“Very good location for shops, transport links and old town”
Review of Hotel Le Berger

Hotel Le Berger
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a business related trip for two nights. The hotel is within walking distance of both the European Parliament area and the more historic old town. It is also close to the shopping area and the metro station, so scores highly on convenience.
The staff were friendly and helpful, helping me organise a very short railway trip to Mons. The room had a comfortable bed, enabling a decent night's sleep and, as my room was on the second floor, the lift access was fine. The room also had a multi-channel television.
All in all, I had a very good experience at Hotel Le Berger, and I would be happy to recommend it.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I already stayed twice in Le Berger during my business trips. The area of the hotel is a bit shabby but I never felt unsecure. A few steps from the hotel a well known shopping street can be found (Rue d'Ixelles). Within a short walk you can reach the Porte Namur bus-station with plenty busses as well as the metro-station. It takes a 15-20 minutes walk to the old city center and a 10-15 minutes walk to the European quarter.

The hotel itself is in a quite good condition. It's not that sort of a chain hotel, it rather has the charme of a private-led hotel (i think there are about 20 rooms). The rooms are in a good condition, unfortunately a bit small. For two persons it may get difficult... The bathrooms are quite new with nice "rain-showers". The beds/mattresses are very nice, I always sleep very well. This is a big PLUS for me! I have to sleep often in standard-hotel-beds with average mattresses. The staff was alway nice and helpful - the reception is open for 24hrs.

At the ground floor the hotel has a nice restaurant, which I can recommend for having dinner. Nice ambient and quality food.

What I absolutely don't like about the Le Berger: The room-price is above average but the breakfast is not included. The price for breakfast seems to me a bit ridicoulus.

Nevertheless, I fully recommend Le Berger!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

No consistency in this hotel.
On internet it look good when you reach the place it is little disappointment.
The rooms have no locks no phone and very small bathroom.
The internet connection is very very low ... always breaking connection ...difficult to work with.
The service can be excellent like very bad ... depend on who you talk to.
The bar is nice and the food is ok.
The breakfast is good.
The terrible think is the noise in the street especially at 6:30 am... few trucks are loading and unloading material and making a hell of noise.
if you look for fun and price.... not for comfort .... then it is ok ...

Room Tip: the road is extremely noisy ....
1  Thank Amédée S
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have to say I was skeptical about the hotel, but an EU summit and prices of traditional business hotel chains left me with little choice. So I ended up booking Le Berger and afterwards I was glad I did.

The hotel is located very near to a metro station with lots of shops nearby. The staff was very welcoming and they never asked me about my room number - they just remembered me straight away, which was really impressive. The atmosphere in the hotel is pretty unique and you'd definitely never get that in a chain hotel.

The breakfast is nothing to marvel at but everything is fresh and good. Fresh juices and espresso felt luxurious. On a negative side, some plates and foods were out of stock and the staff seemed more focused on keeping the tables clean than re-stocking.

Many people have complained about the room size but that wasn't an issue for me. If I was a light sleeper the noise from stairs, other rooms and down stairs would have been an issue (my room was on the first floor). Personally I just liked the small space and music/noises coming softly from the bar.

Travelled alone on business. Stayed for two nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We went with a friend for the weekend. The location of this hotel is amazing since you are nearby to everything. The reception girl was super helpful and kind. The only negative part was the bar of the hotel that was slow. No worries though there are many nice places around to go.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Got here for 1 night before flying off the Belgium.
First of all thus hotel will be not very good for those, who's going to visit Delirium and drink lots of beer here: hotel is quite far (about 1.5-2km) from historical part and I'm not sure that it will be comfortable to return here after couple pints.
Hotel placed in very quiet street, but it looks not too save (some black man on near street tried to offer me something illegal).
Room is very small: only bed and nothing more. No place to put baggage.
Breakfast quite good, but common. And there are no hot food.
Resume: not bad hotel, but quite far from Grand Markt with very small rooms.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

First time to ever write on trip advisor. Just back from 4 nights with my girlfriend after staying at this hotel. There was €200 taken from my girlfriends suitcase. I went straight to the reception, said what had just happened and was met with an automatic response of "its the first time in 16 years this has happened" Since then i've heard people say theft is most likely to happen on the last night. That when it happened. The worst part is (besides leaving a bitter taste in our mouths from belgium after my xmas present for herslf) was that when i was in reception, i was made to feel like i was making false aqusations. Never again. Save yourselves the bother

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Pantone Hotel
#1 of 15 in Ixelles
Vintage Hotel Brussels
Vintage Hotel Brussels
#1 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Hotel Le Berger? Share your experiences!