“Cozy Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Keedysville, Maryland
“Cozy Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very comfortable and accommodating small hotel near the Louise metro. Excellent buffet breakfast with a nice variety of foods from which to choose. My room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and my absolute lack of French was not a problem. Really enjoyed my two-night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AntietamCreeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Location: 10mins walk from the Louise tube station
Area: nice and clean
Hotel: Smaller than usual but of a great quality, with kind of homey feeling
Staff: Helpful, friendly, not stingy with smile

Room no.16: Clean, tidy, extremely quiet during night (haven't had such a good sleep for days), WiFi working very well (everywhere!!), comfy bed and linen, spotless bathroom (looked brad-new)

Breakfast: delicious, decent choice of food (hot & cold), tasty coffee and pastries
Reception: Check-in and check-out in a few mins, received very good map of Brussels, was offered a few tips and directions without any probs

Garden: Closed (but not for too long, read in the guest's memo that it will be open soon)

Overall rating: 9/10 (and that's only because the cleaner decided to hoover outside my room at about 7:30am (stopped as soon as I opened the door, didn't even get a chance to say anything :))

PS: My room (no.16) was on the mezzanine floor (opposite the restaurant), but I didn't hear much noise in the morning. Everyone behaved politely, maybe thanks to the homey feeling (which you don't really get in massive 300-bedroom hotels) ... so I was simply amazed through and through!

The whole hotel looked like it must have been refurbished recently as it was in much better condition than most of 4* hotels. If I get a chance to go back to Brussels again, I will definitely look to returning to 'Made in Louise' again. Thanks a lot!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in November, walking distance from av. Louise! Rooms are very comfortable, nicely decorated, great staff, breakfast the best! If you are looking for a cozy, homely feel, this is the place to be! Thank you for a great stay, hope to go back soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Situated in a great neighborhood, Made in Louis is the kind of place where you instantly feel at home. Decoration is simple, cosy and elegant. Personnel is very friendly and helpful (made restaurant booking). TheBar/lounge with fireplace and wide selection of beers, teas, juices; complementary herbal tea. Lots of good shopping in the area and a wide selection of fine restaurants. A quick taxi ride from the business and EU district. Spacious room; large walk-in shower and bath. There is an elevator in the building, but steps at the entrance and in between floors and elevator. Might be difficult in case of disabilities. Inquire if you think there might be a problem. They'll certainly do everything possible to help. I enjoyed my stay and will return next time I'm in Brussels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I have recently returned from a great couple of days at the Made in Louise hotel. It is a great area of Brussels, we ate in great restaurants locally every night and took the metro into the city centre during the days. The staff are very friendly, the breakfasts lovely and the whole decor of the hotel is very relaxed and stylish. Little extras like free herbal tea and chocolates for bed time were really welcomed. Would highly recommend.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I,stayed in Made in Louise for a weekend, and we truely enjoyed the room 58!
I love eating, so I need to give credit to the vast choice at the breakfast area. And the lady assisting the breakfast area is very friendly and customer oriented and helpful and very professional.(pity I didn't get her name, I was too busy enjoying the delicious breakfast). 4 main things I appreciated during my stay: the cleaniness,bed comfort, the shower of the Hotel and the decorative details special in the breakfast area. I was delighted to have a fresh grapefruit juice!TOP!!!
The staff was very friendly and we truely appreciate. And the hotel is nicely frequented...by interesting souls !I had a good laugh in the cosy elevator.
The cleaning ladies are very polite and smily, but what impressed me the most, was that, we were waiting for the elevator to go up but when it open there was a cleaning lady (wanting to down), instead of making us wait, she politely came out and told us that we could go ahead, and she will take the stairs. (As there is only one elevator and it is pretty tiny).
Not so nice, was listening to too much vacuum cleaner during the breakfast. But even that did not spoil our weekend ;) but maybe something to consider, or else there is no point in putting a nice background music, it takes away that vacation sphere away!

The overall stay was great and I totally recommend it!!!A big thank you to very helpful Naomie!

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 58!!! Fifth floor and calm...I sleept like a princess
2 Thank AzizaL
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you very nice for your nice comment! Its an excellent encouragement for 2014.
We have a background music playing at breakfast and all the common areas...but for a reason it was swithed off ( need to check on that one!).
Thanks a lot for your nice words on the cleaning team, I will share your review with them..
We hope to see you soon and wish you an excellent year 2014!
Martin & team
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Booked this hotel on the strength of the Tripadviser recommendation - and indeed other hotel booking sites also nadir was well worth it.
Only stayed one night but the friendliness of the staff suggested we were "old friends" visiting once again.
The hotel decor is great , modern and "sharp" - really liked it.
Clean and spacious rooms (superior double ) with a very comfy bed.
From the moment we arrived until the moment we left , just about everything was perfect (except the weather !) . Even chatting with the cleaning staff was a pleasure.
If we're ever in Brussels again we'll certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Have only stayed in a superior room so no other recommendations but the "loft" room we had...
2 Thank SteveG226
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
We are happy to read those lines and you that had the same experience as the other "Tripadvisor's Travellers", our best ambassadors!
We hope to see you soon, I'll make sure that your encouragements goes to our cleaning team.
Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#5 of 198 in Brussels
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!