We stayed in the Moonlight Apartment, I would recommend an upper unit if you can get it. The one lower is still nice, just limited ocean views. The unit was very spacious and spotlessly clean. The sunsets and views from our balcony couldn't get much better, which is where we spent most of our time. Locked gates at night and the units themselves seemed very secure, although the area in general seemed very safe and I would have felt fine leaving the doors unlocked frankly.
The kitchens are outfitted with plenty of misc utensils/pans/pots. The beds (King sized) were very comfortable and the AC in the bedrooms worked well. The area was very quiet, I never once heard anything while trying to sleep. Hummingbirds frequent the grounds that are very well manicured. It is a steep, 2 minute hike down to the beach, but nothing I really minded, and if you have a car you can easily drive. The beach at Mero has several very nice swimming areas, 90% of the time it was almost deserted. The only time I saw any semblance of a crowd was during the several hours in the afternoon when a cruise ship was in. Several small cafe's or restaraunts nearby, and there is a store in Mero which provides the basics....and good ice cream.
An easy 20 minute drive to Roseau, or 30 to Portsmouth. We rented a car which made it easy to get around the island and obtain supplies, driving is a bit "white knuckled" but nothing that isn't overcome with a confident and aggressive driver, which we had.
Only downside...their website says they have a converter for power, they do not. What they meant was they have a converter from Dominicia 2 prong plugs to European 3 prong, but it's still 220, so make sure you bring a converter from home if you're American as it was quite the ordeal to find one on the island. If you find yourself looking we finally found one at James Store in Picard directly across from Ross University.
Internet was kind of spotty, but that's an island problem, not the Sea Views. When we needed towels or anything they were very good about providing them, they also gave us a lot of tips on things to see and do without getting caught up in the "tourist" atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this place, great value, great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you desire a holiday destination that offers superior accommodation on the Island of Dominica, stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing luxury and relaxation for your holiday combined with an authentic Dominican experience. We are situated on the west coast a few minutes walk from the popular Mero Beach and a short drive from Roseau. Pure luxury, pure relaxation, pure Dominica is your expectation for your holiday. It is our aim to ensure you are not disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments Hotel Roseau
- Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments Dominica/Mero