“Good Greek nouvelle cuisine”
Review of Philema

Philema
Ranked #7 of 217 Restaurants in Ixelles
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I went already more than 6 times to this little restaurant either for lunch or dinner. Everything that is served is based on traditional Greek recipes with the elaborated touch of the Cretan Chef Manos who is transforming his grandma's recipes (and not only) to little tasty jewels! It is true that the size of the plates is this of tapas but with four of them I think that two adults are covered. In the weekends they serve breakfast from 10:30 to 13:00 with coffee and creamy sweet or cheesy pies. From time to time they serve menu "degustation".
The total price per person depends of how many dishes you have or the menu that they serve that day but for a normal full meal it could be around 30-35 euros.
At the restaurant you can also buy Greek products of all kinds. If for whatever reason the waiter cannot explain you what is in the dish, just ask for the owners or the Chef himself.

2  Thank Effie S

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went with my wife and a friend to this restaurant following the recommendations of several Greek friends. The local is very modern Since it was our first visit and was not familiar with many of the dishes I would have liked to receive some recommendations from the waiter, who just told us we should order at least two plates per person. We ended up ordering the starter sampler and the meat sampler. Since we were afraid it would not be enough food, we order several other dishes. Everything was very nice but the meat sampler was way too much food for us three after having had so many other dishes earlier so we ended up leaving more than half. I personally found the waiter very cold thorough the dinner, although my wife seemed to disagree with me. At the end, the owner or the chef came to talk to us and he was much more pleasant and interested in our opinion. Overall, it was a good meal and I'm willing to come back but this time I won't go for the meat sampler dish.

2  Thank Kongen04
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We went there on Sunday noon family of 5 for lunch! We had great expectations since we love Greek food but they weren't met at all!
Portions were very very small , Spanish tapas size! Taste was great but we had to order 2 of each dish in order to feed our appetite! Deserts were ok but value compared to portions was disappointing !

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Brand new Greek restaurant in Brussels. The combination of a great chef and charming owners make this a very special place to eat. Original and fresh local ingredients shipped all the way from Greece, very good wine selection, very affordable prices, and a welcoming atmosphere. If you try it once you will want to go back.

1  Thank cuciniere
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you want to eat pure and original greek tastes then "philema" is the right one. The materials were absolutely pure (try the olive oil to get an idea) and this affects the final taste which is excellent.
The chef has talent and cooks with love for his customers.Certainly i will visit this restaurant again, on my next trip in Brussels.