“Fantastic”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

A treat! Chef Denys took time to come to our table. He speaks English and was a chef in the states for several years.

Patricia was our server. She spoke good English and helped us decipher the menu.

We had the euro 31.00 fixed price three course meal. This included appetizer, entree, and dessert. Several of each to choose from. Everything we had was delicious.

Only a 10-12 minute walk from Marriott Courtyard Columbes.

There are newer reviews for Le Saint-Joseph

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I wish I could give this place 5 stars - service was fantastic, athmosphere was great, and overall it felt like the right place to eat. Unfortunately, there was something in the food that simply was not exactly to my liking. I can't say it was not good - everything tasted rather good, but after eating in excellent and relatively-cheap French restaurants on the previous nights of my visit to Paris - at Le Saint Joseph I paid much more for food that just wasn't that special. It felt more like good french-style home-cooking (or bistro-style cooking) rather than a superb restaurant meal (and for a 30-Euro meal well outside the city, after reading the reviews here I did expect it to be superb). Still the food definitely deserves 3-4 stars and everything else is with no doubt 5-star level. Or maybe I just picked the wrong items from the menu ?

Reviewed 30 August 2013

You need to reserve here, but it is worthwhile doing so as the limited menu is swiftly and efficiently served and cooking is of a high standard. Hardly a tourist to be found as it is clearly a local favourite.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Great food. I'm a local and this restaurant is a favorite around here if you want real quality French food.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I visited "Le Saint-Joseph" by chance with my girlfriend and it completely changed our impression of french restaurants gained in one week: The staff is very friendly and helpful, speaks english fluently and gives very good recommendations and the atmosphere is pleasantly informal, almost familial. The food is exceptional and pricing is very fair, especially for Paris. When we were there we mainly noticed two facts:
- The restaurant fills rapidly after opening
- The vast majority of visitors are french living in the area.
These are strong indicators for food quality and fair pricing, and as already said I share this opinion.
I am sure that you can find good french food in several places in Paris, but for us this was the only recommendable restaurant in one week of eating out. I recommend to have a glance at the opening hours and consider a reservation if interested.

Bottom line: based on our limited experience the only restaurant in Paris we can recommend to friends