“'Welcoming, homely and relaxed Sunday'”
Review of The Castle Inn

The Castle Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Framlingham
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A typical English country pub on the outskirts of Framlingham & next to Framlingham Castle, serving local ales in prim condition with pub type food and country food specials all sauced locally and produced in house. Tea and coffee with cakes is available if that is your preferred choice. Be assured a warm welcome awaits you.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

First visit, selected online as being dog and child 'friendly' - genuinely so (high chair offered and gratefully accepted and apology for mess underneath afterwards met with, 'oh, don't worry, that's why we've got a wooden floor'). The spicy butternut squash soup was a winner and the roast beef and usual accompaniments, home cooking at it's best. A good selection of 'reds' to go with and the local, Southwold, brew a seriously good pint. This is an unpretentious pub to be relaxed and looked after in.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

After looking at some of the reviews for this place I am very surprised at them,, we have been here twice, with no problems at all. Food is always hot and served on time, the staff are really nice, and the last time we went it was very busy, 1pm in the afternoon, and we didn't have to wait long for our food either, and there were four people, and we even had the dog with us, it is a lovely place to eat

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stopped off at The Castle Inn on our way to Aldeburgh having been recommended it by a friend. When we arrived (mid pm on a wet November Friday) we were the only visitors. We were made to feel most welcome and we were assured that there was no issue with us ordering food. In short order a lovely Cabbage and bacon soup together with a bowl of proper home made chips was presented to us. Nice to see something other than tomato and basil which seems to be the soup on offer at every pub in Britain at the moment! Parking is next to the Pub in the English Heritage car park for the Castle (£2 - all day IF the castle is open, otherwise free). P.s - dog and child friendly.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Walked past this quaint pub on my stroll to the castle with my dog Koda. As I walked in the landlady said, "hello come in, dogs are welcome all are welcome." Food is served on a Saturday up until 3pm. I returned before 3pm and ordered a fresh baguette with ham and tomato. The food arrived promptly and the drink was brought to the table. I was able to sit down in the bar area with my dog and read my newspaper. The food was fresh, the baguette very tasty and the quantity of ham and fresh tomato was very plentiful. It was value for money and I felt the service was good. As I left, the staff said goodbye which is a nice touch and something that rarely happens when I eat out. Food in the castle is limited as there is no cafe so I would recommend a pit stop here for your afternoon snack attack. Home made cakes were also on offer alongside a wide range of flavoured teas. If what you want is not on the menu, just ask, they are very flexible.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

On our recent visit to England we stopped in here after the castle for a quick pint. They had my new favorite Aspall Cider on draft so I was content. We sat outside with our 2 year old and just snacked on chips and chicken. They were great! We were back and forth from the small pond across from them to play a bit. When I asked about buying a glass to have at home they were amazing! I was able to get a very cool Aspall goblet. I love it! One of the owners also helps out a local charity that helps chemo patients. (I think I remember that correctly.) Please donate when you stop in!!

Thanks for a lovely afternoon!