“Nice hotel if you don't expect too much...”
Review of Hotel Capital

Hotel Capital
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hotel is ok, if you don't expect to much on luxery, etc.
Parking too small for big(ger) cars
It's on a interesting location if you want to visit the centrum of Brussels. But also (if you're by car) you can also visit the area around.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2012

this is not a posh hotel, te rooms are quite small and basic (no coffee making faclities!), but if you just want somewhere to rest your weary bones after a long day shopping and site seeing then the place is brilliant.
The staff couldn't have done enough for us, from giving directions (repeatedly and very patiently after we we got lost twice) to making sure we ate enough at breakfast.
The breakfast was buffet style and kept us going all dday, loads of variety and the home made pain au chocolat were addictive.
I would go back there quite happily

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice R
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stayed 4 days in this hotel as a study abroad group of US College Students. The location is great. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly and understanding. When you figure in the price we paid against what we received, it was an excellent value and we will definitely return in the future trips.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 7 February 2011

i would not recommend this hotel. When I checked in, i found that bed sheets were not changed, telephone was not working and many lights were not working. When I told the manager, nothing was done. The person who came to fix telephone told me that hotel knew that telephone was not working and could not be fixed. They still assigned the room to us.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank davegood
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I stayed at the hotel in december for a weekend with my boyfriend and was generally pleased. The reception was very friendly and helped us plan our sightseeing trips to see brussels. I think the room I had been given had been painted in the last couple days since it still had the smell but when I mentioned it to the reception they changed my room directly and apologised. Breakfast was nice but the waitress didn't speak english, italian and her french was worse than mine (mine french is not good). I was a little disappointed by the TV as I expected that all hotels had LCDs by now but I didn't go to watch TV. They have a lovely lounge/bar that is open in the evening and I guess their bartender couldn't get to work because of the snow since it was the manager and the owner that served our drinks.

Overall I liked the hotel a lot and would defiantly go again :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicoleNapolitano
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Nothing special but it does the job. Breakfast is good, rooms are small but quiet. Useful location, you can walk down Avenue Louise to the city centre. Couple of good restaurants in the same street which saves having to make a big effort to go out.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank lowmaintenanceBrit
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I stayed at the Capital for 2 nights and chose the hotel purely for the location as I was attending meetings just down the road from it. Despite the location i was still late for my meeting on the 2nd day as check out took 20 minutes. A chaotic queue, broken computer but at least an apology.

The room was clean but very basic, small with 2 small beds and cramped plastic bathroom. I spent little time in the room as i was busy with work - my rating would have been a 1 if not.

On the positive side the breakfast was fine and the hotel is handy for the tram into town.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Baxie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Hotel Beau Site
#14 of 15 in Ixelles
Husa President Park
Husa President Park
#82 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Capital? Share your experiences!