“Superb!”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Framlingham
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at The Crown for a Valentines weekend away and I already miss it! The location is perfect, situated on the Market Hill and a short walk from the beautiful Framlingham Castle. We booked the Four Poster Feature Room which was absolutely stunning, I never wanted to leave. It was beautifully decorated and furnished, just such a pleasure to find a hotel room that has an abundance of character. The service was second to none, everyone was extremely professional, friendly and attentive. The food was to die for as well! The only thing I will say was that it can be quite noisy at night, but having lived in a 15th century house I highly expected that, especially as it was a Saturday night. All in all, a simply marvelous stay - we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the four poster feature room, I highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaRoseB
David C, Owner at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you so much for such a glowing review, I am delighted that you had such a good stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a stay at the crown hotel, in a lovely village. We arrived to a fantastic receptionist who showed us to our room which was phenomenal, luxurious and in two levels.
We then went to the bar for a drink before a fantastic dinner (which I highly recommend). We had a fantastic night sleep and a beautiful breakfast. I have read some prior reviews and I have to say the service and friendliness of the staff was second to none. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yumtum1971

What a wonderful review thank you so much for taking the time to submit it. I am delighted that you had such a good time while you were here - that is exactly what we hope for all our guests.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Crown Hotel is situated perfectly in the small market town of Framilngham. Upon arrival, we were made to feel very welcome. Check in was simple and fast, India showed us to our room and gave us a quick run down of the hotel. The room was small, however, it is nicely decorated and most importantly very clean. There are only 14 rooms in the hotel, so room size I would not have a problem with as it is an old building that has been transformed in a quirky way you have to adore. The bar and restaurant area, again is nice and all the staff are friendly and talkative. We didn't have an evening meal, but we did have breakfast. Breakfast was good to order which was nice. We didn't realise until leaving that cereal and fruit juice was round the corner of the room which we couldn't see from out table. We were not advised of this, but then we could of asked.... Check out was again was simple. We had a small complaint in that the bathroom that evening was very cold, there was a draft from the window which caused it. There is a towell radiator but didn't warm the room enough. On telling India about it, she was extreemly grateful and immediately requested for this to be looked into. As she said, they do not stay in the rooms, so they like to know. India again, like the rest of the staff are lovely and very friendly. We are looking forward to returning in the summer, to make the most of the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonsBedfordshire

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive comments. I am really pleased that you plan to come back - we look forward to seeing you in the summer.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I like the look and location of The Crown, and come here once in a while for a drink. I wouldn't eat here again, though. The menu is interesting and seasonal, but the girls who look after the diners are untrained and very inattentive. I had to wander around the ground floor looking for my waitress more than once, and the bill was incorrectly totalled - in my favour. There was no one to mention this to, and in the end I just gave up waiting and left some money on the table.

There are always a lot of young (18ish) people here. It can be noisy and feel like the common room of the local school. Ordering a drink can sometimes be a lottery, with the barman AWOL. That said, the cosy open fires and quirky decor are a big plus. I want to like this much more, but just didn't feel welcome!

Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Crossways15
David C, Owner at The Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

I am extremely sorry that your experience here was not a positive one as we very much want for people to feel welcome and to enjoy their time at The Crown. I can assure you that our staff are not "untrained" we get a huge amount of positive feed back, as you will see,on this site as well as directly. I apologise if the service you received fell below the high standards we set ourselves.

I do think that your comment on getting a drink being a "lottery" is unfair and I would certainly disagree that there always a lot of young people here - it is true that people from all age groups enjoy coming to The Crown for which we feel extremely fortunate.

I am glad that you liked the atmosphere and I do hope that you might consider returning one day.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed in The Crown for 2 nights over the New Year celebrations. We could not fault the hotel - everything was first class, the accommodation, the food, the service and the staff were absolutely excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms are indicvidual but one member of staff said if we stayed again ask for a room at the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine072

What a fabulous review, thank you very much indeed. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to the staff. We hope to see you again. Many thanks.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at The Crown for New Year's Eve. On arrival we were greeted by David, despite the bar and restaurant being extremely busy he found us a table for lunch, we were made to feel very welcome despite arriving at a busy time. David even asked his daughter to move her car so we could park (parking is limited) but I guess when the hotel was built they were only expecting the occasional horse and carriage and not numerous cars. Our room was lovely, very clean and spacious. The plumbing had "character" but the hotel is extremely old, the food and service were fantastic. Lots of young waiting staff but all exceptional, polite efficient and friendly.
NYE dinner was fantastic although I thought the desserts a little disappointing, the steak was superb but could have done with being hotter but the taste was amazing.
We loved the hotel and will return in the summer so we can explore the local area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Champagne1958

Thank you very much for your review - I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is very much our intention to make guests feel welcome and to make sure that they have a good time when they are here so I am delighted that this was the case.It is always good to get such positive feed back on the staff and the service they provide, so thank you I will pass it on. Great that you plan to come back in the summer, we look forward to seeing you then

Reviewed 7 January 2014

just back from a short break. Very relaxing atmosphere, great food in a nice restaurant and a lively pub, all under one roof at the crown. The rooms are clean and tidy and well maintained. The new owners are clearly making an effort to make this place special. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dom T

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to review us and thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back - we look forward to seeing you then.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Framlingham
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
#2 of 4 in Woodbridge
The Westleton Crown
The Westleton Crown
#1 of 1 in Westleton

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!