“Amazing Beds”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed for an anniversary weekend. The staff were very friendly, the hotel was hip and swish whilst enjoying the efficiency of a well known brand. The rooms were comfortable and probably standard European sized rooms. The two best things about this hotel were the beds, which were amazing, and the terrace bar, which was just a lovely place to relax in the evening. Also it had free internet which was a plus.

Downside was that the breakfast was expensive for what it was. Overall we would definitely go back if in Brussels.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband uses the Le Louise hotel for business and given it's perfect location for great shopping and restaurants, we decided to stay here for a weekend away.

On arrival, we were greeted by very friendly, smartly dressed front of house staff and were able to get straight into our room.

The room itself was a standard classic room, more than adequate and spotlessly clean with l'occitane toiletries and bathrobes etc. Also, nice to see an iron and board supplied in the room which was useful.

The bed was fantastic, big and soft and thanks to the black out curtains we didn't surface until 11 am the next morning - unheard of for the parents of three small children!

We had drinks in the outside bar before dining out, slightly slow service but it was very busy and there only seemed to be a couple of waiting staff. I can highly recommend the Mojitos!

After dinner out at a fantastic restaurant specialising in Moules frites recommended by concierge, we had a nightcap back in the hotel. Very impressed with the DJ mixing some top funk!

Thanks to our ludicrous lie in on the first night, we set the alarm for the second night and had room service breakfast - delicious and exactly on time.

One tiny complaint was that the hotel seemed to think my husband was travelling alone. We only had one bathrobe, one bottle of water and one little box of chocolates left out at turn down both nights. I mentioned this on checkout only to be told that this is hotel policy only to leave one of everything out even when there are two guests in the room! Bit odd but had no impact on our enjoyment!!

We enjoyed a superb, grown up weekend in an uber stylish hotel in a fantastic city, would thoroughly recommend the Sofitel Louise and we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ablegail
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is on Avenue Le Louise, across from Louis Vuitton - which gives an idea of the neighborhood. It is a very pleasant street, and the location is 2 minutes walk from the metro station to get around Brussels. I was upgraded as an Accorhotels member to a King Room on the quiet side of the hotel, and it was immaculate; clean, smelled like lavender, and had all the amenities I could ask for. But my room had stand-up rain shower only, no tub. It is modern comfort with designer style, and breakfast was included with my package for 4 nights. It was a buffet type, with eggs any style. All very good, the breads were very fresh every day, as were the pastries and cheeses, etc. The only downside, there are cut up fruit mini-cups, and on my first morning, some of them were spolied, so stick to the regular fruit and cut it up yourself! Otherwise, the fitness room is tiny, they could use a few more machines, but it's fine for quick cardio. There is no pool, or I would have given 5 stars to it! Will stay here again, and recommend it highly. The concierge, Mariano, is a gem; ask him anything and he will help you out with anything! Merci Sofitel! Miss ya!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the other side of the hotel, not on Louise Ave.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank montrealguy34
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I booked this hotel as part of a short European getaway for my fiancée and I. We have seen quite a bit of Europe, but Belgium has for some reason always been neglected. As the Eurostar runs right into Brussels, and we have grown tired of airport security, I decided to give it a whirl.

We have stayed in a few Sofitel hotels and have always had very positive experiences. This was no different. The hotel has very quirky furnishings which we really liked, you kind of get a feel for it straight away as you take the escalator up to reception.

The room we stayed in was great, furnished in a very modern way, and a truly outstanding walk in shower. You can tell they cater for the corporate market, but as we stayed over a weekend (Friday and Saturday night), we took advantage of much reduced rates.

Our one problem with the design of the room is that the bathroom door was sliding, and therefore was nowhere near being flush with the wall. On this basis, the gaps surrounding the door meant that in the bedroom, you could hear everything that was going on in the bathroom. Being British, we like our privacy, and I would say this was the one and only downfall.

We did actually change rooms, not because of this, but because the cistern to the toilet was dripping very slowly. We heard it as soon as we arrived in the room, but reception were incredibly helpful. They tried to rectify the problem whilst we were out wandering around Brussels, but when we came back, the problem still existed. We changed to a different room immediately.

The location is good, but bring your credit card for some of the shops which are close by! The Grand Place is probably about a 15-20 minute walk away, but it’s a pleasant wander.

I find it hard to rave about this place as we actually found Brussels a little boring. Not being massive culture vultures, there wasn’t a lot for us to do. What I did enjoy was the platters of local beer you could buy, and the offer half was a massive fan of the chocolate shops! We spent a day in Bruges too, and I would certainly recommend that. A very charming and picturesque place.

Anyway, clearly my take in Brusseld is not a reflection of the hotel. As per usual, the Sofitel didn’t disappoint, it was comfy and modern, and spotlessly clean. We will continue to use these hotels as we have never had a bad experience, I just don’t think we’ll be back to Belgium any time soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeJackson82
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

If external appearances deceive, then Sofitel exterior does. The space allocation is clever and decor flattering to the narrow corridors. Great efficient reception with a gratis upgrade.
The room was comfortable and the bed even more so. Bathroom amenities were stylish and tasteful decor. Only gripe was the coffee machine - you need a degree to operate this and we were 2 people with 4 university degrees and found it difficult ;-)
Check out was very efficient and we thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Location was great, on same block as metro and near great shopping/restaurant area, nice base for walking to most of the major sights. Room was modern and clean (most important to me) but the bathroom was small and dark. The bathroom in particular was not up to Sofitel standards based on others I have stayed in elsewhere which were really luxurious. Front desk staff were very pleasant at check-in, however I had various issues with the service (not all major things, but below the standard that I have come to expect from Sofitel!): the turn-down maid came while I was in the room, I asked her to return in an hour (I needed more towels and water, etc) then went out for a few hours; she never returned at all. Ordered room-service for breakfast, and their staff came by the room 3 times before I was finished eating to retrieve the cart (!); in fact, on the 2nd try, he just opened the door and walked in-- I was in my bathrobe, so this was extra highly inappropriate. And finally, I had to call my airline to confirm something and asked the Concierge for the local number of the airline. Before dialing the number he provided me from the room phone, I asked how much it cost to make a local call; he told me 1.30Eur flat rate. When I checked out a few hours later, I had a bill for $18Eur for my 30 minute phone call. When I brought it to the front desk agent's attention, he was entirely inflexible, and didn't even offer an apology for the Concierge's mistake even if he couldn't remove the charge. It was a very off-putting way to end the stay. All in all, wouldn't stay here again in Brussels. Clean hotel and nice location but that's it.

1 Thank callippo
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This was a quick Eurostar escape for a weekend break. The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the station. The hotel has a cosy feel to it, the lay out makes it feel larger. It somehow lacks the wow factor for a 5 star hotel. The rooms are small, but very comfortable. For a weekend city break, it is perfect. Perfect location for shopping and for the attractions. The only downfall, was Brussels itself, which we found to be particulary dirty, (litter everywhere)so much so, that we went to Anrtwerp for the day! The biggest dissappointment however, was the Eurostar itself, having delays on both the outbound journey as well as the return. What was most infuriating was the delay on the return leg - we were held at a station ( where we were offered to disembsark!) while they cleared ques at passport control at St Pancreas!

Room Tip: We overlooked the side street, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Steigenberger Wiltcher's
#22 of 199 in Brussels
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,340 reviews
Hilton Brussels Grand Place

Been to Sofitel Brussels Le Louise? Share your experiences!