“Good value for short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN County House Of Brussels

BEST WESTERN County House Of Brussels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uccle
Herts
“Good value for short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights taking daughter to Brussels for year studying and hotel is close to her flat. Decor a little in the seventies and gloomy. However, all staff very friendly and efficient if businesslike. Location good if you do not want to pay city centre prices. Trams outside go direct to city very quickly. Or take bus for smooth ride. Uccles is a pleasant area. Breakfast ample and good quality with no fussing. Tea tray in hall arrangement a bit silly. No reason why should not be in each room. We ate bar snacks which were substantial and very good. Visitors seemed a decent mix of business and tourist. We would use again to visit daughter but might pay bit (lot) more in the city centre if doing the tourist trail again.

Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights to break up a trip to Germany and to take in a day sightseeing in Brussells. Delays with our ferry and road works meant that we did not arrive at the hotel until 7.30 p.m. By that time the hotel car park was fully booked and we struggled to find a space in the nearby road (had to drive round a few times looking for somewhere to park and had to wait for somebody else to drive away). Evening reception staff were not very helpful. The first night there was a lot of noise from a party of teenagers occupying two or three of the nearby rooms and partying on their adjoining balcony. Our room and the bathroom were clean but small and a little dated. Daytime reception staff were much more friendly and helpful, happy to supply travel info. We were able to pick up a tram from the stop on the road by the hotel to travel into the main part of Brussells. Breakfast was very good with a decent selection of hot and cold foods. We ordered a cooked meal in the bar on the second night - the food was very good and arrived promptly. Although a sign in the room said tea and coffee were available on the landing there were no refreshments there throughout our stay. I am not sure of the cost of the room with breakfast as this was booked with our travel agent as part of a "tailor made" travel package. I think this is a basic "no frills" hotel, adequate for a business stopover but not as good as we would like when on holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jmal01, Manager at BEST WESTERN County House Of Brussels, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Karen H,

Thank you for staying in the Best Westen County House Hotel.
We learned from your comments and will try to do better next time.

Kind regards

Johan MEIRE
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by the organisers of the meeting I was attending at the Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium (RMI). The hotel was less than 20 minute's walk from the meeting, through a lovely area. I paid 220 Euros for three nights, for a double bedroom with breakfast included. I suspect cheaper accommodation would not be hard to find, but I was very pleased with the quality of the hotel.

The staff were helpful and friendly, and had excellent English. The room was adequate in size, very clean and comfortable. The decor and furniture were a little dated but I didn't mind that. The bathroom was very small, but there was a bath and shower, a toilet, and a sink, so really there was no wasted space. I had a double room to myself but I wondered whether a larger person, or two people sharing might find it more awkward. That said, the bathroom was spotless and looked as though it had been recently refurbished. The shower was excellent, and there was always hot water available.

Kettles, disposable cups and tea and coffee were available on a table on the landing for use in the bedrooms. Soaps, shampoo, shower gel and towels were all provided in the bathroom. A hair dryer was also provided.

The breakfast was a little more limited than I expected (specifically because I can't eat food containing gluten, but that's a common problem with continental breakfasts), but was good, and I found something I enjoyed eating each morning. There were cheeses and meats, sometimes chopped tomatoes and sliced cucumber, bread rolls, scrambled eggs with ham and sometimes mushrooms, sausages, bacon, cereals, milk, fruit and yoghurt, tea, coffee herbal teas, orange juice, grapefruit juice and multivitamin juice. Breakfast was served from 06:30 to 10:00 (as far as I remember) which offered a lot of flexibility, and I noticed in the welcome documents that they could arrange for rolls and coffee to be available to anyone who had to leave any earlier than that.

There was a restaurant in the hotel, but I didn't eat there because the organisers of the meeting had booked us in to a nearby restaurant.

Free wifi was available. The login details were available at the reception desk on request.

There was quite a bit of noise on my landing on the first night, from a group of people having a good time, and I was also aware of the noise of the trams which run very close to the hotel, but I suspect that if you had a room away from the front of the hotel, this wouldn't be a problem. There was a balcony that looked over the 'square' at the front of the hotel, which was shared with the next door room. It was pleasant to sit out and read in the evening. The door onto the balcony had a bolt at the bottom that enabled the door to be left slightly open at night, but still be secure. This was a blessing because the weather was warm, and sleeping was easier with a bit of outside air coming in, though the noise from the street obviously increased.

Transport to and from the city was easy: the number 4 tram ran directly from the Gare du Midi to the tram stop outside the hotel (Heros, in French, or Helden, in Flemish).

The park opposite the hotel is lovely (Parc de Wolvendael), with mature trees, open spaces, secluded paths, a play park and lots of benches. There is an historic sunken lane next to the park which might be worth a walk.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front of the hotel where the trams run might be a little quieter than ones at th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank HBunyan
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

The rooms are small but at €80 for a couple including a very good breakfast I think it is great value. The room was clean and bathroom spotless and fully functional. I did not have a computer and might have made it 5 stars if the one in the lobby had been working. It is in a quiet area some way from the centre but there are tram and bus stops outside so it would work for a tourist. I just had one night visiting friends nearby but was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Motorists: They charge for parking but try side streets first (unless it is raining or you have lots...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PKB125
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed for only 1 night at the hotel and I found the rooms to be small but comfortable. The bathroom was clean but very small and compact.The best part of the room was the balcony with a great view of the park. The staff were efficient and parking was not a problem. They should do an upgrade on the bed cover, although the bed was quite comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank toriper
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is an absolute joke, I booked in the best western for a two night stay. When I arrived and checked in I found my room was very disappointing . The curtains were filthy, the room itself very run down I didn't even want to take my shoes off and walk on the carpet on a whole I was very upset. I went straight down to reception and asked weather there was a better room I could stay in, the receptionist said all the rooms were of the same standard. I said I wasn't happy to stay there so she recommended another hotel the Nala which was a 20minute walk away. I decided I would try to get a room there. I asked the receptionist several times if I was going to get charged by best western (even though I had been in the hotel 10mins!!) she repeatedly told me I wouldn't so I left. On returning back to the uk two days later my card was charged for the 2 night stay! I have been sent on mission impossible trying to get my money back ringing customer service in America!! Who have then spoken to general manager who apparently said his receptionist was under the impression I didn't like the location of hotel total rubbish considering I booked it cause the location being 5 minutes from where I was having surgery. I feel totally let down by Best Western and will never be booking with them again. £140 for the privilidge of being in a disgusting hotel for 10mins, loads of stress, having to try and get a refund from a disgustingly rude general manager who wouldn't know customer service if it came and bit him on the bum. Thanks Best Western County House Brussels

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Katie W

Travellers are raving about these Uccle hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uccle
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
#2 of 6 in Anderlecht
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to BEST WESTERN County House Of Brussels? Share your experiences!