“Very good sleep”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Monterrey Aeropuerto
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Apodaca
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel. Good think is the quality of the bed and the wide choice of pillows, in order to really enjoy your rest. Swimming pool is poor, very small, impossible to swim. Breakfast is expensive (around 15USD) but very impressive in term of quality and quantity.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alessio315
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Monterrey Aeropuerto

Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is a great hotel if you're traveling on business. Just know that the air conditioner will not be turned on when you go into your room. You will need your key to turn it on. If you can get two keys, you can leave one in your room to keep the air on so it won't go off during the day. Once you take your card out and take it with you, then the air conditioner will go off. The bar is very nice. If you get a room on the front side by the road, you will have some road noise, but if you can get one on the back side of the building, it is very quiet.
Very close to the airport. I will be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank travlrgrl01
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The check-in was fast and smooth. The Sauna was one of the best I have used. The pool was clean but not heated and is located right next to the bar.

The thermostat in our room was hard to understand, we never figured it out. The beds were very hard. and the water in the bath never got very hot.

If you are traveling on route 85 to Larado, this is only about 10 mins off the route.

The morning breakfast is very expensive, so we ate at Carl´s Jr, which is right around the block.

We had enough Priority Points to cover the cost of the room, otherwise I would pick a regular Holiday Inn for less money and free breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pilgrim45900
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Pilgrim45900,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and for taking the time to leave a review of our Crowne Plaza Hotel Monterrey Aeropuerto, Mexico. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and services of our hotel. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza Aeropuerto and I was extremely pleased with my stay. It is literally five minutes by shuttle from the airport and the hotel is modern, clean and comfortable. It is also near the industrial section of the city, so is VERY convenient for visiting suppliers or clients.
My check in experience was very smooth and the attendant, who was polite and professional processed things quickly. My room was on an upper floor and afforded a view of the area (which honestly isn't all that much to look at). The room was impeccably clean and was very well-lit. The bed was roomy and was very comfortable. There were several pillows on the bed which ranged from extra-soft to firm which allowed me to choose one that was just right for me. The desk and business chair were greatt. The room was equipped with wireless internet and I did not lose connectivity throughout my entire stay.
I was probably most pleased with the roomy bathroom. The shower was large and I had no issues with water pressure nor with temperature. There were also plenty of towels which were soft and both looked and smelled clean.
I enjoyed two meals in the restaurant in the hotel lobby. The food was well-prepared. the fruit and juices were fresh and tasty. The price of the meal was a little bit higher than your average restaurant in Monterrey, but it was convenient and the service was prompt.
The shuttle picked me up from the airport after about a five minute wait. I was very impressed by that. The shuttle makes trips to the airport every half hour. Just make sure you let the bellman know that you arewaiting for it.
I would not hesitate to stay here again, nor would I hesitate to recommend it to others. While it may not be the ultimate in luxury, it is extremely comfortable and the location makes it a great place to stay for business.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Cargotraveler
Reviewed 6 May 2012

A very good choice if you want to stay close to the airport... Rooms and restrooms are very clean, beads and pillows are comfortable, nice service at frontdesk, very quiet and nice stay!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Fevigo
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I would love to say I liked this hotel, but I can't. I probably won't stay here again, but will try another property down the street instead when I return to Monterrey, Visually the property is nice, and the service is quite good, but the lack of hot water in the bathroom is inexcusable. A business hotel needs to get the basics right, and hot water for showering and shaving is a basic. Lukewarm is not acceptable, period. This seems to be a trend at some of the IC properties, and it is one that they need to re-think.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Monterrey Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear FullThrottle64,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This one was a bit nicer than the holiday inn express next door. They don't offer the free buffet over here but the restaurant had a good breakfast though it was a bit on the pricey side.

The bar was nice. The pool however I can't see how anyone would use it.....it is right next to the bar with windows looking out to it, so there is really no privacy at all if you wanted to take a swim.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business