Made in Louise
  • Pool
US$170
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,158 results
All reviewsboutique hotelherbal teapool roomquiet streetlovely hotelgreat boutiquetop floortram stopexcellent breakfastsmall hotellounge areawould highly recommend this hotelhome away from homeminute walkbelgian wafflesexecutive roomyogurt
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This hotel is of very high quality, especially considering its price. My room was large, comfortable and stylish. Also the common areas are cosy and practical. What really made a difference for my stay was the great opportunity to enjoy a nice meal from a nearby Italian restaurant in the comfortable lobby of the hotel. I could, of course, have went to any of the restaurants of this lively area, but sometimes, especially when you travel alone, it's nice to have this easy option as well.

The location of the hotel is good unless you want to stay, for example, right in the middle of the European area. I, however, found the 25 minute walk from the hotel to the European parliament just a nice way to start my day. And the lively, mostly residential area of the hotel is, for me, one of the nicest in the whole city.

3  Thank PR_Helsinki
MDucha, General Manager at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear sir,
Thank you very much for your comments. It is always good to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We are working with several restaurants nearby to offer different cuisine to our guests, so no need to move, you can just relax near the open fire and we will bring you your ordered dish.
We hope to see you soon, I'll make sure to share this comment with the Made in Louise team and our neighbor, the Italian chef!
Best regards,
Martin

Reviewed 14 February 2013

On the basis of pretty good reviews I booked a room at Made in Louise. Indeed it is a friendly place with nice, and helpful personnel. Located in a quiet area near av Louise, with an affordable parking faciltiy nearby. My room was brand new, spacious and clean, beds were excellent. Also, breakfast is well done, even if one could call it basic.
However, what is still missing a bit is customer insight, that is understanding what a client would expect. In my case, as a business traveler, I'd like to have a big working desk for paperwork and one or two laptops, ipads, good lighting, etc. Instead in my big " exec room", I found myself working at a 40x80 cm little desk. The room did have a sitting area with a table, but there was no lighting enough for reading. No minibar, no cup or glass whatsoever inthe room. No practical cupboard for putting in your stuff, and I could go on. Would be great if this potentially wonderful hotel would "test" their rooms and adjust to expectations. Including training staff not only politely saying 'yes' to customers' questions in english.

2  Thank Eric W
MDucha, General Manager at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear dutch-and-tall,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Such comments help us to continually improve our services!

Business travelers are very important to us and we are exerting every effort to ensure that they have access to the best working environment in our hotel.

Our Executive rooms are slightly different in the main house due of the configuration of the building, so it would be useful to know in which room you stayed in order to identify what we can do to meet your expectations.

We do not have a minibar in our rooms as we wanted to keep the concept simple (the hotel is 3*), but we have created the Made in Market where you can find a large range of snacks and drinks. You can also order beverages which we will bring to your room.

We are in the process of finishing our "Comfort" rooms that are fully business-oriented, so you may wish to try them during a next stay.

I really hope that I will have the chance to meet you during your next stay in Brussels. Please contact me directly and I will make sure you are accommodated in an Executive room that better suits your needs!

Best regards,

Martin Duchateau

Reviewed 13 February 2013

My room was on the top floor and was spacious, with a huge bathroom and a brilliant shower. The staff were really pleasant and helpful and the breakfast is substantial and varied, and of very good quality. The location is on a quiet street very close to Louizalaan and the Boulevard de Charleroi, with lots of good restaurants nearby. If I were to go back to Brussels, I'd stay here.

1  Thank gecko4
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood just off Louise, and thus with good connections to the city centre. The hotel has just been refurbished in a quite cosy style. The lobby has a fireplace which was very nice during these cold days. You can park your car if you reserve one of their 2 parking places. Very friendly service.
The breakfastroom is very bright, and offers a limited but very high quality breakfast (we just loves the broad selection of breads). The also have beer specials in the lobby. We paid just 68 euro/night during the weekend for the smallest room, and this was just brilliant value for money. If I had paid 120, I would still have been satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donstefano
Reviewed 11 February 2013

A comfy stay. Single room with a double bed. Small but fine for the single guest.
Clean and modern. Good bathroom toiletries. Good location.
Breakfast limited for vegetarians.
Really let down by hotel lift. Very similar to the old 70's tower block lifts. Very strange.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It's really good to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the lift, we hope that you will come back next month to see the new design. It will be completely refurbished in March 2013. We are really sorry for the incovenience, we wanted to finish our "comfort" rooms before starting the lift.
We hope to you seen in Brussels!
The Made in Louise