Hotel Beau Site
  • Pool
US$175
US$168
  • Restaurant
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$151
  • Pool
US$83
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Berger(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$117
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsavenue louisemin walkbathtubrueeuropeheatingsquare
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We decided to go for budget accommodation in Brussels to be close to the City Centre and close to the EU buildings. This hotel is quite good. It is typical European budget hotel.

It is just under ten minutes walk from Louisa Metro station and a 25 minute walk from Grand Place. It's also a 25 minute walk to the EU Parliament and Flagey Square.

The Hotel reception is nice with free internet. The rooms have slightly old decor but certainly that doesn't take away from them. The hotel staff were excellent, very helpful and went out of their way to help.

The breakfast offered was standard continental and okay.

All in all, if you're looking for a budget accommodation this is a good place, but does have it's down sides that it's at the top of a large hill and does have slighly outdated decor!

Room Tip: A triple room is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Date of Stay: 18 - 19 September 2012

I arrived at the hotel at approximately 11pm (23:00hrs). First impressions were the place looked small but neat and clean. The receptionist knew my name because I was the last person to check in. Check-in was painless, I was simply handed my key and asked to sign something. I was informed that the wifi code was on the key. I was nervous of being charged for wifi use so didn't use it - I wasn't told it was free / complimentary. The receptionist spoke excellent English. I was hungry as I'd barely eaten a thing since I boarded the train at Birmingham New Street and ate nothing on the Eurostar. So upon my check-in the receptionist ordered a pizza for me as their kitchen was closed (the pizza was disgusting but the hotel weren't to blame).

After check-in I was assigned a room, I think it was room 19, and was direct to the lift and told my room was on the first floor. I got in the very very small lift and wondered if it would break under the weight of me and my luggage combined! When the lift reached my floor, the door opened onto a closed door .... it was an initially terrifying experience and I thought the life had broken. I came to my senses and pushed on the closed door to find myself in a darkened corridor ... well it was black because there were no lights on again I was very scared and wondered what kind of hotel this was! I happen to have a little torch on my keyrings and used it to find the light in the corridor and made my way to my room.

I understand why the light was off, I felt I had stepped into the 80's nasty wall paper, plastic flowers and awful carpet ... this feeling when I stepped into my room .... oh lord!

The room wasn't big, but it wasn't small either it was ok with;
- a very low cheap bed, cheap thin bed sheets, small pillows
bedside tables
- an old-fashioned wardrobe which has unspecified pillows in but the place was so grim I felt I'd already risked my health using the pillows on the bed!
- a desk with snacks - I didn't touch these as I think they were part of the mini-bar (yes there was a selection of alcoholic beverages in a fridge to drown your sorrows with).
The carpet was patterned, dirty and dusty. I really felt dirty using the grimy plug to charge my mobile phone.
The TV was old-fashioned and small with a selection of channels (French/Flemish speaking), OK I'm English and I hate to be a archetypal British person abroad, but just BBC World Service would have sufficed since my stay was for business not pleasure - there were no English speaking channels.

The bathroom ... oh lord .... it looked like it belonged in a 1940's mental asylum it was awful .... truly horrible. It was clean-ish but was dark, even after eventually finding the light, the white utensils had turned a tooth-yellow colour and everything in there was unfashionable to the extreme.

I had a very bad night's sleep; I kept hearing water, possibly the room upstairs or next door flushing the toilet, there was noise from the street outside (I later realised the window had been left open) and the bed was lumpy and I was cold.

Breakfast .... it had been paid for, I decided to skip it going by the standard of the room I had slept in. Check-in was painless, I simply left the key on the desk as no-one was there and walked to my meeting.

The hotel is situated in a good spot and very close to Avenue Louise, but that's the only thing going for it ... it was a despicable experience in fact one of the worst hotel stays I've ever had.

I'd never return .... I'm surprised at the reviews this place has received and the pictures I've seen on trip advisor as my room was nothing like the one's in the pictures. All I can say is, I obviously have differing standards to others, but I stand by my review ... the place is grim!

Do yourself a favour .... do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chachachingching
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The room was huge, with a fridge and minibar. Large bathroom also. Free internet. Nice continental breakfast. Staff were quite friendly & helpful. However, i was charged twice for my room. 5 days later, still trying to get them to pay me back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The customer service here is - hands down - the best I've received in any hotel, which is highly commendable for a 3*. We dealt with at least 5 different staff members (24hr reception) over our 3 night stay and all were equally hospitable and efficient. We were even able to take a packed breakfast at 5.30am when leaving to catch the 1st Eurostar on a Monday morning. The rooms were excellent, very spacious (we even had a hob, sink and fridge in ours!) and the bathrooms perfectly adequate. I would advise against staying in the summer if they don't install air conditioning in the near future, but will definitely stay again when next in Brussels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This small hotel is located approx 100 m away from the busy road. The reception and the breakfast room looked nice and new and staff was friendly. My room was well functioning but a bit old. The breakfast was simple but OK.
The hotel is situated in the southern part of Brussels with far less tourists than in the city center. Walking time to central Brussels is 30-40 minutes, but public transport with bus, tram and metro is also possible. The location is convenient for the MCE conference center

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business