features and charm. As the rooms in the main house had their own seperate entrance it didnt feel like we were staying in somebody's home. The B&B also has a large, well kept garden area and wonderful views of the countryside. The breakfast menu had a large cooked selection as well as cereals and fruits, which used local produce. Highly recommend you pay a visit to this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Absolutely perfect for what we wanted. We like a nice quiet location as a base for touring around local sites and Timberstone fitted our needs perfectly.

We chose the summerhouse which is at the end of the garden and we loved it. The grounds and building are spotless and the owners can't do enough for you.

We definitely plan on returning and have already recommended this to other people.

Room Tip: If, like us, you like peace and quiet then I'd definitely recommend the summerhouse. It has a decking area which is perfect for drinking wine and watching the sunset.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I booked a long weekend break for myself and 14 friends last August bank holiday for my birthday at Timberstone and it was the best thing I could have done! The place was clean, fresh and had a wonderful family feel to it which made us feel very welcome.

I'm not usually a Tripadvisor reviewer however we recently stayed at another property that was a bit closer and the many issues we had with it reminded us just how great Timberstone was! The B&B is very rural and perfect for large groups. We were initially concerned as when we arrived we noticed there was someone quite close behind and were worried about noise however the neighbours were great as well and helped make it feel like a really relaxing holiday.

One thing this last holiday really pointed out was how lovely Alex and Tracey (owners) were to speak to and how helpful they were in replying quickly to any queries I had.

I would recommend this B&B to ANYONE and whilst away this year, my friends asked if we could return there next year which I'm sure we most definitely will (if it's not already taken! :))

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was a 86th Birthday celebration for my mother and myself and my two sisters took her away for the weekend. Our first visit to Timberstone, all communication with Tracy beforehand and during the booking was clear and easy. They made a special trip back from their sons sports day to book us in at 2.30pm which was lovely even though I protested Sports Day was more important! I shared a family room with my sister in the old part of the house, this was very spacious and had everything we needed. My mother and sister had the newer rooms at the other end of the house and were also pleased, all the rooms are a bit quirky which we loved! All had both baths and showers. The food for dinner and for breakfast was perfect, difficult to judge which was better, evening meal or the breakfast in the end we called a drawer! The gardens and view are so relaxing we really didn't want to go anywhere else. Tracy and Alex are very obliging, very friendly and both have a good sense of humour which made the stay even more relaxing! Ludlow was beautiful for a day out! We will definitely be returning due the the peacefulness of the B&B and it's beautiful location, the food, the near proximity to Ludlow, oh and the comfortable beds! I'm not mentioning anything to do with cheese & biscuits, private joke between me and Tracy! ;o) Thank you for the perfect stay and for being so obliging!

Room Tip: Clay had the balcony, it is over the dining area so a bit noisier maybe in the evening but fab views! The bath is in the bedroom but it also has a shower ensuite. Slate has it's own landing with sofa, ensuite with the biggest ever bath, sofa bed, single bed and comfortable kingsize, I think all rooms are kingsize beds. I would say a quieter room at the back of the house with lovely views from both windows. All rooms are really lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PipskiMaripski
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Only stayed one night with wife + 5 year old daughter before a wedding in Ludlow, but really great B&B. Others have said it all - a beautiful house, sumptuous room, great hosts (Alex and Tracey), fantastic breakfast(my daughter would like me to stress that point please) and such a pleasure all round.

If we go back to area for holiday etc, and we would like to, we would go back to Timberstone like a shot........

Strongly recommended