“Enjoyable”

The Common Room Cafe/Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Framlingham
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Social cafe providing high quality food at affordable prices, in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. Everything we serve is sourced as locally as possible, and is all prepared and cooked on the premises.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I visit many cafes and this today was simply great; the service was so attentive at lunch and efficient and did not miss any details others do so often. Superb menu with varied specials, all with subtle fresh cooked tastes. Very efficient too, with the added touch of a sister sledge album playing. A model for how a cafe like this should be run.

1  Thank 567Eater6969

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A great place to have the perfect breakfast. There is a menu with a great different choice but they will cook whatever is wanted ( within reason). Also a perfect stop for coffee and cake !

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I were staying in a barn just outside Framlingham and decided to look for something different for breakfast on our departure day. The Common Room was mentioned in the guest notes at the barn, so we thought a trip to town for something more interesting than the anodyne fare offered at roadside outlets would be more appropriate to start the journey home. Not immediately outstanding from the street, but fascinating once inside, almost like eating in an antique shop. There was a surprisingly varied menu for such a small place. I chose the smoked salmon/scrambled eggs, which came in a decent portion with wholemeal toast (I forgot to ask for wholemeal, so was pleased to see it was standard). My wife chose the vegetarian breakfast based on a 'real' Welsh rarebit. Service was quick, friendly and efficient. A further bonus was the excellent Americano coffee in good-sized cups. Judging by the frequency of the door bell chimes as the door opened,as well as people reading newspapers at the tables, this imaginative venture has a strong local customer base. One regret: we found the cafe at the end of our holiday, so could not return to sample the imaginative offerings on the blackboard. The old Panasonic stereo set by the counter brought back fond memories of the 70s; the muted music played through bookshelf speakers gave just the right ambiance for the decor. The location, just down from Market Hill and its parking spaces seemed just right. We'd certainly head this way should we return to Fram

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It is a tad unfair to review a cafe tht you have not eaten in,and other reviewers have raved about the food,I unfortunatly found the place and the service so poor that I left after 15 minutes of waiting to order. This is small cafe that is working the Shabby chic image but only manages the shabby. Old junk shop finds alone do not create a style,its is all just a bit old hat, It looks bit grubby even though I am sure it is not. The place is small and I think has too many tables to sit comfortably without getting banged by any movement of staff and fellow cusomers.. The staff are cheerful but seemed to have little grip and chaos is the lasting impression.
The place was not busy when I visited so no real excuse for being left in the lurch.
I will put it down to a bad day in the office by these guys,but I woud not be tempted back.
I wish this new venture well and the chefs have a good name from previous roles but I fear they are going to have to be more more service focused to all customers and up their game if they are going to build lasting customer base..

1  Thank Paul m
George B, Owner at The Common Room Cafe/Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Really sorry to hear this. Can you let me know what date/ time it was, and I'd like to offer you a freebie next time you're in town

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely hidden gem of Framlingham. Food is clearly cooked from fresh and tastes delicious. Service is good, not overly formal neither slack. Just right!

I will 100% return for another full English breakfast!