Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GP432
United Kingdom

Delicious Dinner on the terrace

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Sept 2016
We stayed here one night and enjoyed a really good meal on the terrace overlooking the lake (and the railway line!) The staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful. Delicious lamb! You just have to accept that the railway line is just beneath you and see beyond it. Trains rush past but that doesn't spoil the enjoyment of the panoramic view of the lake and mountains. It was a very warm evening/night, and our room at the front of the hotel was very hot. Opening the windows wasn't an option for us due to the noise from passing trains, but it still did not bother us too much. Breakfast on the terrace the next morning was again delicious, buffet style, with excellent coffee! We will certainly return.
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: Book a room at the side of the hotel if you want a quieter night!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Double room hillside
    £146
1.1 miles from Auberge de la Gare
Free parking
Vue directe sur le vieux port de Lutry
    £161
Pool
  • Priceline
0.0 miles from Auberge de la Gare
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
9.2 miles from Auberge de la Gare
View more hotels in Grandvaux
All reviews train station lake geneva homemade jams both nights auberge de la bread a wonderful stay excellent service restaurant wine views runs gare birchermuesli
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Room was comfortable with nice view of Lake Leman. We stayed Auberge de la Gare four days and enjoyed dinner every evening in the panoramic terrace. They are particuler to use local produced ingredients and all the plates sutisfied us. I strongly recommend to stay this Auberge to enjoy La Vaux atmosphere.

Room tip: Good view of Lake Leman
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I enjoyed an excellent stay at Auberge de la Gare during my recent Switzerland trip. I had been looking for rooms in the Eastern end of Lake Geneva, but had not been happy with what I found in Lausanne, Montreux, or Vevey, until I stumbled across this property, but what a find. Comfortable, attractive rooms (some with views), at very affordable prices, and above an excellent restaurant. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The location, less than 100 yards from the train station, is particularly good if you are using a Swiss Pass to get around the region. And, although the tracks are right across the street, the passing trains didn't generate as much noise as I would have expected, more like passing automobiles than the rumble of freight trains that I'm familiar with in America.

Note that the restaurant is not open on Sundays and Mondays, but there are other local options when it is closed. Overall, this is a great option if you are looking for someplace in the Lausanne/Montreux area. The setting in the midst of the vineyards also sets this property apart from most other lodging options in this area.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tomkey
Reviewed 9 June 2016

This is a delightful hotel and restaurant. Our hosts were attentive and kind to the whole family from the moment we arrived to our departure. We stayed one night and ate in the restaurant that evening. Before dinner the children were invited to see the rabbits and chicks and were welcomed in the restaurant. They ate their children's menu with gusto and also enjoyed my nettle soup, which I hadn't expected but is one of the best things about French food. The breakfasts are especially good, with homemade jams, croissants and coffee a la carte. We would definitely recommend staying and eating here!

Room tip: Our rooms (2&3) overlooked the railway line (it's auberge de la gare naturally), but we weren't too disturbed by the trains.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Beautiful view, parking in front of hotel. Amazing kitchen, good breakfast and comfortable bed. This family hotel is small and since many years very good. Not far from Lausanne and train station is in front of the hotel. Not so loud for me.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I stayed here for one night on my way to meet my wife skiing. The welcome was exceptionally friendly, as was service over dinner. My room was comfortable and spacious and dinner was excellent. It was good that it was made clear that the perch was imported and not from the lake. The place is an auberge and not a luxury hotel, but it is excellent within its category and very good value for Switzerland, and the welcome was much warmer than at the Raisin in Cully where I have previously stayed. I will definitely return.