“Well done! What an improvement”

Dunsley Hall Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Kinver
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Well done! What an improvement”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Sunday lunch Table d'Hote meal was delicious. Service was excellent, knowledgeable and prompt. Well done! And they must have listened to our previous comments because they have returned to a weekday TD menu, back to what they have always done so well. We shall be back!

• Visited April 2014

Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

A visit for my Father's Birthday with 6 others. Excellent starter's and main courses were superb. Unobtrusive service but nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended

west midlands
“So disappointing”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

As a loyal customer to the Dunsley Hall Hotel, and usually leaving positive reviews, on Trip adviser, how could they get our lunch so wrong this time?
My husband and I, booked for Sunday lunch, as we often do, but the whole dining experience this time was Shambolic, to say the least. Firstly, although we had previously booked, we had to wait over 30 mins to get seated, then when we did get our starters, we had to ask for bread , usually served with the dish. After another wait of 30 mins, our mains arrived, although, the meal I had ordered was not what they came out with! So after another wait, my meal of seabass arrived, the portion of fish, resembling a fish finger! ( I have ordered this dish , in the past, at this restaurant, and have been served with more acceptable quantities), and to top this, the waiting staff forgot to serve the vegetables ! At this point, my husband complained to the Manager! I was offered another meagre potion of fish to join the rejected one, whilst during this time our food was cold! After yet another wait, we were served another meal. Although, the roast beef , my husband had ordered previously was well done, this time it came rare! Only to be "taken back for the dog". The manager assured us, that after the meal, we were to see him, with the view to recompensed for the disappointed meal we had. He did, in fairness, ask, if the amended meal was OK, which mine was , but the overall fiasco, of the waiting and no show of bread, vegetables etc, and raw meat, was not! The manager, did not offer, as he mentioned earlier, to "put things right", when we came to settle the bill, with him, Neither did he offer us a discount or another meal , another time, even though he knew we were frequent customers! After this dreadful experience, needless to say, we wont be wasting our time and money at the Dunsley hall restaurant again!

5 Thank grumpoldwoman
Sutton Coldfield
“A Lions Treat”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had a Lions charter dinner as guests of The President of Bromsgrove Lions at Dunsley Hall. First the venue is superb.
Second even though there were over 80 diners the food served was very good indeed.
My wife and I both started with the ham hock terrine with thick cut toast served with salad and piccalilli. Tasty.
For the mains, I had the chicken with vegetables in sauce which was great and my wife had the duck in five spice which was tender and very tasty. The vegetables were nice and crunchy.
For desert we both had the chocolate torte with orange segments which was rich and ever so scrumptious.
All in all an excellent meal in lovely surroundings in good company.
Regards. Gary Saunders

• Visited February 2014
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Oh dear! What have you done?”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We've loved eating here in the past for a special lunch, so took a friend with us this time. The menu has changed, more bar snack type food than the 'posh nosh' that we so loved before. It was bitterly disappointing. In the past the front door opened as you walked to it. Not this time. We were ushered into the large lounge which is beautifully panelled, but one the the settees is ripped in three places, through to the foam padding and the curtains look tatty. The menu has changed but we chose dishes that we each thought we'd like. My gruyere cheese omelette was mushroom! (I did mention this, but felt too embarrassed to have it changed). The battered fish was a small piece of fish in a vast batter. Very disappointing. Our puddings were pleasant. Service was nothing special. It wasn't the restaurant that we remembered from previous visits. Standards have dropped, and it no longer has any ambiance. If we want pub grub we'll go to the pub.

• Visited February 2014