“A reliable "friend" in Brussels!!”
Review of Hotel Beau Site

Hotel Beau Site
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Athens, Greece
“A reliable "friend" in Brussels!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The first time I visited this hotel was in June 2010. I was travelling to Brussels for a EU Project meeting and was looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a nice neighborhood.
I found it by chance on the internet. It is near well known Avenue Louise and the price they proposed me (with breakfast) was more than reasonable.
So I went for it and was not disappointed!
It is a simple hotel, with spacious and comfortable (although simple) rooms, big bathrooms with bathtubs and a nice enough restaurant serving a decent breakfast! Also, it has a public PC near the reception, available most of the time, which I needed badly since I didn't have my laptop with me...
I like the street Rue de la Longue Haie where it is located and the whole district, and it was a good base for my long strolls around Brussels.
This second time, I was in Brussels for a presentation of the same EU Project. I was staying at a 5* Hotel near Rond-Point Schumann and, when my presentation was over, I learned that -due to a great strike at the airport- I was grounded in Brussels for one more night. My own hotel didn't have another room to give me (I had checked-out already) and even if it would have a cancellation, the price would be prohibitive!
So I remembered "Hotel Beau Site" and was fortunate enough to find a last room there (although at a more elevated price compared to the previous time I was a guest there, due most probably to the situation in Brussels that night, when every hotel and hostel were full of stranded passengers...). I was really pleased to return to this hotel!
And I am glad to know that, whenever needed, I have this little friendly "nest" in the capital of Europe to stay in, and to enjoy the hospitality of its wonderful and utterly obliging staff!!!
Unfortunately, I don't remeber my room numbers...
But I have a tip for the (always less) paper-lovers out there: A wonderful shop selling everything related to paper (stationery, calendars, notebooks, pens etc.) of a great quality, named "Papeterie Anglaise", is very near the hotel at Avenue Louise!!
The photos I am posting are from both my stays.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The Beau Site is a small, reasonably priced and otherwise unremarkable hotel, but its helpful and friendly personnel makes the place a clear recommendation. Not to mention the Brasserie "De La Vigne ... a' l'Assiette" only a block away! This small restaurant is a gem, truly excellent food, friendly service and a good and reasonably priced wine-list.

Room Tip: The higher the better, as there is some noice from the street . Lift slow, though.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Where can I start! The room stinks, is too hot and extremely noisy. The lights on the landing don't work, making it impossible to find the room without a torch. The TV doesn't work, but that's no surprise as it looks like it was made before the 2nd world war!

There's something going on in Brussels this week making it hard to find a hotel room. This dump cost €140 for 1 night. If I'd paid €20 for it I'd be disappointed!

I've travelled the world on business for 17 years and this has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in!

Avoid!!!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Noblelord100

Travellers are raving about these Ixelles hotels

Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This Hotel was cheap and included breakfast staff were brilliant and location is good twenty minute walk to furthest site seeing free parking and wifi cant fault it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poopy72
Perth
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a strange hostel/hotel mixed place. Breakfast was fairly decent, staff always helpful. Room large and accomodating. Bathroom good with decent sized tub. No complaints. Reasonably priced for the location- overall good value for money for a budget/midbudget traveller.

P.S excellent cafe round the corner (ask staff) next to the bakery, long thin one. Great salads and lunch. Also the best sushi restaurant around the corner I have tried since I lived in tokyo :) Pretty expensive - about 25/30 euro for a sushi meal that didnt fill me up! But about as close as you get to the real deal in europe, would recommend to anyone - the place was packed with japanese expats (ask hotel staff for directions).

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 June 2010

There is mainly one reason to recommend Hotel Beau Site in Brussels - hospitality. Tucked away on one of the small streets off the main Avenue Louise, this hotel makes you feel like you're at home. Not too far from the Louise Metro station, the hotel boasts of average facilities. Do not expect swanky bathrooms and a plush lobby. However, if you are looking for a clean room, a good night's rest and a staff that actually cares about whether you had breakfast or not, then Hotel Beau Site is for you. For a business traveller, it is great value for money!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
London, UK
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We stayed for one night in this hotel, and were impressed with the size of the rooms, good breakfast and friendly staff. It isn't very central but easy walk to a Metro and then quick into the centre. It was really good value for money, and the rooms were lovely and big.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles
Hotel Le Berger
Hotel Le Berger
#7 of 16 in Ixelles
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie
Izan Avenue Louise
Izan Avenue Louise
#123 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Beau Site? Share your experiences!