“For business travellers who just need a place to sleep”

Ramada Brussels Woluwe
New Delhi, India
“For business travellers who just need a place to sleep”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I checked in at Ramada Brussels twice in Sept 2013 during my business trips in Brussels. The rooms are average with basic amenities. The service at reception was awful. It took me 30 minutes to check in as there was only one person & he was busy attending calls. The food options at breakfast were limited & the 4 cheese pasta I tried for dinner was awful. There are no places nearby for dinner & one needs to travel to Schuman for dine in options. The only good thing is that there is a bust halt just outside the hotel which connects hotel to schuman via bus no 79 from where one can connect to other bus routes & metro.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor on left side are better than rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Good day from Brussels,

Thank you for your feedback.
After having analysed your remarks, kindly note we have requested our Chef to overlook all items and enhance quality on our proposed Menu items.

Your remarks were very intersting and they will help us to increase quality of our food.
Excellent regards,

Stéphane De Bruyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I visited this hotel already many times. I need to be in the area for business. Nice place to stay, no prestige but excellent rooms, modern decorated and nice staff. Maybe not in the centre but you know beforehand. Breakfast is more than ok with different corners. Parking space underground for my rented car. They have high occupancy, frequently fully booked, so sometimes lobby can be crowded. But what's the point. Will travel back to this hotel.
O yes, try the typical 'Steak Tartare' (fresh cutted meat) with french fries. I love it, again no innovative kitchen, but good standard for fair price.

Room Tip: Ask for Executive upgrade if possible
Dear Derek,

Thank you for your information regarding the Ramada Brussels.
We hope to see you soon and wish you excellent regards,

UK
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed here during a show at the Expo which may have contributed to the ridiculous 366euro price, excluding breakfast at 19Euro!
Web site quotes 20mins to nearest station but it took me a fast 25mins and I am fit and over 6 feet so pretty fast walker - also needed smartphone maps to find it as it's not easy. Alternative is a bus then try to find the Metro entrance at either Diamant or Schuman stations.
My room was the same as the large "professional" picture in the TA title with a sofa bed and twin beds. There were no power outlets anywhere near the bed on either side so my phone was at the other end of the room on charge (and as the alarm).
Breakfast OK but no way worth 19Euro.
Checkout was slow.
Not sure if the price is more reasonable at other times but not worth half what I paid. Don't bother staying here unless you drive then it's great as it's literally adjacent to the E40.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. We understand your position as the hotel sold you one of the last rooms during fair period Labelexpo. Rates are higher for all Brussels during this sole week.

Without car our hotel is easy acces with the bus 79 line.

Excellent regards

Stéphane De Bruyn

Travellers are raving about these Woluwe-Saint-Lambert hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times due convenient location for the office I visit when travelling on business. I think rooms vary a bit, but they all have been okay, some of them even excellent. Bed is comfortable, furnishing is nice and functional. Also cleanliness varies from very good to so-so. My latest perception was that vacuuming should be more thorough and once there were even dried puke in my room. 

Breakfast is bit pricey, but selection and quality was enough for me. Food in restaurant (I have tried it only once) was not more than fair. Service in restaurant was extremely slow and rude (e.g. waiting for invoice over 30 min).

My biggest headache with this hotel is service over all. Quite often they are short on resourcing and service is slow, but even worse is that it’s usually un-friendly and not service minded at all. But to be fair, one of them (Albert?) is always polite. Sometimes when travelling you might have special requests like asking them to call a taxi etc. but those requests are not appreciated in this hotel and you feel very un-welcome.

For me if there wouldn’t be the location aspect I would probably stay elsewhere even it's nice hotel, but I just can't accept poor service.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper you would like to consider rooms not facing to A3/E40.
Good afternoon

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately I do not have your name written on the posting.
Would you be able to send me a small note regarding your last experience, only in order to have your Email address and to observe a better serviec next time you come to the Ramada Brussels.

We regret the experience before,warmest hospitality regards

UK
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked a 'suite' at this hotel via hotels.com for an overnight business trip in August 2013. According to the confirmation email the room was meant to have two twin beds. Not ideal as I don't like the way you can feel the join between the beds but that was the best that was on offer. I ended up having 2 single beds.

Whilst the room was very clean I felt the layout was quite poor, for example the TV was fixed on the wall above the desk at such an angle that it wasn't possible to watch TV from bed unless I craned my neck at an uncomfortable angle. The power sockets were located above the desk and by one of the light switches but there was no power socket near the bed. To get the electricity supply working in the room you must put your key card in a slot by the door. I understand why hotels do this but the end result is that the alarm clock on the desk had to be reset every time the power was turned back on. I would suggest removing the clock completely as it is useless like this.

The guest information brochure made mention a few times that they use an IP telephone system in the hotel but that seemed to be broken - the phone in my room didn't work I thought because the ethernet cable was damaged but even after replacing it it didn't work. This was a problem as the wireless internet connection (which the guest information guide made a point of saying was very fast and reliable) was completely unusable. It would work for 10 minutes and then for the next hour or so I couldn't even see the network broadcasting. I had the same problem with my laptop and iPad. Had the IP phone been working I could have plugged my laptop into the back of the phone. End result - no internet access from the room unless I used expensive tethering from my mobile phone which I did as there was some work I had to get done. I presume the issue was known though as when I left the following morning there was a maintenance man replacing some network equipment in a cupboard outside my door.

I really did not like the bathroom layout, for some reason rather than use an alcove for a lovely walk in shower they put the toilet there and the bath and shower (very nice and powerful shower by the way) right next to the window with just a net curtain that went seethrough when wet for privacy from the outside world. I know the window mostly overlooked the E40 road but I didn't like the lack of privacy.

One of the windows in the room had a big crack in it (see attached picture) which whilst it didn't cause a problem as such was unsightly and not something I would expect any hotel, irrespective of grade to leave unfixed.

Breakfast was ok, the coffee was particularly good. Getting to the restaurant wasn't terribly easy as the signage in the hotel is very lacking. The 1st floor was labeled in the lift (be careful of the doors by the way, they shut very quickly) was having the restaurant but I saw no signs for it. It turns out the restaurant is indeed on the 1st floor but you have to go through 2 unsigned doors to reach it.

There was a hand written hotel from the hotel manager on the bed for me. I would prefer that he spends less time writing nice welcome notes and more time fixing such things as broken windows.

Location wise, this hotel was perfect, it was about a 3 minute walk from where I had a business appointment the following morning but despite this I won't stay here again even though I am occasionally visiting this location.

Admittedly I did not talk to any of the staff about my gripes whilst I was there as I was feeling quite unwell so after unpacking I didn't want to have to move rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

We thank you for this review and observed the window problem.

First of all, we would like to express our regrets regarding this inconvenience.
The purpose of our house is to maximise the clients’ satisfaction and improve hospitality.

We have also noted your information on the bathroom, unfortunately this will be difficult to change

We assure you of our best services at all times.
Yours sincerely,

Stephane De Bruyn
Ganaral Manager
rotherham
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed in Brussels for Andre Rieu concert (which was fantastic!!!!). Room was ok but working the shower proved a bit of a challenge as did finding the mains adaptor.Go on Guess!!!! It was in the safe!!! Obviously a valuable item on holiday but stashed in the safe????
Reception staff not terribly helpful, I asked for extra pillows and was informed that they didn't have any!! Was advised to fold a towel and use that, which wasn't particularly helpful.
The meal in the restaurant was reasonable but pricey. Breakfast was ok and good continental selection, best hotel coffee I have had. I was on a coach tour so did not choose the hotel. Bit awkward to get to and seemed too far away from the town centre unless you were going to get a taxi. Ok after long days travelling on a coach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank amanda p
Dear Sir,

We thank you for this review that observed all our attention.

Referring to your issues, please note our remarks:

1. The main adaptor is clearly markes with 'Main Light'
2. All safes include power adaptor for UK people, this is an interesting service free of charge. Business people enjoy this service as they do not need to buy or borrow one at reception.
3. Each room includes 2 extra pillows in the wardrobe , we think there has been a misunderstanding with the receptionist here, we regret any inconvenience.

Excellent regards

Reading,UK
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed here for a Saturday night whilst travelling on further. My main complaint is that when booking in they should give you the address for the parking area,as to get to it from front of hotel(which does the hotel no favours as the flats opposite look rough) is nightmare,and I have to say the staff were not very helpful I had to ask more than once for the address for sat nav,without which I would have never thought of driving so far as its a 5-10 drive from front of hotel around the streets to get to back where parking is,and as for then charging 5 euros to basically park in a non secure car park.
Once in the room it was a large room,and very clean.Though in daylight hours the lights do not work,i take it that is something they do to be green.Also even though there was two of us we only got one key,so when I went out I couldn't take key as it controlled the electric.The shower was a little hard to work out,also I didn't like the fact even though it was just the motorway outside the bathroom window there was no blinds etc just a clear window.
The free wifi was really good,and worked better than most in hotels.
The breakfast was ok,nothing over the top great about it but quite a lot to choose from.
There is a big supermarket(Cora)within walking distance,and opposite where you have to go to use the road to get to parking.Also because of once living in the area I know the Woluwe shopping centre is just a short drive away,as is the centre of Brussels.
All in all I would use this hotel again on trips to Brussels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stephane70, General Manager at Ramada Brussels Woluwe, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Good morning from Brussels !

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review.

We feel really sorry regarding the parking access, please find on our website following link to manage arrival without searching: http://www.ramadabrusselswoluwe.be/lang/en/images/parking/parking-driving-guidelines.pdf
We hope this will help you in finding correct access.

We hope to welcome you next time, excellent regars,

Stephane De Bruyn, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
Gresham Belson Hotel
Van Belle Hotel
Van Belle Hotel
#4 of 6 in Anderlecht
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek

Been to Ramada Brussels Woluwe? Share your experiences!