“Budget Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
UK
“Budget Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here for 1 night a few weeks ago. It is average, clean enough though. It was ok enough for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Brussels is an expensive city so this place is a real bargain. For €43 I got a fair sized single room with a bath and breakfast. Admittedly, the room was in an annex 50 m from the main hotel but for the price that was fine. The annex had a lift and a security door so I felt quite safe. The hotel was in a quiet street but close to attractions and public transport links, and not fare from the city centre.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Hotel Beverly Hills was a centrally located, cute hotel offering a great value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

I wish there was a rating option for the hotel staff because even though I don't rate the hotel well on the listed categories, the staff more than made up for anything I could fault.

My experience began before I even arrived at the hotel. I generated my booking through Priceline and was well aware of the "no cancellation or change" policy. However, by contacting the hotel directly, I found the staff to be quite accommodating for my impromptu schedule change. Moreover, they were always pleasant and professional when responding to the multiple worried emails I sent. See, I was terrified I would arrive and find myself without a room since I technically had no confirmation code for my requested dates... But as I said, the staff proved friendly and forthcoming each time I emailed.

When I arrived, I further needed the room even earlier than anticipated due to a flight change. I was offered a complimentary breakfast and then let into my room ridiculously early with no trouble... they really were so wonderful. Each time I contacted the front desk, whether to get internet help, ask directions, or request sightseeing and logistical recommendations, I was greeted kindly and felt taken care of.

Unfortunately, however, I must otherwise rate this hotel as only average. Without the fabulous staff, I would be less inclined to return simply because the hotel itself was nothing extraordinary.

My room was a good size for this typical European city building, but had little in the way of decorations.

The bathroom, while containing all the necessities, had no flair. The bed was hard. The pillows were thin. The closet smelled TERRIBLE and I refused to keep clothing in it. The walls were thin enough for me to feel like my neighbor's TV was in my own room. The curtains were not thick enough to block all the evening sunlight, so my jet-lagged brain had trouble sleeping.

My particular room was on the second floor right over the lobby. Because it was warm out, and without A/C, I would have liked to leave the window open, but I quickly found the street corner and constant traffic to be too loud for sleep. I was left in a stuffy room or a noisy room, and I still haven't decided which was worse.

Other notes: the hotel is walking distance to multiple shopping areas. I enjoyed walking around, but it's also only two blocks to a taxi stand if you need one. There were a few parks nearby, too, with waffle trucks and ice cream. There is a market down a short hill, in a busy circle, so you can easily buy fresh food to keep in your room if desired. My room had a small fridge, so that worked well. There were other shops: chocolates, toys, clothes, etc - anything you could want.

The hotel restaurant only served breakfast to my knowledge, and it was very good buffet style food. Fresh breads, meats, cheeses, spreads, yogurts, all the standard drink offerings, etc. I did see a paper in the room mentioning that breakfast could be delivered, but I never saw mention of lunch or dinner, not that I asked.

As I said, I really felt the staff balanced many of my concerns because they really were just so wonderful. Always smiling and gracious, they definitely made my stay fabulous :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2010

The hotel is located on a small street in Brussels. First off, driving in the city is kinda crazy so if you do drive, be prepared for no-rules driving. So when we pulled up to the hotel, the staff came out and pointed out their parking garage directly across the hotel entrance which they opened for us so we could park. It costs 15 euro a day and I definitely recommend parking there because we saw a lot of parked cars that were clipped by other motorists and they just kept going on their way. When we entered the hotel, the first thing we noticed was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They were quick to point out the shopping district (which is about 3 min walk) and places to see in the city. The room itself was small (I don't really care about the size because I only need the room for sleep and shower) but it was very quiet. The only negative comment I had about the room is that the bed was very uncomfortable; it felt like 50 kids just finished jumping up and down on it for a few hours--way too soft and lumpy for my liking. It also creaked loudly with every move and I woke up several times a night to re-adjust positions. If we could get a room with a better bed, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

I stayed for 6 nights while attending a convention. The hotel is clean, relatively inexpensive (for Brussels) and well located within walking distance of the major downtown sites. Breakfast is included and is very good. My room was very small and basic, with one (small) bed, a desk, a chair, a luggage stand and a shelf - no closets or drawers, so there was no way to unpack. Room amenities are minimal (TV, hair dryer). Soundproofing is poor, with noise from stairs and other rooms. Definitely need ear plugs. My room was in a separate building and you have to be buzzed in every single time. WiFi costs 5 euros/stay, but didn't work in my room or in the dining room. There is a small fitness room with 4-5 machines which is included. However several machines were out of order or poorly maintained.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

We picked this hotel as it was fairly central, and reasonably priced but more importantly for us offered (for an additional $10 a day) private parking in a garage, which was a must for us. The hotel was lovely and clean, and all the staff were really friendly. They also all spoke enlgish which was a bonus. The breakfast was a good selection of cereal, cold meats and cheese, rolls, bread and croissants. Had no problems with our room. Was nice and warm, good size and everything you needed. The wireless internet costs $5 a day. The hotel is a 5min stroll from Avenue Louise with all the posh designer shops, and about a half hour walk from Grand Place. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
NH Brussels Stephanie
NH Brussels Stephanie
#3 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,004 reviews

Been to Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!