Hotel Leopold
US$170
US$164
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$113
Agoda.com
US$85
US$82
US$83
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Berger(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$83
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
US$117
  • Bar/Lounge
1,045 results
All reviewseuropean parliamentexecutive roomfamily run hotelthe grand placeshort breakcold meatscity centreminute walkthree nightsbars and restaurantsroyal palacedouble bedpleasant staylovely hoteltea and coffeecooked breakfastcroissants
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This hotel was part of a package and 5 of us spent three nights in Brussels over two rooms. One room was upgraded to a suite which was a huge room. The beds were comfortable and there was plenty of space, with one of the beds being on a separate level. The only downside was that the room was slightly old-fashioned but I heard that the rooms are currently being refurbished so maybe this will get some attention soon.

The location of the hotel is good as there is a 2.50Eur bus right next to the hotel that takes you into the centre. The area is quiet as it is the Parliament district but there is a Delhaize supermarket around the corner if needed.

The choice at breakfast was excellent as there was continental breakfast including cereal and a meat selection plus hot food. The quality of the food was also great, regardless of what other reviewers have said.

The staff are very helpful and would happily book taxis for you as well as a restaurants if you desire. One of the staff members repeatedly rang a restaurant to get a table for us for around an hour on the last night which we are very grateful for. We also needed a new key at 3am as it stopped working and someone was on hand to rectify the problem.

The only bad points were that there was no older for the shower head in the larger room and the smaller room had no hook on the back of the bathroom door.

Great hotel, helpful staff, great location... I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear JimmyJams12
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It's nice to hear all went well and that you were well looked after.
As you noticed we have made lots of renovations to the hotel and there are many new beds, mattresses, pillows etc which obviously makes for a comfortable nights sleep.
Some of our rooms remain a bit old-fashioned in decor, it's true but they are well looked after and very clean and tidy thanks to our in-house Housekeeping Department.
Thanks for your kind comments about our breakfast offerings - it's great to see that you managed to test most of it !
The tips on the shower holder in the bath are useful - as with many of the refurbishments we are getting round to the older bathrooms and adding more modern shower heads. All 35 new bathrooms have rainshowers.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Brussels

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Spent three nights at the Leopold on a city break to Brussels.

The Hotel is close to the European Parliament, about a 20 minute walk from the city centre. But for E2.50 payable on the vehicle, Bus 27 about 100m away gets you to the centre. Bus 95 or the metro get you to the Eurostar Gare Midi.

Our room at the hotel was quite compact but was in very good decorative order and had everything we needed.

Pretty good buffet breakfast.

Helpful staff at reception.

We had a deal with Wi-Fi included; otherwise this would have been quite expensive so it's worth checking this out.

Room Tip: Reading earlier reviews prompted us to ask for a refurbished room which the hotel ensured we got.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear NorfolkArthur
It was a pleasure to read about your stay with us and to hear that we exceeded your expectations.
We are getting very favourable comments from our guests about the newly renovated rooms, so I am glad you also enjoyed it and also our lovely buffet breakfast.
Regarding the wifi, we offer free connection in the public areas and 7.50 eur (currently) for high speed connection in your room.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Brussels

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Uff, I don't know where to start.
For a hotel with 4 stars in a heart of the Europe and in this price range I'd expect to have a free Wi-Fi in the room which isn't a case here. The room is very small and if I had have a standard size travelling bag I would have to put it on the bed. There is no safe in the room either. For three mornings I placed do not disturb ring on the room door but anyway room service entered my room every day. Breakfast is below average too. I also noticed that reception tends to lock the hotel doors (I noticed this happens around 23 hours) and there was noone at the reception desk to open it when I came. Later I have found that there are two small doorbells that are not marked as it should be and that are used to call someone on a mobile phone who will open the doors. Strange for a hotel I must admit. I also noticed that personell is rather impolite except few ladies mainly on the reception. When I came there was only 3 TV programs available but I assume that was a temporary issue since TV channels ware avalable later on.
4star hotels are usually much better but it is different from country to the country. This hotel would hardly have 3 stars in most of the destinations all over the world I have visit so far
I also must say that hotel and the room is very clean and the location is perfect so this is the only reason for 2 star review grade.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marenostrumkk
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear marenostrumkk
Thanks for taking the time to have a moan about your stay with us...
I am sorry that you did not feel everything was up to scratch and that we weren't the hotel you wanted. However, I suppose price tells a story...I notice that you booked a single room on a non-refundable rate (in other words the cheapest you could find close to the European Parliament) and then complain that the room was small. Just a suggestion : check our website for details of room sizes and facilities before you book. If you had done you would have noticed that single rooms are 14m2 in size. So if you desired a bigger room, book a double for single use or one of our lovely newly renovated Executives.
I do apologise for you not having a safe in your room. We have been waiting for replacements to arrive from our supplier. However, had you mentioned this to Reception during your stay we would have been very happy to have placed a new one in your room (as we have a couple of spares).
I am also sorry to hear that you thought breakfast was below average. I am not sure why... we have fresh home-made cakes and bread, smoked salmon, fresh vegetables, 4 types of fresh yoghurt, cereals, fruit juices including a locally produced fresh apple, fresh fruit, choices of several coffees and teas...I could go on.
Regarding our Reception staff, I am pleased our young ladies were polite and friendly. I am not sure which other staff you found impolite...but it does not seem like the staff we have in our hotel, where clients return time after time, precisely because our staff are friendly and helpful.
We, like many hotels, have a night reception from 2300 onwards and from time to time he/she needs to leave reception to help a guest in another part of the hotel (maybe taking a new safe to a room fro example). In this case he/she is connected to the front door by a mobile phone and can open the door. We shall add a larger sign to the door bell so that it is more obvious for our guests - thank you for the tip. Maybe you could have mentioned it to us on checkout ?
I am sure we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to your home from home in Brussels the next time the city is busy and the prices high. Next time book direct and check out the upgraded rooms...let us know what you want and we can provide what is more appropriate to you. Lowest price does not always = best quality !

Reviewed 18 February 2014

booked as part of a package with Railbookers, we found the hotel easily, 5 minutes from the Metro (Trone). Room recently refurbished and clean but furniture yet to arrive so a bit sparse. Food not bad, staff were very friendly.
Only issue we found was that being so close to the parliament building they and all the other businesses feed off the eurocrats; as a result over the weekend most of the bars close by were closed so it meant a trip into the centre to do anything.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy C

Dear Jeremy C
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us great value for money. Not only was the Executive Room you stayed in, recently refurbished, you were actually the first guest in it ! As you say we are waiting on a couple of sofas.
It is also good to hear that our staff were friendly and looked after you well.
It is true that with our great location near to the EU Parliament many of the bars close over the weekends. This makes for a quiet location without drunken shouting in the early hours !
We look forward to welcoming you back with even more comfort in the rooms.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This Hotel was part of a package together with the Eurostar from St Pancras. It was very competitive on price. However the Hotel was less than the sum if its parts. On arrival in the room, newly refurbished, I placed a small bag on the table and two legs fell off. The hotel response was to take the table away without a replacement or apology.
I was also annoyed to find that free WiFi meant a very slow mail only service in the room with free WiFi in public spaces. The cost of full service was as in English hotels over the top. Mainland Europe is usually better than this.
The restaurant was given a strong billing but on using it we found it was prepared micrwaved food. Good quality but not a full restaurant service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Paul J
Maybe we should tackle some realities with your rather bizarre review.
Your lovely (free upgrade) Executive room has been completely renovated from top to bottom: new decoration, new sofa, new chairs, new desk, new bed, new mattress, new carpet, new wardrobe, new bathroom etc Cost of over 20,000 eur.
I was called to your room by our Reception staff because you had complained that the table was broken. You place a heavy bag on the table as soon as you walked in the room and dragged the table several feet. Instead of using the provided luggage rack which stood next to the table. You in fact broke all four legs off. Louise who was on duty on Reception apologised 4 times to you for the inconvenience. We chose not to charge you for the damage !
The wifi speed varies between 4 and 9 mbps, which in the view of the experts who installed the system is the fastest real time speed of any hotel in the area.
The brasserie provides freshly prepared food that is renowned in the area and beyond. We receive very positive comments verbally and in writing - see our Brasserie Leopold on Tripadvisor :). Of course as in every kitchen some elements are reheated using a microwave (eg some sauces) but unless you were totally blind you would have seen our chefs cooking in front of you in our open kitchen.
I will let the readers make up their own mind but moaning on this website about a brand new room, excellent home cooking and breaking new furniture seems the work of someone we would not welcome back to our family run hotel. I see on your other reviews of hotels that you this forum as a place to have rant about staff, breakfast or anything else that takes your fancy...