“Big rooms in a great location”

Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
GreenLeadersGold level
Brussels, Belgium
“Big rooms in a great location”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights during our relocation to the States. The rooms are BIG, well-furnished and very comfortable. We had a few glitches with the Wifi but that probably wouldn't have been too annoying except in the case of our long stay. We had dinner once or twice in the bar and the food and service were fine. The only downside was the brusque and impersonal front desk service. All in all, I'd stay again, just don't expect the warmest welcome.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and I wished it was longer. The hotel is in a busy part of the city and all the main attractions are walkable. The room we had was great and very spacious with lovely decoration and furniture. We had a room that looked onto the street and also beside the elevator and had no problems with noise as I've read in other reviews. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was a buffet with plenty to chose from. There was fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms and beans. Everything I tasted was delicious. For drinks there was different fruit juices such as orange, mango and apple and tea and coffee. The hotel has a fitness suite with a sauna and jacuzzi. The sauna was out of order when we were there. A complementary bottle of wine was brought to us on the first night and the tv in the room had a personal welcome message for us. The bathroom had a shower and a bath and they had left a soap dish full of bath salts. They provided shower gel and shampoo, towels and a hair dryer. I found the hotel very swank and comfortable and our stay was very relaxing. Id defiantly go back.

Stayed August 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My suit was really great with an XXL bathroom and with windows to the rear street, so perfectly silent. I had no time to use the terrace of my suite... ...breakfast was superb. Lovely surprise was the ice cream at check in, the surprise was even bigger when I opened it in my suite - it was melted...

Room Tip: Ask rooms with windows not facing Avenue Luise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
ChristineDelord, Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux of Thon Hotels at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you most sincerely for having chosen the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie for your recent stay in Brussels and for having taken the time to put a comment on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you that your positive comments are most appreciated.
However, please accept our sincere apologies for the fact that the ice cream at check-in was melted. We will take the necessary action in order to avoid this in the future.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in near future, I remain,
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely room, good location. The problem came when the renovation of the restaurant occurred. I was in room 17 and I was there Friday to Monday for our 1st wedding anniversary which was hugely disrupted by drilling and hammering. This occurred all hours including 8am on Sunday morning. When I complained, no apologises were offered, or any compensation for our disruption. This was just passed off by the reception with a slightly arrogant remark of maintenance. Finally I would not recommend anyone to stay there till the work is complete. Furthermore check before you book this hotel the maintenance has been completed, as it will seriously effect your stay. We had no prior warning of the from the booking agent nor the hotel when we arrived. Avoid till work finished is my advice.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to put a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel but I am very sorry to read that you were disturbed by the renovation works of the restaurant. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.
However, I am very surprised that you can hear the noise from the room 17 which is so far from the restaurant.
These works have been undertaken to offer our guests a brand new restaurant and bar in order to improve their comfort. And I hope that you enjoyed the very recently renovated room 17.
With my renewed apologies, I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is good, huge rooms, good breakfast, the location is great, you have lots of facilities near by and nice places to travel. In the dining room, the service was a bit slow but the quality of the food was good. The reason that I lowered the rating is that I think in this time all hotel should have free wifi, at least in the lobby, I think in the room as well but in the lobby, it is a must. As a rule, I rate an hotel without a awifi connection in the lobby,as a start of average.

Room Tip: Nothing special, as I have seen all the rooms are big and comftable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ChristineDelord, Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux of Thon Hotels at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us but took good note of your remark regarding the fact that the service was a bit slow for the dinner.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience caused and be assured that action will be taken where appropriate in order to avoid this in the future.
Regarding Internet, please note that there are two computers in the lobby with free Internet access.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, we remain,
Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux - Thon Hotels
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lovely big room with decent bathroom. The bed was two doubles together, was little annoyed not made as one bed, but heaps room. Buffet breakfast was awesome too, with good selection of cooked and cold foods, just no omelettes. Good experience.

Room Tip: Room with a nice view of the city. Nice rooms though, not sure what others are like if all same
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for having put a comment on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.
Your positive comments are much appreciated. It is always a pleasure for us to receive nice comments from our guests.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,
Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux - Thon Hotels
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Spent 3 nights here. No problem checking in or out. Had room no.18 right next to the lift and stairwell, so a bit noisy for a super light sleep like me! As mentioned by other reviewers, the bedrooms have been recently redecorated and are very nice. No free wifi though :o(
Hotel is in a smart area, with designer shops and boutiques nearby. It is situated about five minutes from the tram stop and about eight minutes from the Metro.
Only niggle...we checked in on Monday and by the lift on our floor was a tray with dirty plates and cups etc. That was there for 3 days before it was removed.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room too close to the lift
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe B
Dear Sir,
We very much appreciate that you took the time to put a comment on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the renovated rooms.
However, we took good note of your comment regarding the tray. Please accept our most sincere apologies and be assured that action will be taken in order to avoid this kind of issue in the future.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,
Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux - Thon Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie? Share your experiences!