“Excellent”
Review of Le Fruit Defendu

Le Fruit Defendu
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Fruit Defendu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in Ixelles
Price range: US$35 - US$85
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was taken here by friends -- a married couple -- that live in the neighborhood and come here often. They are well-traveled and have excellent taste, so the fact that they brought me here on my one night with them says something. The food was indeed excellent, as were the service and the décor.

There are newer reviews for Le Fruit Defendu

Reviewed 28 January 2014

A friend and I ate at Le Fruit Defendu during a recent visit to Brussels. The menu is varied, produce very fresh and main courses served with a good selection of vegetables. Our waiter explained each dish in detail and there was an interesting - if expensive - wine list. However, it was too crowded, the tables were far too close together, making it very noisy and difficult to carry on a conversation. I also felt very rushed with the next course being delivered almost as soon as the previous plates had been cleared. Although a fan of hot serving plates, our fish main courses were delivered on such hot plates that the sauces were bubbling (and the waiter warned us about this as he put the plates in front of us) so by the time the food could be eaten without burning our mouths the fish was very overcooked. I had wanted to try this restaurant for some time but was very disappointed – it certainly was not a relaxing, gastronomic experience I was expecting.

3  Thank Deborah W
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were planning to go there already few times and finally we managed to make it happen in our agenda. "Le plat du jour" was exellente, the taste of the vegetables, meat and sauce were very good, you did not miss any flavor. The dessert was also very special!! I said to my friend that I would try to make it at home " tarte au figes" !
Certainly a place to visit, the service and the decor is very nice and charming.
If you are looking for a seasonal French cuisine in Ixelles you should not miss this place.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This restaurant was rcommended by a business partner/friend ... so we invited him and his friend to this place (to make sure he didn't fool me ;) ...).
This restaurant is an absolute "to cherish" adress, a small but ever so pretty and cosy restaurant with excellent and tasty food, great suggestions, staff paying attention to every customer ... Great wines and perfect service. An absolute must visit ...

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Excellent food and service (kind and quick), pretty and cozy restaurant (dinner by candle light), we had raviole de homard, home made foie gras, pigeon, tarte tatin, crumble aux mirabelles, 2 glasses of champagne for 124 euros. We were very happy