“Excellent restaurant meals”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Framlingham
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Just wanted to pass on our recommendation of two wonderful meals we enjoyed here over the jubilee weekend. Firstly, we really appreciated the bright, young and courteous staff who served us. Full marks are due for their attention and desire to please.
The first meal was a full roast pork sunday lunch with all the trimmings, superb crackling, apple sauce, selection of roasted root vegetables and a good selection of green vegetables also.
This was followed by apple crumble with custard, whilst I succombed to a mouthwatering Eton mess.
The following night we dined here again and enjoyed complementary warm bread and balsamic vinegar before main courses of succulent rabbit for my husband whilst I enjoyed an excellent spinach and broad bean risotto, after which we shared a plate of local cheeses, biscuits and chutney.
Believe me, I at least, am hard to please. I won't speak for my husband! Suffice it to say, we shall be back when next in town.
Diana and Mark, Guildford

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diana b
David C, Owner at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and very happy that the staff looked after you. We look forward to welcoming you again when you are next in the area. Many thanks. David and India.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

as i live not far from this hotel i was excited to see it change hands and had high hopes for some changes worthy of this wonderful place on my first visit after the change of hands i had to wait 20 mins to be served ... and when the breakfast finaly arrive it was... disgraceful and had to be returned ... we waited another 40 mins for another which werent much better ... teething problems i thought and stupidly returned for a 2nd visiit ... where are the staff ... once again on entering there was no one to take an order ... so we went to find someone ... was told someone would come but they did not ... waited another 15mins and still noone came ... when they did they were 1st collared by a very unhappy customer staying there that breakfast was still disgraceful and it was the 2nd morning he'd had to complain ... the waitress then turned and dissappeared god knows where ... so... we left ...
i hear they have a new chef .. well hes obviously not up to the job !!
your staff ( if you have any ) are incompetant also
you have a new reception with noone manning it
i have no experience in this area but could do a better job myself
ALWAYS have someone front of house ... we are customers keeping your business going ... but you have to serve us 1st
i very much doubt i will bother again

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jean W
framcrown, Owner at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Jean W

I feel compelled to write in response to your review above.

Firstly I am sorry that your recent experience at The Crown was neither how you nor I would want it to be. As you know my wife and I recently took over at The Crown (15th May) and have begun implementing changes that we believe The Crown needs and deserves. I am sure that you will appreciate that Rome was not built in a day.

One key area of our planned changes is the welcome extended to customers and the service provided to them - the new Reception area that has been created hints at this, but unfortunately two weeks has not been long enough to recruit all the necessary staff that a business of this size requires, but we are getting there.

Our new chef started on 29th May since when we have been very busy and have received many extremely positive reviews. I suspect that as you visited us twice before the 1st June that you may well have been here before he began.

We obviously welcome feed back however I was disappointed to see you scored us one out of five for "Sleep Quality" as I understand you were only here for breakfast.

I hope you will decide to revisit us and when you do that you will notice the changes that are taking place.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Crown is being refurbished and the new owners seem friendly and keen to make changes, however I think it is very over priced for what it is.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framlingham
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Seckford Hall
Seckford Hall
#2 of 4 in Woodbridge
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!