I am surprised at how well this hotel scores in some other reviews. Here are my observations which have led me to giving it a terrible rating.
1. The hotel receptionist was disinterested and more bothered about finishing the cigarette he was smoking outside than manning his post
2. One of the light fittings in my room had no cover, making it a safety hazard (see picture)
3. The TV in the room had been 'thrown at' the wall rather than being mounted on it - again it did not look safe (see picture)
4. The room had a wooden and not carpet floor. The silverfish I saw crawling across the floor presumably preferred it that way. (sorry, no picture)
5. The shower was small and the shower curtain kept attacking me.
6. The toiletries provided (for a so called 3* hotel) were a small bar of soap and an even smaller pot of something that called itself 'shampoogel'
7. The hotel is on a narrow side street which is relatively quiet at night but horrendously noisy from 6am to 11pm.
On the positive side - the hotel is a short walk from the fashionable Louise district of Brussels, the continental (read 'no hot food') breakfast was perfectly adequate, the bed was bed-shaped and had covers and pillows and all that (and I have to admit was reasonably comfortable). But none of these 'positives' outweighed the negatives, unfortunately.
At half the price it might have been an acceptable compromise. At full price, it was not cheap, nor cheerful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Brussels
- Hotel Beverly Hills Brussels, Belgium