There are some good and some bad about it, some very very bad things... My wife and child stayed 3 nights in a Junior suite.
The good points: Sofitel Le Louise is very well located, closed to shops and public transport; and for those with a delicate palate, there is a wide range of restaurants and cuisine choices in the area. Re: food at the hotel, the breakfast is very french and light but also tasty (avoid the pancakes!). The location is kind of a nice and probably the poshest shopping area of Brussels. The hotel was recently refurbished with a soft modern but heavy trendy touch making it at "international" standards. Bed is very comfortable. The 'So Bed' is worth a try. The staff tries its best to put a nice face and seems genuine in wanting to help.
The bad: rooms are dusty, and can seem uncleaned at times (stained carpet, toilet paper from previous guest left swimming in the toilet, smelly towels, lipstick on glasses in the mini bar, etc.). To be honest, if you complain, for the small things like towels, lipsticks, etc., they'll try to sort something out. For the issues requiring effort (cleaning, bedding, etc) they'll try more than actually do something about it.
- we like to have an extra flat sheet on the bed to feel tucked but also in case its get too warm with the duvet. So we always make it a request at booking. On this occasion although we stayed 3 nights we had to remind the reception every single day as housekeeping kept on forgetting. Effectively this means making our own bed everyday. Reminder: this is rated "5* hotel"!!
- We also had to request ( everyday) that they put at least one towel per person. We had only 2 for the 3 of us.
- the bedroom had broken rails hangers so the curtains couldn't be pulled fully, meaning that we were awake at 5 am, on a weekend after late nights out visiting, as we couldn't make use of the blackouts. Although we complained every morning and asked to be put in a different Jr. Suite, nothing was done about it. No one really seemed to care, really. Like it was this hotel' standards..
Without being cliche, even if Belgium is not best known for its customer service, this level of service for guests staying in a Suite of a 5 stars international chain hotel is just unacceptable. Very disappointing, indeed.
For these reasons, it's not a hotel I'd recommend. However, if you can afford to spoil a day or two of your holidays/trip then be adventurous, come and pay for poor service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Sofitel Brussels Le Louise a luxury hotel in Brussels prestigious Avenue Louise district nestled amid quiet streets lined with chestnut trees designer boutiques and art deco mansions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, ACCOR and Southall Travel so you can book your Sofitel Brussels Le Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Hotel Ixelles
- Accor Brussels Le Louise
- Brussels Sofitel
- Sofitel Brussels Le Louise Belgium