“Great Hotel ”
Review of Made in Louise

Made in Louise
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights over our birthday and everything was great apart from the fact that our in room telephone didn't work. We let reception know on our first day here but nothing was done. It became a little annoying when we wanted to quickly ask the front of house any questions or make reservations, that we had to come down from the fifth floor every time. This became even more tiresome as for the first two nights the lifts in the hotel didn't work.

The breakfast here is amazing and catered for all our needs with a wide range of foods and drinks available. The hotel is perfectly situated off Avenue Louise with great access to the city centre, attractions and shops.

A great place to stay nonetheless in Bruselles and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amit V
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to take the time to review the Made in Louise. It nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I would really like to apologize for the phone in your room, your message was indeed at reception, I will check with our maintenance why it wasn't fix! Meanwhile I have just checked and its fixed, so really sorry and we hope it did not impact your general experience.

For the lift, it looks like you are not lucky ;-) it's very rare!

Thank you very much and we hope to see you soon!

Don't hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking at martin@madeinlouise.com.

Best regards,

Martin Duchateau

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I came to visit Brussels for one weekend, and having lived there before I wanted a good base to see the city but also to have somewhere feel like home. Made in Louise was the perfect choice. It's in a great location, on a quiet street with close access to the Metro and tram lines.

The hotel is so clean inside and so welcoming with cute designs, almost like a large Bed and Breakfast. The room was so comfortable with a huge bed and, even better, a large bathroom with an amazing shower and great big windows. We really enjoyed relaxing in the hotel and found the staff to be so accommodating and friendly.

The best part - the breakfast!! Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nadeypie
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel perfectly validated for me why I use TripAdvisor now to help at least narrow down my hotel choices. Made in Louise is the perfect large boutique hotel and will definitely be where I stay when I return to Brussels. I came from the U.S. on a typically early-morning arrival, and was at the hotel by 10am. Without a problem, they had a room ready for me. The rooms are comfortably furnished with premium bedding, a lovely bath with shower/full tub, and (mercifully for someone trying to adjust to the time change) black-out shades on the windows. They hotel is just a few blocks from Avenue Louise and though in Ixelles, on the very cusp of Saint-Gilles as well - basically, right in the middle of where you want to be if you like your attractions convenient without staying smack-dab in the middle of a tourist district - I felt like I was in a "real" neighborhood. The tram was 2 streets away, yet I never used it. It was about a 20-30 minute walk to literally every attraction you could imagine, from museums to the E.U. to the Grand Place....maybe faster if you weren't just on a leisurely stroll much of the time, as was I. The breakfast was quite good and the breakfast room lovely, bright and serene. As an English- speaker, I even appreciated the hotel had a number of English language stations, though I wasn't in my room too often. There are also about a half dozen quite good restaurants within a street or two of the hotel, and a Carrefour Express just a street away as well (a smaller, city version of a supermarket). In short, it was a perfect stay in the perfect place! I do think next time I would spend a little extra and stay in a "charming" room rather than a "comfort" one. It was a perfect size for one, though I imagine it would feel a bit small for two, and after 4 days started to feel a bit tight for one. I can't recommend against it though if it's what fits your budget - it was perfectly comfortable! From start to finish a great trip. I fell in love with the city and am sure to be back at the Made in Louise.

Room Tip: Rooms 16 and 17 are steps away from the breakfast room, and there can be a bit more of a buzz in the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank E_from_DC
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Wowwww! Thanks a lot for this lovely review! Its the perfect team motivation letter that we need on a Monday ;-). We are happy to read as well that you enjoy Brussels, we are trying to be the best ambassador of this beautiful city!
Hope to see you soon!
Martin

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend for a weekend, it was not my fist time in Brussels so i new i will stay not in the downtown but in a nice area not fat from the downtown. Hotel was very alike as descriptions, the girls on the reception were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was nice and tasty just unfortunately during our stay the personal was a bit slow to clean the tables and check and add what was finished for the breakfast, so we were waiting for eggs and bacon for a while, but quality of food was very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Etecouture

Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for this nice review! We really enjoying reading your review. I would like to apologize if you had to wait for the eggs and bacon, we are trying to make them fresh all the time!
We hope to see you back soon in Brussels!
Martin

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is a little hidden jewel in the Ixelle part of Brussels. At each step one finds a nice surprise. The breakfast sortment is restricted but carefully picked. From freshly squeezed juices to the home made cakes, everything was excellent. They even stevia including other sugars and sweeteners! Sorry I did not stay longer but one night only! Excellent value for money. Staff is very kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hrvoje Z
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a truly excellent boutique hotel just off the Avenue Louise, slap bang in the centre of Brussels.
We arrived, frustated, having fought through Brussels' rush hour. Within minutes, we were checked in (I speak fluent French, but all the staff have passable, if not fluent English), had enjoyed an introductory chat, taken some advice re our dinner plans, and the staff had confirmed a booking on our behalf (the hotel has no restaurant)-'Le Chou de Bruxelles', easily walkable, reviewed elsewhere, and were freshening up in our rooms, which were spotless, well appointed, and, if not the largest in the world, were perfectly acceptable, with particularly wonderful showers.
Over the next couple of days, nothing was too much trouble, I asked for reservations to be made, for travel advice around the city, the staff checked opening and closing times for me, lent me a needle & thread (but offered to make the minor repair I needed to make themselves), kept the bar well stocked and open, and finally found me a specialized local shop for a particular gift. I really cannot recommend this hotel enough for a short break, but I've left the best 'til last:
THE BREAKFAST (included): was absolutely unbelievable!.. 0700-1000 on weekdays, and 0800-1100 on weekends, this simply has to be seen to be believed!.. If one were determined, it would be possible to enjoy a 3 or 4 course meal!'' Scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms & tomatoes, followed by ham & cheese, followed by a selection of yoghurts, granolas & cereals, followed by sweet rolls, croissants & waffles, toast, jams & preserves, fruit juices, fresh fruit compote and the most wonderful coffee (I don't drink tea abroad), and other guests made special requests from the lovely lady in charge, and nothing was refused!..
A wonderful hotel, well located, catering for the discerning traveller-not the cheapest, but definitely one of the best...

Room Tip: Even the front-facing rooms are quiet-and I insist on open windows!..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Adams5905
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks a lot for this nice review ;-) it's like a Christmas present to the whole Made in Louise team!
It's nice to read that we managed to fulfill all your needs at all time. The Made in Louise team is really dedicated and passionate about their jobs so you just did them a beautiful gift!
Breakfast is very important, so for us the most important it that is has to be fresh, a lof of choice and a super cosy atmosphere!
Again a big thank, I'll definitely share your review with my team!
Thanks, Martin

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Relaxing, good quality breakfast and handy to get around Brussels. Good value for money and different from the chains. Would definitely recommend "Made in Louise" and will be staying there again when I go to Brussels in June.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tina B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
#10 of 199 in Brussels
The Hotel - Brussels
The Hotel - Brussels
#16 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!