“Our favorite Belgian restaurant!!!! ”

Le Chou de Bruxelles
Ranked #1 of 183 Restaurants in Ixelles
Price range: US$22 - US$38
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 20years our restaurant have the pleasure to serve you a local cooking in a "belgo-belge" decoration, our specialty, the mussels, prepared in more then 30 kinds, built our reputation and well outside our borders. In good weather, a beautiful garden will welcome you.Special in Brussels, you can compose yourself your Menu "à la carte" for 29€: starter, main course and dessert to choose in the menu.
brussels
“Our favorite Belgian restaurant!!!! ”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for 11 years. The food is excellent. The owner is very kind and friendly. We live in the USA and travel to Europe almost every summer. Whenever we pass thru Belgium, we make a trip Le Chou de Bruxelles. Well worth the effort !!! I wish the owner would open a restaurant in Boston (where I live).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had a great time at Le Chou, their Mussels are really good! The interior is really cosy and it's a good place for a group as well. Plus it's in a nice neighbourhood.

• Visited June 2014
London
“The perfect Belgian Experience!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

If it's authenticity you're after, then look no further! Small and quite intimate with friendly, informal service, this paper-tablecloth establishment produces good value, hearty Belgian food as you would hope for. Prices are reasonable - 21 Euro for a massive bowl of mussels ( of which there are some 20+ variations) with most starters around 9 or 10 Euro. Awesome frites too! Small and well priced wine list with a few decent beers to boot. You simply can't go wrong here!

• Visited July 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“I took tripadvisors advice”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

When you don't know were to eat, use tripadvisor. I do this often to find good places to eat. So off I went to Le Chou, on recommendation (also not far from my hotel) Thanks all those that wrote reviews on this place !

I had a billy no mate table for one, out the back in a tiny patio in the sun. I had some nice beer and had to go for the moules, there were 32 types !!!

I had the fixed menu at 29 Euro, salmon, moules and creme caramel, fantastic value. I had the Ardennes moules, they were amazing and a huge huge portion. I planned to go back the next night !

The place slowly filled up with local, which showed how good this place to eat.

Throughly enjoyed the food and experience.

• Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful meal. Wonderful ambience. Wonderful staff who invited us to join them in watching the Belgium-USA quarter final match.

Visited July 2014