“Good location - 4 star only”

Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Central location near the parliament. The hotel is ok , good service, breakfast was very nice. They have free wifi in lobby only. The price is good. Train station close to the hotel. Taxis easily accessible from the square.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stay here frequently and i have done so over a decade.

It's a fair trek (about 15 minutes) from the Center (Grand Place) but the beauty of the Area is that it is very quiet and their Rooms are spacious than Hotels that are situated in the center.

Finally they are on top of their game and now nothing but the BEST.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra for an upgrade to a Junior Suite of a Suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a family whilst my husband was in Brussels for business. I wouldn't rush to return to Brussels and would consider other hotel options if I were to visit again.
The location is close to the European Parliament, nice photo opportunity but other than that it's a little bit further away from some of the other tourist sites. That said we were still able to walk to the main square in about 15 minutes.
Positives for the hotel include spacious rooms, we stayed in a junior suite and had plenty of space for a travel cot and the pull out sofa bed. The pool was lovely and easily accessible within the hotel-my son made good use of this facility. Some members of staff were very friendly and helpful-these included reception, housekeeping and the chap at the tourist desk. The duty manager was also very friendly and polite.
A few areas for improvement however, firstly wifi-major annoyance for both business and leisure travellers. In this day and age it is unacceptable to not offer this facility free of charge in rooms. I actually think that it should become a pre-requisite of the hotel star system, if it were you would soon see all the 4 and 5 star places sorting out their act. I could accept a nominal fee for using wifi in the rooms and yes technically speaking we could have allowed a business charge for wifi but I refuse to be ripped off with ridiculous charges, especially when staying in a suite! The service was offered free in the lobby areas and even that service was painfully slow. From checking important business emails right through to my son connecting on his iPad like it or not wifi is a fundamental part of everyday life-just as important as having a kettle in the rooms, decent hotels should acknowledge this. The check-in process seemed painfully long, I have stayed in many hotels and appreciate that each has their own protocols but the amount of little slips the poor guy at the desk had to fill in was just silly! The swipe of a credit card should suffice!! Some staff members seemed indifferent and even arrogant with their service, perhaps this is because we are English and have that immediate expectation that everyone will speak our language, I don't know but especially in the restaurant the staff seemed almost annoyed to be asked for things. A smile costs nothing! One member of staff simply blanked me when I asked for a highchair I actually wondered if he had heard me but he did appear with one and shoved it my way! Breakfast was included but other than the continental aspects the hot breakfast isn't worth bothering with.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank samde
Elodie B, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Brussels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We were delighted to have you stay at the Renaissance hotel for your recent stay in Brussels. We would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our friendly staff members and our spacious rooms. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our swimming pool. We have taken note of your comemnts mentioned and will ensure to pass them to the managers of the concerned departments. We sincerly hope to have the pelasure of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Having recently enjoyed a very pleasant stay in a London Marriott we decided to give this one a go whilst in Brussels. We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is in Ixelles which is about 30 minutes walk from the Grand Place. The room was comfortable and clean. Reception and concierge staff were extremely helpful with travel directions, recommendations etc. The breakfast was quite good with a variety of cheses, meats, fruit etc, as well as a cooked option.
One small negative comment - which I have also seen in another recent review - was that tea and coffee used was not replaced when the room was serviced. Otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This stay was a follow up to a poor experience last summer. A good room although the maid service was poor and lacked attention to detail. Shower gel, shampoo etc we're not replenished after use and the same applied to coffee. We stayed for 2 nights, a Saturday and Sunday. Breakfast on Sunday was nothing to write home about but on Monday was very good with much greater choice. Clearly there are a lot of deals on over the weekend which makes for an opportunity to deliver a poor effort at breakfast whereas on Monday we were well looked after. If you get a good price here then it is recommended, we have stayed around 6 times now, but don't pay over the odds when compared with other hotels in the City. I wouldn't want to pay €20 per day for wifi but we got it included as I am a Marriott Cardholder. We would stay again but it would have to be on acceptable terms and a very good offer.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We would like to thank you for choosing the Renaissance hotel for your stay in Brussels and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As you can imagine we are dismayed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during this stay. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused. Please be assured that all your comments mentioned have been shared with the concerned departments and that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

amazing stay, completely my lifestyle
loved it because of the service, people were really nice, nice food and belgian specialities, the music, flowers, the smell in the whole hotel.
the room were really comfortable and nice view on the parc

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room is total retro maybe 1970 bathroom and furniture. Wifi terrible did not work, had to stay on the phone for 3 hours to get them to make it work a little. The hotel is using outside service for their WiFi which is totally strange. When I complained about the Internet they connected me to an outside service called IBAHN they did not even know where I was calling from, I needed to tell them what location I am in!. Could not do my work it took forever and at the end the connection was crawling. The phone in the room looked so old with obscure buttons it looked from the early 80s with a big button saying international connection and no button for front desk or other important service. This can't be called a business hotel with its communication service from another century! Bathroom looked date with a strange looking counter top. This hotel needs a total gut update program. Only thing the people working their were very nice but could not do too much to help with the problem

Room Tip: If I you are going on business and need to do work on the Internet don't go there!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Elodie B, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Brussels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We would like ot thank you for choosing the Renaissance Hotel for your recent stay in Brussels. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. As you can imagine we are dismayed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during this stay, mainly due to the internet and phone issues experienced in your hotel room. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused. Please be assured that all your comments mentioned have been shared with the concerned departments and that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.We would like to thank you for your lovely comments shared regarding our staff. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Radisson RED Brussels
Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
0 mi away
Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Renaissance Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!