“Big rooms, convenient location”

Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The rates at the Marriott Executive Apartments were very good when we visited Brussels so we booked connecting rooms and therefore had tons of space for our family of five. We could have fit in one room but didn't want to have three kids to share sofa bed. Great location just a couple of blocks from Metro station or 15-20 minute walk to city center, shopping and all the chocolate and fries you can eat. Pool and restaurant shared at Renaissance Hotel right next door, which is also where you check-in. If I were to visit this hotel again, which I would, I probably wouldn't spend the money on the breakfast buffet at the Renaissance - kind of expensive relative to what you get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FiveHappyTravelers

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Returned from a 2 night stay at these apartments yesterday. Staff friendly on check in at the Renaissance Hotel next door. Also, at the hotel you can use their spa and restaurant facilities if you wish. Apartments were clean, spacious and comfortable with air con, two bathrooms, double bedroom and also a sofa bed in the living area, along with internet connection, 2 flatscreen TV's, dishwasher, microwave and a laundry room for guests to use along the corridor. These apartments are within easy reach of Luxembourg station for onward travel to neighbouring countries, and Troon metro station is also about a 5 minute walk away. Many bars and restaurants in local area and also a 'shop and go' mini supermarket. It's about 12 euros by taxi from Brussels Midi Eurostar Station to the apartments. Overall, a reasonably priced accommodation in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sand36
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good location - once you figure out where you need to check in. As you have to check in in the Marriott hotel and then walk over to the apartments. We did arrive quite late though and check in was still managed easily
Lovely one bedroom, with a well appointed little kitchenette.
Had access to free wifi for part of the day, which was all we needed.
Not right in the heart of Brussels but walking isn't that far.
Access to the gym was free of charge, though accessed via the basement car park and slightly confusing

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megwench
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Excellent choice in a heart of Brussels – a superb facility for a reasonable price. I originally booked a one bedroom apartment but was upgraded to a two bedroom with a large living room, kitchenette (with full cutlery), with a nice working desk, sofa and flat screen TV. All in all – an excellent apartment with all necessary facilities and two bedrooms and breakfast in the nearby Renaissance. Gym was offered free of charge also in the Renaissance. The apartment had two bathrooms. In the area there are many restaurants and cafes. If your business is related to EU institutions – you will be within walking distance from all major points of interest.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my first trip to Europe in July 2013 with my mom and my sister and it did not disappoint.

It was confusing when we got to the hotel for we had to go to the Marriott hotel next door to check-in and gain access to the apartments. Good thing I read another's review on this website before choosing the apartments and knew what to do. A couple good things of having the Marriott hotel next door was that we were able to utilize the amenities present such as the pool and the fitness center which they did not have at the apartment.

The room was bigger than what was expected especially for the price and the notion we previously had of European hotels (smaller rooms). There was a kitchen with a refrigerator along with two bathrooms so we did not have to worry about waiting hours just to use one. One bathroom was located near the entry of the apartment and the other was located through the bedroom so it was helpful if one had guests. One thing that confused me was the glass screen that covered part of of the bathtub to prevent water from escaping onto the floor. It did not stretch the entire length of the tub so I felt kind of exposed. One downside of staying at the apartments is that they was no free wi-fi in the room. One would have to go to the lobby of the apartments to take advantage.

All of the front desk clerks and other employees were very helpful from exchanging money to finding local stores to finding local things to do to helping out with baggage. I do not speak much French but most of the individuals who worked there spoke a good amount of English so what I needed help with was heard without a problem. They did what they could to make our trip the best we could have and greeted us kindly when we entered the lobby. They also allowed us to wait in the lobby after checkout for our ride who came two hours later and held our baggage until we were ready to go.

There are many nearby sites for one to see. We came during the week that the new king was to take over so there were many people outside celebrating. Also, the Palais Royal (Royal Palace) was not too far of a walk away to join in the festivities.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you looking for a place with a good price, with more space, and accessibility to a lot of different sites. I would put this on my list when I visit Brussels again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Right next to the Luxembourg metro station in brussels, we got a very good deal for this place. A value for money apartment on a weekend, very neat & clean place. The rooms are very spacious & a very good sofa cum bed for the kids, they really enjoyed jumping on it. Well equipped kitchenette. Nice clean bathrooms. The quality of furniture is very good. They serve a good breakfast at the adjoining Renaissance hotel & you can also use the fitness centre & pool at the hotel. It is ideally located for bus & train connections; & walking distance from shopping arcade. Overall it is an excellent choice for a family of four.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellerYG
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I like to stay in bigger rooms not usual cramped up rooms of London or Brussels hotels. Therefore, I am always in lookout for nice apartments. Marriott was excellent choice.

The apartments blocks are stone throw away from bus station and 5 mins walk from Troon metro station. I took a taxi from Midi train station, which was 10 mins ride and costed me around 9 Euros.

The service to the apartment is provided by Renaissance hotel (next door). I booked a one bedroom apartment which was quick massive. It had a large living room with a desk, sofa and flat screen TV. Nice size bedroom with all amenities. The kitchenette (microwave, stove etc) was good enough to cook some ready meal and cutlery was provided. The apartment had two bathrooms, that is quite good if you are expecting to invite some guests for meetings. The apartment has quite lounge down stairs with free tea/coffee machine. A quite and cosy place for chit-chat.

Near to the apartment, there are ample restaurants and eating place. So you won't have to travel to center of Brussels to enjoy the traditional french cuisine.

The only let down was service. I felt, some of the staff at the Renaissance were not 'friendly' enough as they should be in usual Marriott properties. I asked for few extra towels and it took me 2 reminders and 10 hours before they were delivered. At the breakfast time, the captain was bit rude and he was acting like he is doing distributing the food for free.

But let me clarify, other than these two incidents the staff was nice. Specially reception, they are trained and professional.

Overall I will give 4* to the apartment. I will definitely stay there again if I am in Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Professor07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
0 mi away
#9 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#74 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter? Share your experiences!