“fresh” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sushi Shop
Ranked #145 of 176 Restaurants in Ixelles
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

good quality for fast food - fresh and well presented - a good selection of dishes other than sushi and my kids loved it -
ambiance to eat in is nice too

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Kuurne, Belgium
“nice food, not such a nice service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

I was in a real mood for sushi, and after a nice visit in the Magritte museum we looked for a place to eat. The place is suppose to be open till 14.30 for lunchtime service. We ordered our sushi and I added a miso soup. We were looking for a place to sit, it was full with 2 empty tables, but both of them were dirty and full with boxes from the previous clients. We sat for a while to wait but no one came to clean the table. Normally it's a place were you should clean your own stuff before you go, but the diners didn't do it, not the stuff, so we had to do their job.

The food came in quickly, it was very tasty and fresh, beside the soup which was tasteless.
I wanted to reorder because I was still hungry, but on 14:00 the stuff cleared already all the ingredients from their working table so I couldn't order anything even though there was still half an hour to the lunch service.
All at all- for a take away- this can be a very nice place. For seating in- I would recommend to find another place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, The Netherlands
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Sushi at it's best. We ordered a mixed box which was excellent.
The waiter was not on the ball but the food quality compensated most of it.

• Visited January 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Disappointing and poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Upon arriving at the sushishop at Sablon, initial thoughts were the interior was pleasant with a very nice menu, however things quickly went downhill. The waitress got a number of items on our order wrong, the soup arrived with a plastic spoon, I ordered a tea that came in a paper nespresso cup, small things like that which gave a bad impression.
The sushi itself was very good but there are definite areas for improvement.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Athens, Greece
“Very bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I ordered a couple of times and it was ok because i just ordered the most expensive combined plateau on the menu that comes in a nice box.

One time i was with a friend but we didnt feel like eating 57 pieces so we ordered other 2 combinations and a cake.
The order came very very late, by the time it came my driver was waiting for me to go to the airport.

The delivery boy didnt come to the door, he called me from outside, for me to go down, in the rain. He wasn't even at the door, he was in the middle of the street.
The delivery boy didnt have change. He send ME to change the 50E bill. I tried to change in a shop but there was a huge line of 6 people in front of me and i was late for the airport... so i had to give a 10E tip. He didnt even speak english, didnt even thanked me.

I went back inside and when i looked in the bag... no desert, no sticks, no soia sos!!!!! 4 of the rolls were completely squashed, all the ingredients mixed together, the boxes were not even closed properly with a sticker.
The tuna had a strange color, a bit too purple, looked old.

This experience was a total turn off, i hate when im being robbed and although the sushi is not that bad i will never order again.

• Visited October 2012