“A great place in the centre of the European District”

Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The formerly Marriot, now Renaissance Hotel is a very high standard, but also an affordable place to stay. Not 1 minute walking distance from The European Parliament ant the Luxembourg Station, it is situated in the very heart of Brussels European Center.

The Hotel is really clean, friendly multi-language personnel and very caring. I stayed there with 3 colleagues for 3 nights in the Apartment section of the hotel. Our rooms were always clean by 12.00 just perfect. The breakfast is quite good, although as a vegetarian I don't get to taste too much of it but all I tasted was excellent and of great quality.

Rooms are spacious, clean and welcoming, so there is really nothing negative to say about the Renaissance.

Ant the Best is yet to come: ... the hotel features a great fitness room and swimming pool with jacuzzi where easily 30-40 people can hang out without it being too stressful. (all free of charge!!!) So the Renaissance is really an amazing place to stay! A place I'd gladly return!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 January 2010

My daughter and I stayed at the Renaissance on a Christmas trip. We were both very ill on the trip, and were very excited to sleep in comfortable clean beds in a big room with a great bathroom. There was plenty of storage in the room. I called to the main desk one morning asking if there was a pharmacy nearby that would open early. I explained that we were sick and needed medication. This was at 7am on a Sunday. Within an hour the concierge knocked at our door with medication in hand. The price of 10 days medicine for two people was 5 euros. I was so grateful to have such a caring staff when we really needed help! I would recommend this hotel. The only negative that I can give is the chicken ceasar salad served in the restaurant. The chicken was marinated in a soy teriyaki sauce and it was really bad.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 31 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance for two nights on a quick side trip to Brussels. We used Marriott points, and so stayed at this hotel rather than the Marriott near Grand Place. As expected, the area around the hotel was very quiet on a weekend (when the EU is closed - I'm sure it's busier during the day midweek). It was an easy 15-minute bus ride down to Grand Place -- go to the square and take the bus on the opposite side from where the hotel is located. The room itself was nice - what you'd expect for a Marriott. The hairdryer didn't work, and it wasn't fixed after I asked on the first night. I could have made a bigger deal, and perhaps it would have been replaced. They have an elaborate buffet breakfast, which cost something around 16 euros. Since I only wanted a croissant and an OJ, the restaurant manager was nice enough to give me a deal at 6 euros for my light breakfast.

All in all, I'd stay here again - but as a tourist, I'd probably prefer to have stayed closer to the main square.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Nice, clean hotel, but double charged my credit card. Bank confirmed it is hotel's fault, hotel denied it... Trying to resolve now.... This is big disappointment considering this is part of the Mariott chain of hotels

Reviewed 30 November 2009

i stayed here with my boyfriend for 3 nights for a break away, it was brilliant value as we got the three nights for 178euro.
on arrival the service was really helpful and we were offered a glass of wine on checking in. the room was basic enough but had everythng we needed, hairdryer, iron, etc. On the first night our bath/ shower leaked out on to the bathroom floor but the housekeeping staff were quick to resolving this for us.
location was close to few bars and restaurants and eu buildings but most of the bars were closed on the saturday night, we're not sure why this was.
we loved the swimming pool and jacquzzi area,also the food in the hotel was beautiful but a little pricey
we least liked that we had to pay 5Euro for15mins on the internet.

1  Thank lwex
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My wife and I stayed here a single night while on our way to Calais/Dover. I can't speak much for the neighborhood since we arrived late, slept, arose, ate breakfast and hit the road again. The staff was very welcoming upon check in (it's a little surprising that this is not often the case) and we were offered a glass of wine or Champagne. We stayed in a very comfortable suite. The suite had a desk/workarea in a seperate room, which allowed me to get some work done while my wife slept. Parking was free for hotel guests. Internet is available, but cost approx 20 euros for 24 hours.

Reviewed 14 November 2009

I found this Hotel weird. It is in a high price bracket and it has a pool, so when I booked, I had high expectations.

But then ... at check-in the friendly desk officer offered me a glass of sparkling wine. No way dude, I'm here for business. The lobby is very light and clinically cold, not a place to hang around.

The room looks dated and had an old fashion TV set without free movie channels. So I had to watch free movies via my iPod.

Internet came through a very expensive cable: did these guys ever noticed the pervasiveness of free Wifi?

The pool was very small, but the five year old girl, the only swimmer, put me off.

The restaurant was empty at dinner time, why would that be .. well, I did not dare to have my curiosity resolved. Close to the Hotel is a square with fine food places.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Radisson RED Brussels
#15 of 199 in Brussels
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Renaissance Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!