“Inexpensive”
Review of Hotel Beau Site

Hotel Beau Site
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I needed a hotel for one night and was booking late. ALl other Hotels were Eu300+ at this stage and BeauSIte was still cheap (Eu130).

Room: Ok & clean
Shower: Poor (a sprinkle)
Service: Good
Breakfast: Simple but good & clean
Street: Quiet and close to Rue Louise

Room Tip: Book early in Brussels, pay and extra 30Euro and you'll be in a better place. If all fails - th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Hotel Beau Site

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My work booked this sight unseen as it was recommended close to the conference center we were going to. Friends who booked their own hotel near the conference center got much, much nicer accomodation for just a bit more elsewhere. Still, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast adequate, and the wifi reliable. Dark grey walls with peeling plaster were a bit depressing--fortunately my room did not have the mildewey smell my colleague's did--I guess a danger in a city as wet as Brussels. Lights are on automatic shutoff and a guest groping the walls one night to find the light set off the fire alarm instead, waking many people. Male staff members were very helpful. The girl working the night shift did not seem to realize the hotel offered an airport transfer service for $39 Euros and told my friends to "just negotiate with the taxi driver."

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2013

By arrival we got the opportunity to choose one of two rooms - and both were good and clean. The bathroom was freshly renovated and our room was nice and (regarding a city-hotel) quite large. The service was very friendly and helpful!
Breakfast was not the best we ever had - but in relation to the price of the room, it was good enought and we found everything we like for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Havinr read the reviews on here I can honestly say it wasnt the best hotel I could have stayd at but the room was adequet for what I had paid,the other english reviews on here seem very harsh and its theyre own fault they didnt eat on the train!The city is a **** hole and over priced so for £45 a night for two its very good comfy bed anything I need I got and everyone was helpful.And the lift is awesome,never been in such a small one!what do you want Enya playing?I am an ex hotel manager with over 15 years of managing hotels from 2-5star and whilts this may not be top end you get what you pay for!would recommend for those on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sshuxley
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The location is great, a 2 minute walk tothe shopping street louise luisa and 20 walk from sablon square! On the other direction you have a few bars and restauranta filled with local youth and tourist-free... The staff was superb and understanding (late check-out was a huge plus) and the wifi connection is good and stable.

The bath was clean and the room spacious, breakfast buffet is served fron 7 to 10!

All in all a great deal for your money. Plus a bus stop is right across the street and you have tram a fee blocks away

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We decided to go for budget accommodation in Brussels to be close to the City Centre and close to the EU buildings. This hotel is quite good. It is typical European budget hotel.

It is just under ten minutes walk from Louisa Metro station and a 25 minute walk from Grand Place. It's also a 25 minute walk to the EU Parliament and Flagey Square.

The Hotel reception is nice with free internet. The rooms have slightly old decor but certainly that doesn't take away from them. The hotel staff were excellent, very helpful and went out of their way to help.

The breakfast offered was standard continental and okay.

All in all, if you're looking for a budget accommodation this is a good place, but does have it's down sides that it's at the top of a large hill and does have slighly outdated decor!

Room Tip: A triple room is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Date of Stay: 18 - 19 September 2012

I arrived at the hotel at approximately 11pm (23:00hrs). First impressions were the place looked small but neat and clean. The receptionist knew my name because I was the last person to check in. Check-in was painless, I was simply handed my key and asked to sign something. I was informed that the wifi code was on the key. I was nervous of being charged for wifi use so didn't use it - I wasn't told it was free / complimentary. The receptionist spoke excellent English. I was hungry as I'd barely eaten a thing since I boarded the train at Birmingham New Street and ate nothing on the Eurostar. So upon my check-in the receptionist ordered a pizza for me as their kitchen was closed (the pizza was disgusting but the hotel weren't to blame).

After check-in I was assigned a room, I think it was room 19, and was direct to the lift and told my room was on the first floor. I got in the very very small lift and wondered if it would break under the weight of me and my luggage combined! When the lift reached my floor, the door opened onto a closed door .... it was an initially terrifying experience and I thought the life had broken. I came to my senses and pushed on the closed door to find myself in a darkened corridor ... well it was black because there were no lights on again I was very scared and wondered what kind of hotel this was! I happen to have a little torch on my keyrings and used it to find the light in the corridor and made my way to my room.

I understand why the light was off, I felt I had stepped into the 80's nasty wall paper, plastic flowers and awful carpet ... this feeling when I stepped into my room .... oh lord!

The room wasn't big, but it wasn't small either it was ok with;
- a very low cheap bed, cheap thin bed sheets, small pillows
bedside tables
- an old-fashioned wardrobe which has unspecified pillows in but the place was so grim I felt I'd already risked my health using the pillows on the bed!
- a desk with snacks - I didn't touch these as I think they were part of the mini-bar (yes there was a selection of alcoholic beverages in a fridge to drown your sorrows with).
The carpet was patterned, dirty and dusty. I really felt dirty using the grimy plug to charge my mobile phone.
The TV was old-fashioned and small with a selection of channels (French/Flemish speaking), OK I'm English and I hate to be a archetypal British person abroad, but just BBC World Service would have sufficed since my stay was for business not pleasure - there were no English speaking channels.

The bathroom ... oh lord .... it looked like it belonged in a 1940's mental asylum it was awful .... truly horrible. It was clean-ish but was dark, even after eventually finding the light, the white utensils had turned a tooth-yellow colour and everything in there was unfashionable to the extreme.

I had a very bad night's sleep; I kept hearing water, possibly the room upstairs or next door flushing the toilet, there was noise from the street outside (I later realised the window had been left open) and the bed was lumpy and I was cold.

Breakfast .... it had been paid for, I decided to skip it going by the standard of the room I had slept in. Check-in was painless, I simply left the key on the desk as no-one was there and walked to my meeting.

The hotel is situated in a good spot and very close to Avenue Louise, but that's the only thing going for it ... it was a despicable experience in fact one of the worst hotel stays I've ever had.

I'd never return .... I'm surprised at the reviews this place has received and the pictures I've seen on trip advisor as my room was nothing like the one's in the pictures. All I can say is, I obviously have differing standards to others, but I stand by my review ... the place is grim!

Do yourself a favour .... do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Chachachingching
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Floris Ustel Midi
#1 of 15 in Ixelles
Sun Hotel
Sun Hotel
#14 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Hotel Beau Site? Share your experiences!