“One of the best places in Brussels”
Review of Made in Louise

Made in Louise
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is highly recommendable - one of the nicest and coziest in Brussels. The location is great, the rooms are really nice and the breakfast is amazing. There is free wifi, free pool table and a really nice little bar/coffee place on the ground floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DenmarkLste
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thanks a lot for this review which a really the best motivator for us!
I will share it with the team right away!

Many thanks,
Martin

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed only one night at this hotel which is located on a side street off Avenue Louise. On street parking is available with a cost during the day (free at night)

The hotel has a bright interior and very welcoming reception staff.
Off the open plan reception is a pleasant sitting area for enjoying a casual drink and the dining area is located on the first floor near the reception.

I stayed in an executive room, which was a good size with an integrated shower and sink area and separate WC.
Breakfast was self service buffet style and plenty of variety with again friendly staff.
The hotel is close to the City Centre, so walkable to all the attractions (shops, bars, restaurants).

I appreciate that many visitors to the Brussels are on business, so I would recommend this homely and friendly hotel as opposed to the larger less personal hotels.

Will I stay again in this hotel... I sincerely hope so!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NITraveller
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I think this is a perfectly lovely hotel with some of the most helpful staff I've known in a long time. The location was a bit difficult to find but it's quite convenient when you work out the geography.

The check in was very efficient, offering me a cup of tea and showing me where everything was. I'd opted for one of the cosy rooms which was quite small but very well laid out and spotlessly clean. The only minor flaw was the lack of any drawer space. I think next time I'll try and get one of the slightly larger rooms.

That said the room was well furnished and presented with some nice touches. The water was hot and the shower gel was exceptionally nice.

The staff were incredibly helpful, finding directions and public transport options, suggesting places to eat and generally being pleasant without being intrusive.

The breakfast was very good with some particularly lovely brioche loaf and a range of options including fresh fruit and pastries. I also liked the fact one could get a mug of tea at any point as that was one of the nice touches.

I would definitely stay here again and think it was really good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ArgentineTango
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The staff at Made in Louise went the extra kilometer to ensure a most comfortable 4* stay at 3* rates. From the welcome, to the room upgrade, and accommodating our special requests we would recommend this outstanding boutique hotel to all business people and tourists to Europe's capital city.

The fresh flowers, high quality linen, huge breakfast spread (included in room price) all presented by a cheerful, willing staff made for a most pleasant experience!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank EasyTraveler2012
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Arrived the hotel at around 12pm and we were lucky that our room was ready for us. Room was spacious for 2 of us, clean and the design make us feel like home. The bed is extremely comfortable that we want to stay here longer! The bathroom is also very clean. They have bottles of shower gel/shampoo mounted on the wall which added the homey feel. First time seeing hotel using Valera hair dryer - a huge bonus! Though, it will be nice if body lotion and slippers are provided. (staff gave us a pair of slipper upon request but unfortunately they only have a pair left.)
Moving on to the breakfast - the breakfast room is nicely decorated. Although you won't have a large selection of food compare to chain hotels, you'll have all you needed. Cooked breakfast, cereals, fruits and pastries + bread. So glad that they serve fruit juices as most of the hotel served sugar-overly-added-juices. Also, the toasts taste heavenly (I believe it's because of the toaster from Dualit). It's like having breakfast at home (a rare buffet breakfast)!
Everything was so amazing and we enjoyed our stay very much. It's best thing we had in Brussels.
Location - might not be the best, about 10 minutes walk from Louise metro station. But all the good things we like about the hotel outweigh this minor downside.

We want to thank all the very helpful staff from the hotel. My phone got stolen on our last day, we quickly went back to hotel to ask for help (we need internet connections). Staff are very helpful and friendly, allowed me to use the computer there and also serving us tea and some snacks.

The best decision we made about the trip is to stay at this number 1 hotel at Brussels. Would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who's visiting Brussels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Yanice C
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had check this hotel in TripAdvisor, so I was wondering if it would meet my expectation.
The response was soon very clear: Yes. The hotel staff at the check in was quite nice with an excellent wellcome! The lobby is new and clean. I like it since it is quite cosy and pleasant.

The room is a bit small but very clean and modern, with all the necessary elements for a pleasant stay (at least a short term one). The bed was also very good.
The bathroom was so-so, regarding space, but also modern and clean. In resume the rooms are excellent for a business trip.

Breakfast is well above the average in Brussels: not a wide variety but excellent quality. The room is also nice and good to have a quite meal.

In conclusion excellent price relation for Brussels. The hotel is not that close to the Metro (around 10minutes walk) but it is really among the best you can have for a nice stay in Brussels. I truly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Niebes
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We had a lovely 3 day weekend staying at Made in Louise. We stayed in a comfort room, which was small by US Standards but spacious by European. The bathroom was huge! Very nice to have room to move in there. It was quiet and we were next to the elevator. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good and had a large variety. It was very close to several restaurants and only a 10 minute walk to the metro. Only complaint was that it was a bit warm in the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#7 of 199 in Brussels
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!