“It's just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Apodaca
Brownsville, Texas
“It's just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Premier must mean something else in Mexico.
Ladies at the front desk seemed bored and confused.. need a bit more training.
Restaurant seemed average for a Best Western, but there are restaurants with great Mexican food within a few minutes walk.
Didn't get into the pool, but went to see it. Very small.. more of an afterthought.
A/C in room was right by bed. Woke up with a sore throat.
It's an average hotel.. not great or terrible.
Just expected a little more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marco956

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a reservation for 2 nights at this brand new hotel (only 8 months old). I asked for a king size bed and receptionist confirmed I had one assigned. For my surprise it was a double bed, so after 24hs without sleeping I had to lose another 10 minutes for a room change. When I arrived to my room it was on the 6th floor (last floor) so it was a complete oven (over 30 degrees). After trying to calm down I asked for room service. After 30 minutes my simple sandwich arrives but for my 2nd surprise I realized that fries and sandwich had salt included (I cant imagine what could happen to a guy that cant eat with salt). I asked immediately for some mayonnaise but for my 3rd surprise, the server didnt return. At that moment after 2 hours I was disappointing with the lack of service of the hotel. I can't even mention wifi service. It was awful, with frecuent shut down every 3 minutes (forget to use VPN or Skype). A nightmare. I asked reception for help, but nothing happened.
DAY 2: I woke up and tried to have a shower. For my surprise there weren't hot water. I asked reception for a solution and they promised a technician immediately in my room. I waited for 15 minutes and the guy never appeared. As I was hurry to catch a meeting I had a shower with cold water (you can imagine how happy I was). When I return to the hotel I needed to use internet again, but same problems as day 1.
I was so upset that after 3 attempts I could have a conversation with the hotel manager, a lady called Silvia. Basically I explained that both hotel facilities and service were terrible and her reply was only that they were sorry but they couldn't do anything. Not a compensation, free night, room upgrade, nothing. The worst part is that this lady told me that probably this is not a suitable hotel for me. probably because I'm asking for premium services like hot water, decent internet connection and a decent service. INSANE.

Regarding hotel installations, rooms have a good size and facilities for business travelers (iron, comfortable bed, frigobar, desk)

Location is very close to the airport and surrounded by other hotels.

SUGGESTION: choose whichever hotel in the same location!!. Avoid this one because if you suffer any inconvenience, you wont be helped by any responsible person from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Leandro M
Washington D.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

The worst thing that can happen when you arrive at your hotel is for them not to have a room for you, even though you have a confirmation number and left a credit card guarantee. That's what happened to me tonight, and since supposedly there's no manager on duty, they gave me a number to a Lic. Silvia Hdz to solve the problem... And that number is disconnected. At least the lady at the front desk, Miriam Guerrero, seems to be enjoying my misfortune.
There seems to be some event close by and all the hotels are booked.
NEVER will I even consider staying here again.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank sammy9876
Culiacan, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was inaugurated on 2013 so everything is new. Rooms are big. Beds are very comfortable and we only paid
99 dollars for the night and breakfast was included. Big tv in the rooms as well. They'll pick up and drop you off on the airport

• Stayed September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Best Western Premier has been around for about 2 months and it is a very nice hotel. Not the Best Western you would expect in the states, this one has waterfall shower heads, robe and slippers, and high-end toiletries. Just watch your statement at the end.

Warning: When you check out, ask for the statement before they take your credit card. Review it. Correct it. Then pay your bill. My statement had the wrong person's name on it (another person in my traveling group) which I was able to correct. And it had two charges on it that I did not make that were charged by another member of my party. They have some issues.

But let me get back to the hotel itself.

When you walk in, there is a waterfall in the lobby (very refreshing) and the personnel at check in are very nice. There is a sitting area with TVs, a business center with two computers, a bar, and a restaurant (open for free breakfast, and paid dinner). They are all very nice.

The fitness center is small. Very small. The equipment includes a universal weight machine, a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a stationary bike. They were not that great -- the elliptical machine was really bad -- but they replaced them while we were there and they worked well. It is HOT in that fitness room. Very hot. I would recommend some air conditioning.

The pool is more of a soaking pool. It is little. It is pretty, but was closed part of the time we were there. It is in a really small outside area in back of the hotel, but would be nice seating if it were cooler outside.

The rooms were beautiful. They have a microwave, minibar, minifridge, sitting area, desk, bed, and a really nice bathroom. The environmental controls are great and kept things cool.

One thing to remember is that to get hot water, you have to turn the shower control opposite of the way it says on the handle. I showered in cold water for 2 days before I figured it out.

The hotel is within walking distance of En Papalotte (a really nice Mexican restaurant with a large menu), and Il Castello (a really great Italian restaurant).

I would stay here again, but I would take a look at the statement on a regular basis while I am there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MilwaukeeCol
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

The hotel is brand new, rooms are modern-style decorared and very classy.

The hotel offers free shuttle to the airport located a couple miles away, free Wi-Fi, pool, gym, parking, breakfast buffet etc.

I wish I would stayed more than a night, slept like a baby, great value comfortable

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank gonzalo I
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I was in a business trip and wasn't too happy about the selection the company picked, but when I got there my experienced was really good. This is not your regular best western like in the US. This is a really nice, high quality hotel. Very nice staff, most of the staff is bilingual, great customer service. The breakfast buffet is excellent and the food at the restaurant is delicious. The only down side is the location, you don't have anything around so you don't have a lot of restaurants or stores, actually I think only a 711 down the street.
We had a few conferences and the meeting room was nice, they staff were on top of all the requests. BTW the swimming pool is outdoor and is really nice.

Room Tip: ask for a view towards the street, or the pool otherwise you will be looking at a wall.