“Feel at home in Brussels.”
Review of Odette en Ville

Odette en Ville
Odette en Ville
Ranked #12 of 19 Ixelles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have stayed at Odette's many times for business and family trips and it is always a great experience! I have to say that service is getting better and more professional after each of my visits. There is a lovely homey atmosphere. While reading the other reviews I have to agree that taking a shower is not practical and may be something could be done to solve this, but the bathrooms are beautiful. Room and bathroom are very clean.
Food is great, nothing complicated but always very fresh and good quality products, nice wine list. Breakfast is very good, I love the small pastries, the fresh fruit salad and eggs are very nicely cooked. But don't be in a hurry, it takes a little time to get it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gstaad320

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I just stayed at Odette en Ville for two nights this weekend and have to say that I am disappointed after early promise petered out. Upon arrival the hotel has undeniable charm; dimly lit beautiful small entrance, sandwiches between the quaint restaurant and bar and the library relaxation room. The candles burning throughout the floor fit the ambiance perfectly (i think they are of the hotel's own brand). The staff are friendly and check in was quick. There are only two floors with no elevator but that's not too much of a problem unless you might have a disability or difficulty in getting up stairs.
I got to my room and was instantly disappointed as the smell of sewage was obvious. I called to complain and was moved to another room the next morning as I was in a hurry to leave the hotel for a dinner meeting. There were no problems with occupancy and so I find it surprising and disappointing that they didn't pick up on this and give me a an appropriate room from the start. Generally I am not fussy but the smell was over-powering.
Both rooms were of the same standard and an nicely decorated, with very comfortable beds, nice warm colors and very clean.
The bathrooms are very grand however they are only bathtubs with no stand up shower which was a bit annoying but manageable.
I had dinner at the restaurant and was not impressed at all. The service was good however the food was struggling to get to average considering this is a highly regarded restaurant...maybe they were having an off night...
Overall the hotel is nice and I feel like I might just have had a bad experience with a series of things going wrong... it isn't cheap either... but definitely appropriate for a couple stay...small permitting!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Il_Wass
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Hotel is a full package, so a great option when it is really cold (as it was last night). The hotel bar is quite nice with a great environment. The restaurant is not excellent but still good nice and g ood qualitymeal options.
The Hotel rooms are quite charming: the one I stayed was all black with white sheets. The bathroom was an open space with a great bath tube; a true must. the only complain I have was the nosy air conditioner.
Even if it is more expensive, Odette is an excellent option for Brussels and great location and not far away from Louise. Keep in mind that the hotel is quite small, so book in advance or in last minute.

Room Tip: At least Room 6 is quite nice but noisy A/C
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Niebes
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Very trendy, great decoration. All rooms have their special charm, some with fireplace, one with a nice small terrace where you can take breakfast. Great couple retreat.
The bar and the restaurant are also "en vogue" locations, with very nice drink and above average food.
Price is a bit expensive, but no regret.
Pillows could be nicier.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The boutique hotel Odette en Ville is my favourite place to stay in Brussels.

It's maybe on the expensive side but it's really worth. The lounge feeling, an international touch, the fireplaces and many candles... It is dark but cosy. Probably the nicest place in winter.

I also love to go there for a romantic candle dinner or a glass of Champagne with the "Foie Gras" with a couple of friends or for a business lunch. Also many locals enjoy to come there and spend the whole evening... it's a good sign!

Chatelain is the best neighborhood in the city. Every Wednesday afternoon you can enjoy the local food market besides the many boutique shops. Also whenever the weather is fine, the nearby square is the place to be as thousands of belgians and international people gather for a social evening. what else can i say...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alice_the_wonderland
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have been going to Odette since it opened a couple of years ago and it could easily become my favorite place in Brussels for a romantic dinner or a glass of wine.
Because of it`s dark decor, multiple fireplaces and many candles, it is nicest to be there in winter. Contemporary decor is usually not my thing but this is really well done. There are always some fresh flowers on every table in the sitting room area and also in the dining room. Both of those rooms and the library have a fire place.
I am also a great fan of the neighborhood with it`s Wednesday afternoon market and boutique shops.
As much as I want to really love this place I am time and again disappointed by the poor quality of the service. During our most recent visit, for afternoon tea, they decided to vacuum which needless to say spoiled the atmosphere. The waitress was inattentive and I am sorry to say, not very professional.
I do hope that they manage to solve this problem that has been fairly consistent from the beginning, as this aspect spoils an otherwise very unique and enjoyable place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BelgiumSchnook
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I just when in this " Boutique Hotel" last month. My room was nice and with style but I can't believe the staff are so proud and a Russian girl doesn't speak to me in English and I need to show her what I need.
I went for my Birthday the food is overpriced but very good anyway, you're just paying for the wacky surroundings, shame really as its a nice idea for a restaurant. I cant imagine. cutlery to old , plate dirty, no space between my table and the next one. My girlfriend asked for a late breakfast " 11.30 am" and the answer : I'm sorry we can't give you a breakfast at this time!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank steve r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#3 of 15 in Ixelles
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie

Been to Odette en Ville? Share your experiences!