“Ok but billed as 4*???”

Ramada Brussels Woluwe
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed in Brussels for Andre Rieu concert (which was fantastic!!!!). Room was ok but working the shower proved a bit of a challenge as did finding the mains adaptor.Go on Guess!!!! It was in the safe!!! Obviously a valuable item on holiday but stashed in the safe????
Reception staff not terribly helpful, I asked for extra pillows and was informed that they didn't have any!! Was advised to fold a towel and use that, which wasn't particularly helpful.
The meal in the restaurant was reasonable but pricey. Breakfast was ok and good continental selection, best hotel coffee I have had. I was on a coach tour so did not choose the hotel. Bit awkward to get to and seemed too far away from the town centre unless you were going to get a taxi. Ok after long days travelling on a coach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank amanda p
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you for this review that observed all our attention.

Referring to your issues, please note our remarks:

1. The main adaptor is clearly markes with 'Main Light'
2. All safes include power adaptor for UK people, this is an interesting service free of charge. Business people enjoy this service as they do not need to buy or borrow one at reception.
3. Each room includes 2 extra pillows in the wardrobe , we think there has been a misunderstanding with the receptionist here, we regret any inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Brussels Woluwe

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed here for a Saturday night whilst travelling on further. My main complaint is that when booking in they should give you the address for the parking area,as to get to it from front of hotel(which does the hotel no favours as the flats opposite look rough) is nightmare,and I have to say the staff were not very helpful I had to ask more than once for the address for sat nav,without which I would have never thought of driving so far as its a 5-10 drive from front of hotel around the streets to get to back where parking is,and as for then charging 5 euros to basically park in a non secure car park.
Once in the room it was a large room,and very clean.Though in daylight hours the lights do not work,i take it that is something they do to be green.Also even though there was two of us we only got one key,so when I went out I couldn't take key as it controlled the electric.The shower was a little hard to work out,also I didn't like the fact even though it was just the motorway outside the bathroom window there was no blinds etc just a clear window.
The free wifi was really good,and worked better than most in hotels.
The breakfast was ok,nothing over the top great about it but quite a lot to choose from.
There is a big supermarket(Cora)within walking distance,and opposite where you have to go to use the road to get to parking.Also because of once living in the area I know the Woluwe shopping centre is just a short drive away,as is the centre of Brussels.
All in all I would use this hotel again on trips to Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Good morning from Brussels !

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review.

We feel really sorry regarding the parking access, please find on our website following link to manage arrival without searching: http://www.ramadabrusselswoluwe.be/lang/en/images/parking/parking-driving-guidelines.pdf
We hope this will help you in finding correct access.

We hope to welcome you next time, excellent regars,

Stephane De Bruyn, General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed there in June 2013 firstly for a few days independently on holiday and later joining the Cosmos tour group.

After 2 days of travelling, international airports and no sleep, we arrived at the hotel, just want to freshen up and rest. Only to be told they had a problem with our booking! The last thing a weary traveller needs. They advised that they were told to cancel our booking on 1 May (which was definately NOT the case, and we gave no such instruction). I gave them my receipt as at 8 May, showing up-front payment in full and voucher. (The date alone superceded whatever false instruction they received which clearly wasn't for us). But they insisted on an upfront payment of 100 Euro's (although we had already paid in full upfront on 8 May- they didn't even look at the proof of payment I produced). An international call to our travel agent back home, and they then acknowledged it and refunded our 100 Euros. I shudder to think of what would have happened if I hadn't been able to phone our efficient travel agent, as the reception staff were unprepared to sort out their error or acknowledge that our full payment was made on a date after their so-called cancellation!(And the frontline staff and Supervisor are fluent in English). They just weren't bothered.

Other than that, comfortable clean, spacious room, convenient, fast,free internet and great breakfast. The days before we joined our tour group, when we were booked privately, we had full buffet, including English breakfast. Full hot breakfast and full continental with a wonderful choice of cheeses, meats, fruits, breads, pasteries etc. One of the best selection we saw out of 6 hotels we stayed in Europe. Once joining the tour, we had to eat in the group and only had the continental, not English breakfast. It was very good, with a satisfactory range of food and plenty to eat. It is good that they separate tour groups from other diners. Only issue was the chef didn't understand English, but not a major problem.

I noted the reviews on this page prior to our holiday that it is apparantly so far from everything. We had no such issues. 10 minute luxury official airport taxi drive away, and regular buses right outside the hotel- how convenient. Having seen such filth in the centre of Brussels city, I was glad to be staying in a quiet, clean and leafy suburb, away from central Brussels!

The rooms are also super-spacious, lovely bathroom, everything you need. Pity they turn away paying customers, owing to (their) administrative errors and frontline staff.

If I was in Brussels again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. But I would be sure to take plenty of airtime for international calls, in case the hotel messes up my long-in-advance-and-paid-for-booking again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear valuable customer,

Thank you for yor very argumented comments and information.
We regret that the payment issue was caused due to an international payment without reference number. We realise that this should have been organised in a more efficient way.

We would also like to thank you for your different commenting words on the service and accommodation level.
Hope to see you very soon in Brussels ! Best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Nice modern room, with decent beds. Shower fixture was a bit confusing.
Wifi wasn't included in the tour group rate and was an additional 5E per 24hours. Though receptionist didn't inform me about it I did locate a terminal next to reception and got IE to work (its hidden) to check mail.
Breakfast was ok, did not have many options for vegetarians.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear RK,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor Review and comments.
We will more focus on vegetarian dishes for the group breakfast buffet, kindly note that the individual buffet (supplement) includes 15 vegetarian options for all tasts.

We hope to see you soon back at the Ramada Brussels, excellent regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I love the hotel and its spacious room, the room design is quite comfortable with plenty of places to put your things, there is a long narrow table across the room along side the window. Bed is comfortable with extra pillows kept in zipped plastic pockets in the closet, which convince me of its cleanliness. The room is equiped with plenty of electric socket to charge your gadget. I charged all my gadget the night I stayed there, unluckily I missed to unplug a nokia cellphone I just bought a few months earlier, and left it behind as I travel away in the next morning. I have informed a reception staff by phone from Amsterdam, the next day, and Ms.Thi, the reception staff promised to ask the housekeeping for me, but it turn out that they never found it, what a shame.
The breakfast is given within a range of time, maybe because we are in a group tour, which was rather unfriendly I think.
Their lift is a little bit confusing as they sometimes open and close too rapidly, so guests with lots of luggage can go up and down in the lift because can't make it to come out on their purpose floor.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Anita Jo,

We thank you for your Tripadvisor information regarding your stay at the Ramada Brussels.
Please note this matter is very important to us.

First of all, we would like to express our regrets regarding the lost electricity device socket.
The purpose of our house is to maximise the clients’ satisfaction and improve hospitality.

Unfortunately, please note we do not accept your open information as such the staff would not be honest. We are unable to take the responsibility of your forgotten items in the room or lobby.
We always return lost items, we can send tons of thanking letters.
As we did not find any electricity device loader (we did request our fix chambermaid who cleaned your room) we suppose you did not leave it in the room. Focussing on the honesty of the staff would be unfair and deontologically unacceptable. Our staff is screened and trained.
In a lot of circumstances the chambermaids even find a lot of money left alone or forgotten in the guestroom safe. They therefore do not take the items.

We assure you of our best services at all times.
Yours sincerely,

Stephane De Bruyn

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The main advantage of this hotel is its location in a very quite, green and residential area of Brussels (despite being very close to the speedway and ring around Brussels which makes it very easily accessible by car). Although, you reach city center in 10 minutes by car and there is a bus stop in front of the hotel (connecting you to metro or European institutions area). Neither restaurant nor pubs in the area, except in commercial gallery of Hypermarket located at 5 min walking distance (open from Monday to Saturday but close on Sunday).

The hotel is new (less than 2 years), modern, very clean and room furniture are 'functional'. The hotel restaurant is not really 'cosy' but overall ok. Gym is small.

Overal, interesting hotel tx to its location in a very calm and residential area

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear valuable guest,

We thank you for your review comment at tripadvisor, this information is very important to us.

Referring to your information we are very pleased with your detailed arguments and hope to see you soon at the Ramada Brussels Woluwe. Do not hesitate to contact me personally for any new reservation.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Our family of 4 (parents and 2 adult children in their early 20s) stayed at this hotel for 1 night and were delighted with the accommodations. We had a set of twin beds and a large sofabed, all of which were quite adequate and comfortable. The bathroom was also large and nicely done, with plenty of towels for the 4 of us. The only drawback was getting to the parking lot for the hotel. If you don't have GPS, good luck! You have to take a convoluted route and when you get to the parking area, there is either the parking garage for $10/night (I couldn't get my big rental Mercedes Vito van into it, I didn't think) or outside parking for $5/night. We weren't sure how the parking outside worked and had to go in in ask. Evidently there are these metal signs which, if they are lying on the ground mean that the parking space is available. You just drive over it and park between the white lines. It would have been appropriate to explain that to us to when we asked about parking. While the staff was friendly, I spent a good amount of time waiting to get checked in while both front desk clerks worked on another person who seemed to have a concern. It should have been handled by one and the other should have helped us. Overall, though, we were very happy with the room and the location and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear valuable guest,

Referring to your information we are very pleased with your detailed arguments in onder to better orgabise the acces and map information to arrive at the garage and private parking space. We hope to see you soon at the Ramada Brussels Woluwe. Do not hesitate to contact me personally for any new reservation.

Stéphane De Bruyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
FunKey Hotel
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Gresham Belson Hotel

Been to Ramada Brussels Woluwe? Share your experiences!