“Comfy hotel with friendly staff”

Hotel Argus Brussels
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 14 November 2009

After flying to Brussels with the intention of getting the train to Bruges where we had 3 nights hotel accommodation booked we found we had to make alternative arrangements because the trains were on strike and there were no buses to take us either. We therefore had to stay overnight in Brussels. We came across the Argus Hotel by chance and found it good place to stay. We got a good offer for overnight accommodation with continental breakfast. We had double bedroomed accommodation with 2 beds in each room so there was plenty of space. The bathroom was fine although it could have done with a bit of sprucing up. The reception staff were very friendly and were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 September 2009

I had a very pleasant 2-night stay at the Argus for an excellent week-end rate of 65 euros/night. The room was smallish but perfectly clean and VERY quiet! Excellent modern TV. The WiFi however didn't work and it seems I'm not the only one to have had difficulties...
Breakfast average, but perfectly OK.
Great location near the great Avenue de la Toison d'Or (cinemas, restaurants, between 2 metro stations)
Friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Since we've been living in Brussels in the past, we knew the location will be perfect for passing through the city in our way to nearby Holland. Just off the Ring, with parking, and walking distance to the Grand Place and mussels at "Chez Leon". We arrived late afternoon and left early the following morning. More than adequate for our purpose, including the room rate.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times in the past years, always for 1-3 nights and I really like it. It's very close to the subway, in a good district and prices are acceptable.

They have nice cosy restaurant in the basement and the breakfasts are OK. Rooms are small but not too small. The staff are friendly and helpful. As far as I remember they have introduced free wi-fi Internet recently.

Recommended, at least for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank WarsawTraveller
Reviewed 26 May 2008

Stayed in this hotel for a week end, 2 nights. The location is good, not far from the city centre and 5 min to the metro station. The receptionist were all so kind and helpful. I'ts 7th floor and each floor has 4-5 rooms. i'd booked a single room but i got a double bed. The room was big enough with TV, refrigerator and a good wardrobe. The bathroom was normally spacious but clean with extra towels. The only negative thing is that they didn't change the linen . The breakfast room is small and it's not selfservice , they take your breakfast to your table but it's enough and various. Newspapers available in the breakfast room too. The hotel has no restaurant but you can find various around. I definitely suggest to you, it has a good quality/price relation.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My family booked 2 adjoining rooms just after Christmas, Dec. 26-31, 2007. We were put on the top floor, which was odd since I don't think there were more than 2 or 3 other people staying in the hotel at the time. We were the only people at breakfast for 3 of the days. The desk staff were mostly friendly (one female desk clerk was not very nice when I tried to pay for a sightseeing trip with a credit card and when I told her the desk lamp in the room was broken). The dining room was very large for such a small hotel, very clean, and the breakfast was simple but more than sufficient, with the option of cooked eggs for one or two euros, a real bargain.

The hotel is in a good location, safe, excellent shopping, really close to a metro, and walking distance to Grand Place. It is just a few hundred feet from the Louise subway stop, on the same side of the road as the hotel, and that is only 2 stops away from the Gare Midi (Brussels South) train station. There are also movies theaters on the same block as the hotel if you need to down time after walking around all day. There were many places to eat nearby, but no grocery stores or markets nearby, at least the we could find. Also, it was very difficult to find an ATM that worked anywhere near the hotel. There is a huge indoor mall about 300 feet from the hotel.

The one really big negative: there is some strange art/sound exhibit next the hotel, and the noise from it runs through the entire building. The exhibit is huge, taking up about one-half a city block. It included a sound and laser-light show, starting in the early evening and going to 10:30pm or 11:00pm. The odd music plays over and over and over. It drove us crazy.

Also, the wireless internet system in the hotel did not work for me at all. My room was 5 feet from the hotel transmitter, but I could not connect with my email or with Google or CNN or any other major cite. I could not look up things about the places we were visiting in Belgium and France. I brought my laptop all the way from Ohio because the hotel advertised in room internet, and I was sorely disappointed.

About the rooms: very small, and no real dresser drawer space, but they were clean and comfortable and felt very safe. The bathrooms were spotless. The showers were a little odd, using a sprayer attachment as the shower head, and you could not really direct the spray at all.

One last note: if you are handicapped or have problems with stairs, do not stay here. The tiny elevator is only accessible by going down a flight a stairs from the lobby, or by going up a flight of stairs to the first floor.

Except for that bizarre light/sound show, I'd stay here again in a minute. I do not know if there were rooms that were better insulated from the noise--we were all settled in when we first heard the music, and we just did not want to pack everything up and start searching for a new room.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2008

Hi.

I stayed for just a night. The hotel website was informative , Staff polite and pretty active....Breakfast was really good. The hotel bathhroom a bit not maintained .... but at this price overall room was quite good as I got special discount price 60 euro,....guess much below their usual price...the hotel location is v good tooo.......

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Hotel Le Berger
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Aqua Hotel Brussels
Aqua Hotel Brussels
#72 of 198 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Argus Brussels? Share your experiences!