Hotel Capital
Jam Hotel Brussels(Saint-Gilles)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Nothing special but it does the job. Breakfast is good, rooms are small but quiet. Useful location, you can walk down Avenue Louise to the city centre. Couple of good restaurants in the same street which saves having to make a big effort to go out.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank lowmaintenanceBrit
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I stayed at the Capital for 2 nights and chose the hotel purely for the location as I was attending meetings just down the road from it. Despite the location i was still late for my meeting on the 2nd day as check out took 20 minutes. A chaotic queue, broken computer but at least an apology.

The room was clean but very basic, small with 2 small beds and cramped plastic bathroom. I spent little time in the room as i was busy with work - my rating would have been a 1 if not.

On the positive side the breakfast was fine and the hotel is handy for the tram into town.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Baxie
Reviewed 1 October 2008

The rooms are tiny and shabby. The bathroom is very small. I could not close the door of the shower, so I flooded the bathroom floor. The spiral mattress was just terrible. The breakfast was reasonable.

Internet is available, but it's 17 euro for 24 hours. Quite expensive.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 May 2008

I stayed at the Capital on business and I thought from the room rate it would be a suitable hotel. How wrong I was!

The Louise district is quite nice but it deteriorates the closer you get to the hotel.

The room is tiny, even by UK standards (If you're from the USA, forget it), in a poor state of repair and the bathroom is basically a cupboard with an MDF door. There is no restaurant apart from the breakfast buffet which itself is basic.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for the Ritz or Hilton, a Travel Inn or Holiday Inn express would do just fine, I just expected more due to the room rate than a tiny shabby room in a shabby hotel miles from the centre of Brussels and the nearest Metro station is over a mile away.

The good thing was that the room was clean although the doors and furniture was all chipped which made it look dirty.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 November 2007

We have recently spent an uncomfortable night in a dreary room on the top floor of this hotel. Having come from a beautiful few days in Bruges staying at a lovely hotel but paying only a few pounds more, to say we were disappointed was an understatement!! The room was pokey and very poorly furnished and the bathroom was old fashioned and dingy. We mentioned our concerns to reception but no effort was made to improve things. Definitely not to be recommended!!

Stayed: November 2007