“Massive potential if managed better...”

The Vine Public House
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Kinver
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Warm Welcome to The Vine Inn Carvery and Steakhouse Here at the Vine Inn, we offer a traditional Carvery and Steakhouse, good wine and fine Real Ales and a welcoming smile! Our aim is to bring you fresh, locally sourced, highest quality food from our kitchen direct to your table. Our Traditional Carvery has a choice of 3 meats and a variety of 14 fresh seasonal vegetables not forgetting our homemade Gravy and Yorkshire puddings ... Our Carvery is served 7 days a week Monday to Saturday Lunch 12pm - 3.00pm Evening 6pm - 9pm Sunday Carvery served All day 12pm - 9.00pm Our Full A La Carte Menu is available Monday to Saturday served all day from 12pm - 9pm We recommend booking your table in advance as we can be very busy!
Carlisle
“Massive potential if managed better...”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Visited The Vine with a group of 8 friends. We had hired a narrowboat & when we saw this pub we thought it looked perfect.
The pub has massive potential with a large beer garden that leads down to the canal.
We sat for a good half hour before someone took our order, but we were early did our table do put it down to that.
When the food came it was generally good, though one of the tuna steaks wasn't cooked properly, and a lasagne was missed off the order.
While we were there one of the toilets blocked and the man (waiter/owner/barman??) that had taken our order went to unblock it just as he had given us our meal. He then thought it was appropriate to wander through the restaurant with soiled gloves shouting he'd unblocked it.
The Vine has massive potential if it was managed correctly. It wouldn't really need any money spent in it due to it's fantastic location. Unfortunately it is very much a 'Fawlty Towers' experience.

5 Thank Angie W

Devon, United Kingdom
“Rib eye Steak to die for”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I dined here yesterday (Monday) My wife opted for the Cajun chicken and I went for the Rib eye steak with all of the trimmings. Both meals were served piping hot and both very generous portions. Highly recommended. 5*

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank claire w
worcester
“Relaxed family meal”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited with our 2 kids, they had a great time playing in the garden while we relaxed and enjoyed a pint of real ale. We had a sharing platter which was amazing and good value and really really tasty! Thank you

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank ellien8
Birmingham
“Very nice traditional pub and restaurant.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

So sick of these chain pubs everywhere? The vine is an excellent cure with friendly staff, real ale and great home made food. We had a fantastic mid week meal, enville ale was outstanding and steak and kinver al pie was perfection. Will be visiting again next week and can't wait.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Michaelvot123
West Midlands
“Great Location, Great Food (If&When it arrives), terrible service, great staff, terrible management”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First off I wish to state that I along with the local residents of Kinver have been routing for this place to do well and stay open, but if the current levels of apathy over the last 6-8 months continue then I can't see this happening.

I have now visited The Vine along with my wife 6 times in the last six months and on only one occasion have I come away satisfied with the levels of service provided. Let me explain.

I only ever put truthful and well thought out constructive feedback on this site as I hope others would do also, unlike those who have one bad experience and vent their fury without giving the establishment time to either explain and/or apologise and make recompense although I accept that this isn't always possible, but on this occasion I am leaving this feedback with 6 visits under my belt and feel this is the time to offer something in the way of feedback to the (absent) management.

A week ago on Saturday I was on a rare weekend off and we decided to give The Vine another chance as the weather was dry and nice enough to sit outside and take in the ambiance afforded to The Vine situated in a picturesque village alongside the Staffordshire and Worcester Canal. We ordered drinks and sat out side ordering food a mere 5 minutes later, at this time The Vine was not at all busy. Based on past experiences we decided to go with something very simple and quick to prepare as we only had two hours to spare. Two sandwiches from the staple menu were ordered along with a bowl of Belgian fries. After 45 minutes we ordered more drinks and enquired as to the whereabouts of our order, even the pleasant member of bar staff who was on his own with many other customers to serve, was embarrassed and promised to get it sorted, I will add here that another member of staff,or it could have been an assistant manager the way he was drifting around; was blissfully hanging up a picture and another member of staff was just returning from the local off licence with bottles of spirits as the bar had run out. I also then heard a waitress speak to the barman an announce that a ticket had been lost or duplicated in the kitchen I assumed this was our order as a couple who ordered about 15 minutes after us had received their food.

After another 15 minutes we were advised at the table that there was no beef for the sandwiches, enough was enough, we walked through the bar and asked to speak to the manager to be told that no-one was in, this I believed as I've stated above the majority of staff at the establishment are most polite and apologetic (I guess from ours and other diners experiences they have had much practice),we walked out hungry and annoyed as we had, despite previous poor experiences, given this place one more try at the expense of another nearby village establishment.

Until we hear otherwise we will not be attending The vine until something is sorted out with the service, like I have stated the food is of a very good standard for pub grub when and if it arrives but it is clear that lack of leadership along with cooks who do a great job when its quiet but when there is more than a few orders it goes to pot.

The establishment itself has been refurbished to a high standard and clearly a lot of money has been invested in the style and content of the place, but more needs to be done with the kitchens ability to process orders quickly and efficiently and the communications with the front of house staff also needs working on. The pub is coming up to a year of opening and as stated before we along with Kinver residents (who are quite open to air the failings thus far) are hoping for a huge turn around in basic service and good food, the rest is there or there about

I will point out again at this juncture that this is the sixth time this year we have visited and would have done so more if it weren’t for the mixed bag of service and food order errors inured up to this point.

• Visited June 2014