“Cool”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen & bar area Kitchen area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen & bar area
Kitchen area
Living room chairs
Living room from loft.  Double futon
Living room w/double futon
Double futon in living room
Ladder to sleeping loft
King size bed in sleeping loft
View from upstairs outdoor area
View from upstairs outdoor area
Exterior of house a/c unit
Off street parking in garage will fit a full size SUV
Garage w/laundry room
Stairs to upstairs outdoor living area
Stairs to back of house
Outdoor living area upstairs
grill in outdoor area upstairs
Upstairs bathroom with hot water shower
Solar water heater
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dominica
“Cool”
Reviewed 28 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Perfect location,next to layou river,this beach house with air con & wifi gave all the comforts of home & all round views .
Perfectly placed in the middle of the island ,
Also gave great insight to island local life,if you need anything just ask there's always someone who can help .
If on a short break 1-2weeks a car is a must ,you don't want to miss anything,you'll be stopping for pics everywhere
The owner Patricia Rendell (patty) is a sweetie who just shares her love of dominica

Liked best: Wifi air con
Liked least: Sand was to hot
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
JVR155019
Toronto, Canada
“The Beach House”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

We have rated the beach house a 5. But for some the ladder to the sleeping loft might render the house not the best choice. I am a fit senior who, personally, had no problems with it. This is a great place to stay for most everyone, because of the beach location, the gorgeous sunsets, the village neighbors (especially Mary and clam, who have a store and take out restaurant next-door - when we didn't feel like cooking or going out to eat, they provided us delicious chicken and fish and provided us with most of the provisions we needed.) The Beach House is two floors. The main floor has the main kitchen, Coach chairs WC and sleeping loft. The second floor covered Terrace, open on two sides, windows with screens on the third, has two hammocks, a BBQ and hot tub. From here in our rental car we travel to almost the whole of the island, over several days. You will probably need a car. We recommend Valley car rentals and thank Merle & Miguel for their great service. Miguel picked us up and delivered us to the ferry. we had a problem with the car's AC. Miguel brought a replacement vehicle to our door. Thanks go to our host, Patti, who is gracious, knowledgable and very helpful for all of our needs and concerns. She supplied a local mobile phone which came in very handy. We highly recommend this location

Katie616
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unforgettable Stay at The Beach House”
Reviewed 28 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Patti was a great host, so friendly and warm and definitely made us feel right at home in Layou. The village is great, people are very friendly and the food is delicious. Loved the Beach House, it had everything we needed and sunsets on the top deck were amazing. I would wholeheartedly recommend Patti's place to anyone looking to explore Dominica because it's perfectly situated in close proximity to a lot of great hikes, waterfalls, beaches and towns. If I return I'd stay there again in a second. Thanks again for your hospitality!

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Wish I could have stayed longer
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Neil S
Komoka, Canada
“Experiance the true culture of the village of Layou, with first world amenities.”
Reviewed 31 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Patti met us at the Beach House and introduced us to the local surroundings and neighbours. This was much appreciated. The Beach house is right in the middle of the busy village of Layou, which although noisy at times, tends to become quiet around 9pm each night (even the small bar next door was quiet by 9pm). Cleanliness and amenities were good and we appreciated the little 'variety' store, bar and eating 'kitchenettes' we had as neighbours. We spent the majority of time, when we were at the Beach House, on the upper covered porch, which offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the surrounding area, including the quiet secluded beach with it's amazing sunsets and rainbows. However, what impressed us most was how welcoming the people of Dominica were. They are extremely friendly and offer help every chance that they get, without any expectations in return and if you do tip them, they are extremely thankful. If you are looking to be pampered and waited upon, the Beach House is not for you. If you want to experience what it is like to live in a third world village complete with the people, noises and smells associated with their laidback lifestyle, with first world amenities at your fingertips (in the Beach House), Layou and the Beach House, is the perfect destination.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The setting in the village of Layou
Liked least: The roosters, which crowed all the time and the burning of garbage
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
Buddles1
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
“Fortunate enought to spend some time at the Beach House”
Reviewed 10 November 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

I was blessed with two glorious weeks in Dominica, staying mostly at the owners other place, Villa Verde. I can't promise you that the owners will be in Dominica during your stay (nor likely would they, as they love to travel), but, if they are, count yourself blessed - they know and love Dominica just as much (if not more than) as a native! I literally probably saw more of the Island than some people who are natives. What I feel comfortable promising you, is if the owners aren't there, that their neighbor Scott is one of the kindest people I've met and will go above and beyond to fill the owners' shoes - at the Beach House, the day I was there, there were many other neighbors willing to help, offer advise or just say hello! I The owners made great use of a small building area, and, while you'll be comfortable on the inside, just as with their other property, the balcony is really where it is at... beautiful views (where you will encounter hummingbirds, sunsets, rainbows, calming and relaxing breezes) and hammocks - just the perfect place to nap, eat, read, chat, and relax (perhaps with enjoying a Kabuli or two) after fun filled days exploring all that Dominica has to offer. This property, unlike Villa Verde, is "on" the beach... and it is another beautiful one... I walked to the next little town (the name escapes me), never passing a soul, to visit a Catholic church, and walked back, again, never passing a soul - so peaceful! What I loved about Layou (and what the owners diligently researched) again, is its general location on the island - it seems to be the perfect mid-way point (not far at all from the owners' other home Villa Verde). Personally I love to experience where "locals" live anywhere I travel, which you will get to experience in Layou (never will you pass a person that doesn't offer a friendly wave) - but, getting to all the other places that are to do's on the island is convenient. You have the ability to cook at the Beach House (not something I did - was too busy exploring), but, there are great options for dining just short drives away (I reviewed each restaurant I visited during my stay - if it was on TripAdvisor - not all are - so peruse those for input during your stay). In closing, as I said, I was fortunate enough to be in Dominica for two weeks (during Carnival - which I can't recommend enough - so, if you can, plan accordingly), and, I could go on for paragraphs about all that I did; however, there will be things to do (in some cases repeat) on my next visit, so, I trust, if your group size is the right fit for the Beach House (large groups will be better suited at Villa Verde) you'll find doing the things you choose using the Beach House as a base will be most pleasant!

Travelling group: Solo
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Deck space with stove, hammocks, Jacuzzi & picturesque view.
Liked least: Leaving.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Patti R
Phoenix, Arizona
“The Beach House”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Great value and use of a small area. The neighborhood is wonderful. Everything you need. House is truly on beach. Love hammocks and cooking area upstairs. The view is beautiful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;